Has Jet's Jamal Adams to Cowboys trade rumors resurfaced?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The old asking price was a 1st and 2 2nd's but he's lost a year of his contract since then.

I'd absolutely give up this year's 1st round pick and pay his salary.

Jamal Adams is 24 years old and he's already the best safety in the league. Going from Jeff Heath + Xavier Woods to Adams + Haha Clinton-Dix is like going from Chad Hutchinson to Roger Staubach.

The Cowboys have the salary cap room to sign him. So removing money from the equation, would you rather have Jamal Adams, K'Lavon Chaisson or Xavier McKinney? Pretty easy choice for me.

Now if any of CeeDee Lamb, Javon Kinlaw or CJ Henderson, are there at 17, you take one of them. But if they're all gone, which is likely, then I'd make the call if all it took was this year's 1st.

Let me know when they do away with the cap.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Would gladly send them pick 17 for Adams. Chances are the board will completely suck by our pick

You guys are using the Cooper trade as an example of what not to do. But Cooper revitalized our offense (and our QB!) and that's what kept us competitive for the past two years.

This could be a rare chance to get one of the league's best young players, and a far superior player to anyone who'd be available at 17

If it was just the 17th pick I would be all for it but the article states the 17th and the seconded in 2020 & 2021. That’s completely ridiculous and absurd.

Gaede

Reaction score
"Competitive"? Is that what 8-8 is now? And losing to every team we face with a winning record? Is that 'success' to you?

What it is is giving up too much in draft assets for the privilege of setting the salary market for a strong safety.

Which is dumb.

That's because our defense sucked ***. We scored points and should've been able to win games. Remember what our offense was like without Cooper? I think we were getting maybe a TD a game with the likes of Hurns and Beasley

Yeah, we didn't get to the Super Bowl, but with Cooper, we were may more competitive than we would've been

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's because our defense sucked ***. We scored points and should've been able to win games.

Not against good defenses they didn't.

Remember what our offense was like without Cooper? I think we were getting maybe a TD a game with the likes of Hurns and Beasley

Yes, and we know exactly why it happened too. Because the team allowed their idiot coaches to chase off the receivers they did have and bring in a bunch of stiffs. They allowed a failed offensive coordinator to blame everyone but himself, before they wised up and fired him two years too late.

Yeah, we didn't get to the Super Bowl, but with Cooper, we were may more competitive than we would've been

Which shows that it wasn't some brilliant move that should now be repeated. It did not ultimately lead to overall success.

Gaede

Reaction score
Not against good defenses they didn't.

Yes, and we know exactly why it happened too. Because the team allowed their idiot coaches to chase off the receivers they did have and bring in a bunch of stiffs. They allowed a failed offensive coordinator to blame everyone but himself, before they wised up and fired him two years too late.

Which shows that it wasn't some brilliant move that should now be repeated. It did not ultimately lead to overall success.

No one thing will result in immediate success. We're building a team, and it takes 22 guys. Adams is a superior prospect to the people available in this draft. Therefore, trading that 1st for him gives us a better player, better team, and better chance of success. In no scenario would I give more then that 1st round pick. That would be insane

Rayman70

Reaction score
click bait. MM is a huge believer in building thru the draft. Being that its a brand new staff and culture being built here, I see no way we will trade away the kitchen sink on a safety, thus leaving the new staff with no ammo to build the team with. Not happening.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one thing will result in immediate success. We're building a team, and it takes 22 guys.

Then 'build that team'. Using draft picks and cap money on many players, not all of it for one guy.

Adams is a superior prospect to the people available in this draft. Therefore, trading that 1st for him gives us a better player, better team, and better chance of success.

A better player, not 'building a team'. You contradict yourself.

In no scenario would I give more then that 1st round pick. That would be insane

The 1st round pick is quite 'insane' enough when you then have to reset the market for paying a strong safety.

Successful teams aren't doing this.

Rayman70

Reaction score
wouldn't be shocked to see us move on from Chido and trade him during the draft. Or Xavier Woods. If we draft a safety within the first 3 rounds, woods may be traded.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me know when they do away with the cap.
Not to derail this thread. But the way the salary cap keep jumping, who knows. I'm talking, oh I don't know just to throw a number out there, say 10-12 years from now. It could happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to derail this thread. But the way the salary cap keep jumping, who knows. I'm talking, oh I don't know just to throw a number out there, say 10-12 years from now. It could happen.

I'd place my money against it ever happening. The salary cap is the league's fail safe. It ensures a level playing field among all owners, no matter how much money they have or how much their team earns more than another. And it also saves these billionaires from themselves, by making sure that they're essentially 'forced' to pocket half of that revenue. That is the very basis for their 'can't lose' business model. I can never see a day when they would give that up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would be extremely shocking. They really like him and they need CB's. He's a lock to get extended unless he wants B. Jones type money.

I disagree, I think this entire secondary (outside of Brown obviously) are on one year prove-it deals, with the team evaluating anyone and everyone to see if they fit into the team's long term plans.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if this were a consideration (not saying it is), I wonder if the uncertainty about playing the upcoming season - or at least playing it in full - might make team's hesitant to make a trade. For example, would the Cowboys be hesitant to give up a 1st round draft pick (and probably more) to get a player for a season that might be shortened or not even be played, especially knowing that player's contract is only valid though 2020?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I hope not.....they're doing for the moon plus he's another one that wants to be the "highest paid" .......you can't have an entire roster of divas that think they should be the highest paid.

That's how we won Superbowls in the 90's ...... And also why we have been mediocre for 25 years since ..... So it works but with heavy consequences.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I disagree, I think this entire secondary (outside of Brown obviously) are on one year prove-it deals, with the team evaluating anyone and everyone to see if they fit into the team's long term plans.
AND not to mention Chido had a rough year in 2019. Not real inspiring. So dunno how anyone can think hes a lock.If anything, he might be replaced with a potentially better cb and one that will be playing on a 4 year rookie contract. Chido will demand to be paid. I don't see that. I think we will draft 2 corners within the first 4 rounds.