Has any fanbase suffered as much as Cowboys fans have the last 5 years?

romothesavior

Reaction score
I can't imagine what 49er fans are going through right now. 3 Straight years being so close but to come up inches short. At least we knew we stunk and were not buying tickets to the big dance. Sure they will probably be in the hunt again next year but for now they are in some serious pain.

I would lop off a testicle to just see the Cowboys make it to the Super Bowl with Romo at the helm. So no, I don't feel sorry for the 49ers.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I can't imagine what 49er fans are going through right now. 3 Straight years being so close but to come up inches short. At least we knew we stunk and were not buying tickets to the big dance. Sure they will probably be in the hunt again next year but for now they are in some serious pain.

I know exactly what their fans are going through....I'm just having a really hard time finding sympathy for 49er fans. :)

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
To answer the question posed in the OP: I think we win the contest for suffering over the past 5 (at least) years. The reason is twofold: even though we were one game from being in the playoffs for the past 3 years and fell short (in heartbreaking fashion), a reasonable fan would have to have known that we wouldn't have gone very far had we gotten in....AND we also have to know that things won't get better anytime soon. If ever.

Tawney88

Reaction score
To answer the question posed in the OP: I think we win the contest for suffering over the past 5 (at least) years. The reason is twofold: even though we were one game from being in the playoffs for the past 3 years and fell short (in heartbreaking fashion), a reasonable fan would have to have known that we wouldn't have gone very far had we gotten in....AND we also have to know that things won't get better anytime soon. If ever.
Jerry says you're welcome and asks aren't you entertained?

popp1234

Reaction score
Why not be be balanced and do both?

Why not enjoy the game, even win we lose? Simple, the entertainment value of losing is ZERO. Unless, of course, winning games is not the primary objective.

Last edited:

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Why not enjoy the game, even win we lose? Simple, the entertainment value of losing is ZERO. Unless, of course, winning games is not the primary objective.

It's not (for Jerry). Making money is Jerry's primary objective. Too bad he doesn't realize that he'd probably make even more money if we were winning playoff games and an occasional Super Bowl or two.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Some folks are just happy being competitive.....................I guess having no concept of what the playoffs are will do that after a while.

Very good post.

We are happy for a big play a record broken... Quite simply, a win any time we can get it.

Thinking any deeper or further than that has been missing fir almost 20 years.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
No. Great question though!

I've enjoyed each of the last three years. The teams been competitive, and relevant until week 17. I've been disappointed with the outcomes, if that's what you're looking for. But "suffering"? Please. That's just more hyperbolic Cowboyfan melodrama. It's an intentionally ridiculous overstatement in the annual competition you guys have to see who can blow reality the furthest out of proportion. That's, of course, just my opinion.

Seriously. First world problems much? I don't suffer from watching football.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Everything is at equilibrium or will reach it. There is yin and yang in all things even to the very elemental particles. Why would you prefer one part over another when both are necessary for harmony?

Outside the metaphysical you can enjoy the small things while being disappointed in an outcome and vice versa.

However, if you prefer to be miserable don't let me stop you. Everyone wants their team to win the SB. Joy is in the journey not the arrival.

theSHOW

Reaction score
It's not (for Jerry). Making money is Jerry's primary objective. Too bad he doesn't realize that he'd probably make even more money if we were winning playoff games and an occasional Super Bowl or two.

oh yeah, stupid jerry just wants the money. Why doesn't he just order up a few more titles and he would be rich. Is this what you think he should do?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i dont get why fans think the Cowboys fans have suffered so much more then any other teams fans. Im sure other teams are wishing they had a QB like Romo, Wr like Dez, TE like Witten, And OL, A Ware, A Lee.

Gameover

Reaction score
check the Dolphins record the past 20 years. That's suffering, and their a flag ship franchise. somehow ESPN doesn't bring up their fails everyweek.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Everything is at equilibrium or will reach it. There is yin and yang in all things even to the very elemental particles. Why would you prefer one part over another when both are necessary for harmony?

Outside the metaphysical you can enjoy the small things while being disappointed in an outcome and vice versa.

However, if you prefer to be miserable don't let me stop you. Everyone wants their team to win the SB. Joy is in the journey not the arrival.

I think you may have posted this on the wrong board.
This board is about football, .. winning and losing football.
Loving to win, and hating to lose. Period

I'm sure "equilibrium, yin and yang, elemental particles, and metaphysical are all very important and interesting things, .. they just don't come up in my football conversations very often.

And trust me, there is great "joy" when your team "arrives" at the winners podium of the Super Bowl.
Even moreso than the "journey".

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
i dont get why fans think the Cowboys fans have suffered so much more then any other teams fans. Im sure other teams are wishing they had a QB like Romo, Wr like Dez, TE like Witten, And OL, A Ware, A Lee.

I'm not so sure they are talking about suffering "that" we lose, as much as "how" we lose.

Unbelieveable, gut-wreching, 'rip your heart out' losses, .. often snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'm not so sure they are talking about suffering "that" we lose, as much as "how" we lose.

Unbelieveable, gut-wreching, 'rip your heart out' losses, .. often snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

You dont think other fans of other teams feel their losses are gut wrenching?