Has Dak Prescott shown enough for Dallas to sign long term?

blueblood70

Reaction score
can we not table these talks until after the season, you do realize FT contract by NFL rule are closed until February or march..so what keep talking about this..i want to see 16 games anyway from all coaches and players

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After last year I argued not to sign Dak long term. My main reasoning was I didn’t know if it was Dak or the talent around him.... that question has been solved. Pay that man!
Anyone not on the dak train at this point is just stupid.

No other way to put it.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Pay him for what? Yes, he is putting up personal stats but this year Dallas' record is 1-3.....last year Dak put up great personal stats but Dallas' record was 8-8.

Over the last 28 games, the Dak led Dallas Cowboys have a record of 12 Wins and 16 Losses.

While his personal stats may jump out the team record does not and ultimately the job of a QB is to help lead the team to Wins, not personal stats.

Ya and to be darned with him that he only plays on one side of the ball. All the other great QBs play D, cover punts, kick field goals, etc etc.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
People make every excuse in the world for dak. It’s the coaching it’s the defense. When does it come down to wins and losses?

last year he had a top 10 defense and couldn’t win a bad division. With all pros everywhere on offense.

if he can’t win with that team how are we going to win when we give him 40+ million and can’t sign other talent.

and the media says “pay him”. Of course they do... cause if he fails they can rip us some more.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People make every excuse in the world for dak. It’s the coaching it’s the defense. When does it come down to wins and losses?

last year he had a top 10 defense and couldn’t win a bad division. With all pros everywhere on offense.

if he can’t win with that team how are we going to win when we give him 40+ million and can’t sign other talent.

and the media says “pay him”. Of course they do... cause if he fails they can rip us some more.
Are you really going to compare last year season with Jason Garrett. When the team quit on him. This year as we just suck

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
And what would be you asking price? And what if you don't get it?
Swap 1st this year, they give theirs 1st next yr, their 2nd this yr and their 3rd. The 3rd rounder would probably be negotiated down.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
That's a tough bet to make. Finding a legit NFL QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. Finding a stud? Damn near impossible. There is almost never more than 5 or 6 of them on the planet at any given time. Ten tops. If you have one you hang onto him. It's cute to say you can find a serviceable QB in the draft and build an elite defense but I can name the teams that have won with elite defense and pedestrian QB play in the salary cap era on one hand and have fingers leftover. And you only get to count the Ravens and Giants as one team even though they won more than one Super Bowl. I guess the other one would be Steelers first one with Ruthlessraper and the Bucs with Johnson. I suppose you could throw the Seahawks with young Russ in there as well but Russ was top 5 in the league in passer rating and QBR that year. OKay maybe I might need two hands to count 'em. But that's 6 Super Bowls (7 if you count the Seahawks) out of the last 30 what have accomplished what you seems to be proposing. That means you're almost 4 times as likely to win with a badass QB and an okay defense than the other way around.
Stan Humphries, Neil O’Donnell, Chris Chandler, Trent Dilfer, Rich Gannon, Jake Delhomme, Rex Grossman, Kaepernick, Matt Ryan. I got 9 without repeating ur handful...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Stan Humphries, Neil O’Donnell, Chris Chandler, Trent Dilfer, Rich Gannon, Jake Delhomme, Rex Grossman, Kaepernick, Matt Ryan. I got 9 without repeating ur handful...

Of that list only ONE actually WON a Super Bowl.. that being Dilfer on the coattails of that great Ravens defense. My premise was based on actually winning the Super Bowl.. Not getting there and getting pantsed after being up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter or throwing two pick sixes or stalling out at the 5 yard line with the winning TD right in front of you or throwing Larry Brown two of the easiest interceptions any DB ever hoped for. But again.. the operative word was WIN.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

LOL this is a good one. Why can't Dak just score 40 ppg since our defense can't hold teams under 40!?!? Isn't that what other great QBs have done? I mean every great QB on my home planet has simply led his team to more than 40 ppg when they have had a defense that bad.. Unfortunately here on Earth it has never been done.. but there's a first time for everything right?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Honesty even if you are against dak it’s hard to make an argument that he is not the best player on the entire team.

I challenge anyone to point out a player that is playing better at their respective position than dak or doing more to help the team be as competitive as possible.

the question is the money thing on the contract but just do it like Mahomes deal and we will be fine...this defense and oline both need massive help before this team goes anywhere

Aldon Smith

Brax

Reaction score
LOL this is a good one. Why can't Dak just score 40 ppg since our defense can't hold teams under 40!?!? Isn't that what other great QBs have done? I mean every great QB on my home planet has simply led his team to more than 40 ppg when they have had a defense that bad.. Unfortunately here on Earth it has never been done.. but there's a first time for everything right?
What's the excuses for last year?????

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Dak keeps almost 500 yards per game he is going to set crazy records but his Defense is gonna set crazy records and we will be 1-15..

He is playing great. If he didn’t have to throw 50+ times a game and attempt to score more than 36 points a game then he wouldn’t have the turnovers.

Creeper

Reaction score
Swap 1st this year, they give theirs 1st next yr, their 2nd this yr and their 3rd. The 3rd rounder would probably be negotiated down.

So you would move down this year for a 2 and 3 this year? Plus a 1 next year? That swap would have to be only down a few spots for this trade to make sense. At #10, the 2021 picks would only be worth 2000 points, or 1000 less than the #1. The 1 next year is unknown making it less valuable IMO.

I would want more. Then there is the unknown about 2021 given there is little college football and we don;t know if there will be workouts or a combine next year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If there is one player that has earned a payday, it is Dak Prescott. There is certainly nobody more deserving. I can get thinking he has flaws in the game and not wanting to pay him such a large amount, but I truly don't understand why a player that has given 100% and has significantly outperformed his contract is crapped on as often as this dude is.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Good question.

Dak has a choice to make:

Accept $32-$33 million per year to help the team have some extra $$$ to shore up other positions of need and keep the team competitive...

...or...

Go follow that $40 million per year contract elsewhere.

Dak knows he will easily make up the difference in millions every year in endorsements simply for being the star QB of the Dallas Cowboys, so we will all find out by season's end how much Dak truly wants to remain a Dallas Cowboy or not.

So $7mil/yr is what it takes to rebuild a team at multiple positions? And who came up with he “has to take” $32-$33mil/yr? This just makes absolutely zero sense.