Has anyone here ever changed their favorite team?

Mannix

Reaction score
Not since I was 11 when Warfield, Csonka, and Kiick all jumped to the USFL and broke my heart.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
No, been with Dallas since the mid 1970's. However, these days I don't give a damn like I used to. What's the right word to use? Apathetic?
Not quite as diehard. I do know in the late 80s i almost gave up on them

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Nope. If I was to ever stop being a fan of Dallas, I wouldn't switch to a different team. They would have no meaning to me and I wouldn't get that same satisfaction. I would just become more of a fan of the players itself rather than a team.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Not quite as diehard. I do know in the late 80s i almost gave up on them
I was stationed out at Camp Pendleton from 85 to 89 and missed most of Landry's final years. The internet didn't exist then, so it was a lot harder to keep up with the Cowboys while living in California. I did get the chance to see Dallas play at San Diego in a preseason game in 1986, though. That was a great experience, even though they lost 20-0.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’ve started paying more attention to teams across the league because of players I like, when before that it was unheard of.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not in football for many years . Was born in 61 and became a cowboy fan in 71 and haven’t wavered .Prior to that I liked Leroy Kelley and the Browns . I’m don’t watch the other 2 sports near as much

Been a dodger fan since the 70s. In basketball I have been all over the place no loyalty at all

BoysForLife

Reaction score
No, been with Dallas since the mid 1970's. However, these days I don't give a damn like I used to. What's the right word to use? Apathetic?
:hammer:perfectly said

Same boat here. In it for life and can't /wouldn't switch teams, but at the same time it's not the same as it used to be.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Holy cow I'm not the only one, over 50 years with both teams. :omg:

I obviously hate myself and that is my punishment.
Do you break out in cold sweats every time you hear the name Sid Bream?:grin:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Football no, Basketball yes. I was a jordan fan so i became a wizards fan once he unretired. I'm a lebron fan now so i just go where he does lol.

I really don't think i could completely quit the cowboys unless VA got their own team. but i do root for other teams like the browns since i like underdogs
Yeah I don't watch the NBA anymore, big NCAA Uconn fan though.

I was an NBA fan years ago, Philly because of Dr. J! Later I was a Knicks season ticket holder during the Rieley/Ewing years.

Cowboys is the NFL and my favorite sports, that can never change.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Buffalo is also my second favorite team, lived up there from 88 to 92 and met my wife there (Grand Island)
My family is mostly upstate NY and the Adirondacks, so lots of relatives and friends are Buffalo fans. I support them when we aren't involved.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Lol, Sid Bream, ugh.
So full disclosure I'm not a Pirates or Braves fan

But I remember watching that game in the dorm back in college with several guys who were all Pirates fans

They were almost in tears

Still can't believe Bream beat that throw to home

jsb357

Reaction score
Can't be done...

If you change, then the original team was not ever your favorite team.

:hammer:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Only team I changed was NBA. Only because my favorite team, the Seattle Supersonics, moved to Oklahoma City. No way I was following them there. Since I live in the Pacific NW, I just moved my favorite to the Portland Trailblazers.

Could never dream on changing NFL teams. As much as the Cowboys frustrate me to no end, I'm stuck with them.