Has AT&T stadium been sold out yet?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
This is true. Selling playoff tickets can pay for your whole season of tickets next year. But lets not forget season ticket holders also have to pay "seat option" fees on top of the season ticket prices. So for example, If each ticket sells for 200.00 per ticket. The season ticket holder had to pay almost the same amount in the seat option. So just because the ticket says 200.00 it probably really cost 400.00. But that same 200.00 ticket can go for 600.00-1200.00 during playoffs or premium games.
Just FYI, the seat license is a flat fee you pay when you first buy your season tickets and it varies by section of the stadium. So I paid mine when I first bought my season tickets 13 years ago and it was $5,000 per seat and that gave me a license to continue to buy those specific season tickets for 30 years. So I was in the hole for $20,000 in year one and have 30 years to theoretically make that back. I can also sell my license on the open market but naturally the value of that license decreases the closer you get to that 30 year mark.

I can almost always make back the "face value" of the tickets on a game by game basis, EXCEPT for the pre-season games which are always a lost cause. They used to charge full regular season prices for pre-season games (so in my case $150 a ticket) and you could maybe get $20 for them if it was a good game, so you're in the hole even more for those. A couple years ago, they changed that and increased the regular season per ticket price but lowered the preseason ticket price to $50 a ticket (for my section). That was a big help, but I still had 10 years of losing $600 for every pre-season game.

After 13 years, I'm sure I'm still "in the hole" regarding money spent vs. money recouped on sales, but I've been to some awesome games (some heartbreakers as well) and made some great memories. Also have made it to every home playoff game. Don't regret getting the season tickets, but I also don't feel bad selling some tickets for over face value from time to time.

chagus

Reaction score
As a season ticket holder who's also been to 8 other stadiums, you're right. It's Jerry's fault, though. 20-30% of any game are people who don't care about football, were given tickets by their company, and are only there to be seen. With that said, I thought about selling mine because it's the playoffs, and we all know what happens in the playoffs.
No offense but your pessimism is the last thing anyone wants to read just a few days before the playoffs begin. If i had tickets id be AT THE GAME YELLING MY *** OFF.... GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Mannix

Reaction score
Pretty crazy how 50,000 Cowboys fans show up and
take over the "Commanders" stadium in week 18 but
the locals can't fill their home stadium in a playoff game.

GB fans will fill the vacancies... smh

Exhibit A in the case of "road game fans are better than locals".
Been saying that for 15 years!!!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Should be sold out!!!!
What's wrong with you local Cowboys fans?????
Ticket prices are too dang high. No reason for ticket prices this high other than greed. $250-$500+ for each ticket plus transportation, traffic, parking, food, etc. turns a lot of people off, especially when anyone can watch the game on tv.

It amazes me that people are willing to drop $1000 for a few hours to watch something at a stadium which is free to watch on tv. I can think of 10,000 things I would rather do with $1000 than give it to the NFL, Goodell, Jerry and his family, players, talking bobbleheads on mainstream media, etc.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Ticket prices are too dang high. No reason for ticket prices this high other than greed. $250-$500+ for each ticket plus transportation, traffic, parking, food, etc. turns a lot of people off, especially when anyone can watch the game on tv.

It amazes me that people are willing to drop $1000 for a few hours to watch something at a stadium which is free to watch on tv. I can think of 10,000 things I would rather do with $1000 than give it to the NFL, Goodell, Jerry and his family, players, talking bobbleheads on mainstream media, etc.

Because its about the experience and not the action itself.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
No offense but your pessimism is the last thing anyone wants to read just a few days before the playoffs begin. If i had tickets id be AT THE GAME YELLING MY *** OFF.... GO COWBOYS!!!!!
I've already said I'm going to the game, and I've been to every playoff game at JerryWorld. If you don't want to read my posts, there's a cool little IGNORE feature on this site.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
For those with season tickets, question about the sold out games at home.... Sometimes I find the standing room section more expensive than the seats. A lot more! My understanding talking to people who experienced it was that it was crowded and had to fight your way to front. Is it better now?

LonnieElam

Reaction score
For those with season tickets, question about the sold out games at home.... Sometimes I find the standing room section more expensive than the seats. A lot more! My understanding talking to people who experienced it was that it was crowded and had to fight your way to front. Is it better now?
I wouldn't even pay $20 for SRO. That's like paying to watch the game on a screen when you can do it for free at home. I did it once, and it's TERRIBLE.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I've NEVER seen Standing Room tickets selling for more than a seat in any part of the stadium. I'm not saying you're lying, I've just never witnessed that and can't think of a reason that would be the case. The worst seat in the stadium is a million times better than the best SRO spot.

To answer your last question, it is actually worse in that they've installed these 5 foot high black plexiglass panels in a lot of the stairwells to prevent people from gathering there during the game to watch from there. Now, basically, you'd have to gather in the plaza/deck areas behind either end zone and I can't imagine you'd be able to see unless you're in the very front, and once you're there, if you leave to get some food or pee, you'd lose your place immediately.

The ONLY reason I could see getting a SRO ticket is if you were going with friends who had seats and in that case, it would be possible for them to let you know if there were any empty seats in their section and you could sneak into that once the game has started. In the upper deck there are usually re-sell seats that go unsold, even for sell-out games if that makes sense.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Sorry it cost so much to watch a game.
I guess I should not be surprised when you consider the billions the TV contracts cost.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I've NEVER seen Standing Room tickets selling for more than a seat in any part of the stadium. I'm not saying you're lying, I've just never witnessed that and can't think of a reason that would be the case. The worst seat in the stadium is a million times better than the best SRO spot.

To answer your last question, it is actually worse in that they've installed these 5 foot high black plexiglass panels in a lot of the stairwells to prevent people from gathering there during the game to watch from there. Now, basically, you'd have to gather in the plaza/deck areas behind either end zone and I can't imagine you'd be able to see unless you're in the very front, and once you're there, if you leave to get some food or pee, you'd lose your place immediately.

The ONLY reason I could see getting a SRO ticket is if you were going with friends who had seats and in that case, it would be possible for them to let you know if there were any empty seats in their section and you could sneak into that once the game has started. In the upper deck there are usually re-sell seats that go unsold, even for sell-out games if that makes sense.
Check out Stubhub and some of the Non-Cowboys sites. There are SROs selling for thousands of dollars right now for the Green Bay game. I saw it last year too when I was on a business trip nearby and wanted to see what was available. I guess they're hoping someone falls for it?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Check out Stubhub and some of the Non-Cowboys sites. There are SROs selling for thousands of dollars right now for the Green Bay game. I saw it last year too when I was on a business trip nearby and wanted to see what was available. I guess they're hoping someone falls for it?
I have no idea why that would be, especially since there are hundreds of listings in the $100-$200 range as well. I would bet they aren't "selling" for thousands but rather "listing" for thousands. :laugh:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I have no idea why that would be, especially since there are hundreds of listings in the $100-$200 range as well. I would bet they aren't "selling" for thousands but rather "listing" for thousands. :laugh:
Boy, I would hate to be the person getting scammed for a $3,000 SRO. I went with seats last year, but was just wondering if there was some update to that section I wasn't aware of since everyone I talked with that tried it like @LonnieElam had nothing but bad things to say about the experience. I guess they're just hoping someone buys it without looking. I've found some great deals on StubHub for other sports.