Has Dak Peaked?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The best year of his career is still his rookie year. Incredible efficient. Highest QB rating of his career. Rushing for 21 first downs and 6 TDs. All around stellar performance in a sustainable and repeatable offense. His rushing production dropped all the way to 7 first downs and 1 TD last year. He is a fine QB. Around the 10th best in the world. One of only 20 or so humans capable of playing QB in the NFL. Will he end up being a 40 million dollar empty stat machine or will he power he team into the playoffs. Only time will tell. Last year was not a good start IMHO. Fine regular season. Did a big old pee pee in his diaper in the playoffs.
The NFL does their "End of the year QB rankings" after every season and this is how Dak has ranked:

2016 - 7
2017 - 20
2018 - 18
2019- 11
2020 - 16
2021 - 9

Which is an average of 13.5, rounded to 14, which I believe is about right to where he ranks as a QB. If we're playing the Eagles practice squad he can look top 10, but if we're playing a good defense he's not even top 20. That's just Dak. He's wildly inconsistent.

Dak is still, 6 years later, chasing the ghost of his rookie season. He should have surpassed that years ago.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You just seem giddy about Dak having a few rushing yard in a loss, that's all.
You're making up things that aren't real, like suggesting you have any clue what someone is "feeling." Unlike you who seems to be emotional about anything remotely positive about the starting QB.
I truly hope you get the help you need.
It's clear you're not able to move past your agenda.

Yep! Sucks we lost, but I'm not obsessed with it like you.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You're making up things that aren't real, like suggesting you have any clue what someone is "feeling." Unlike you who seems to be emotional about anything remotely positive about the starting QB.
I truly hope you get the help you need.
It's clear you're not able to move past your agenda.

Yep! Sucks we lost, but I'm not obsessed with it like you.
Imagine calling someone "emotional" and then typing all that afterwards.....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Imagine calling someone "emotional" and then typing all that afterwards.....
Hopefully, you get that straightened out. I can't imagine how you are in real life. But you have to WANT the help.
Good luck and have a great weekend!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defenses usually adjust to a running Qb after 1 year, unless you got a unique talent that’s in Baltimore right now, who has an incredibly gifted release and can get the ball out quickly, unlike our slow-wind up QB,..
Dak ran like the lego man before he became a gimp now with fear in his soul.......
images.jpeg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully, you get that straightened out. I can't imagine how you are in real life. But you have to WANT the help.
Good luck and have a great weekend!
You're handing out life advice...like a real guru.....by using an online sports message board?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You're handing out life advice...like a real guru.....by using an online sports message board?
I genuinely care that folks get the help they need. I apologize that that offends you. I understand that being courteous and concerned toward other people is foreign to you and I'm not even mad.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak peaked his rookie year. Developing into an elite passer was never in the cards for Dak. That’s why his contract is such a disaster for this team.

We’ll always be compensating for his lack of talent while at the same time compensating for his enormous contract. Overpaying your QB is the kiss of death for a team. That’s why you see teams giving away their overpaid QB’s.
I do agree with your above statement except for the below. Which teams have given away their overpaid QB's exactly? Wintz? Plenty of other QB's are worth the money, but Dak/Wintz stand out as overpaid indeed. The Bills signed their QB to a monster deal yet have managed to build around him. What happens with KC now will be a test. Smart teams can pay their qb and compete.....we are well you know

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I do agree with your above statement except for the below. Which teams have given away their overpaid QB's exactly? Wintz? Plenty of other QB's are worth the money, but Dak/Wintz stand out as overpaid indeed. The Bills signed their QB to a monster deal yet have managed to build around him. What happens with KC now will be a test. Smart teams can pay their qb and compete.....we are well you know

Falcons gave away Ryan to the team that gave away Wentz. 9ers want to get rid of Garropolo and Browns want rid of Mayfield but no one’s biting on those contracts. Rams gave away Goff last year.

I rate Dak higher than all of those guys but he’s not that much better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What is your issue with guys that just find ways to perform when it matters most?

Are you so conditioned to watching bums like Dak and Romo that you forgot what a guy performing when the lights are the brightest look like and you now resent it? You seem to care much more about what their stats look like at the end of the year instead of where they lead their team.
Romo and Dak are bums now? Ok lol. You hyped up Nate Sudfeld but want to call Romo and Dak bums….just wow lol.

Reactions: G2

shabazz

Reaction score
Falcons gave away Ryan to the team that gave away Wentz. 9ers want to get rid of Garropolo and Browns want rid of Mayfield but no one’s biting on those contracts. Rams gave away Goff last year.

I rate Dak higher than all of those guys but he’s not that much better.

…..only disagree with lumping Ryan in with those guys. I thought his level of play was above Daks. The rest are just mediocre like our guy. Geoff’s play just bores me to death.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Romo and Dak are bums now? Ok lol. You hyped up Nate Sudfeld but want to call Romo and Dak bums….just wow lol.
Nobody was hyping Sudfeld up. You're trying to avoid the question by flat out lying.

So I'll ask again for everyone to see:

"What is your issue with guys that just find ways to perform when it matters most?

Are you so conditioned to watching bums like Dak and Romo that you forgot what a guy performing when the lights are the brightest look like and you now resent it? You seem to care much more about what their stats look like at the end of the year instead of where they lead their team."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nobody was hyping Sudfeld up. You're trying to avoid the question by flat out lying.

So I'll ask again for everyone to see:

"What is your issue with guys that just find ways to perform when it matters most?

Are you so conditioned to watching bums like Dak and Romo that you forgot what a guy performing when the lights are the brightest look like and you now resent it? You seem to care much more about what their stats look like at the end of the year instead of where they lead their team."
When has Nate Sudfeld “find ways to win”?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
When has Nate Sudfeld “find ways to win”?

One more time so everyone can see you avoid it for the 3rd time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

One more time so everyone can see you avoid it for the 3rd time.
When did Nate Sudfeld find ways to win? Why won’t you answer it?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
When did Nate Sudfeld find ways to win? Why won’t you answer it?
You do realize that anybody that cares enough about this can easily go back a page or two and see that this question that you refuse to answer:

had nothing at all to do with Sudfeld and everything to do with you trying to disparage Joe "Never 1 and done in the playoffs" Flacco and him leading his team to a 10-5 playoff record, Super Bowl MVP, and greatest QB playoff run of all time, right?

Meanwhile, you are trying to tell other posters to "post Joe's other stats and ignore the playoff stuff" because, when your hero is Dak Prescott, regular season is all that matters and all ya got.