Has Jet's Jamal Adams to Cowboys trade rumors resurfaced?

Rayman70

Reaction score
btw..the last coaching regime "liked" chido a lot. This staff is not beholden to him at all. We now have standards. Status quo no longer gets you a 2nd contract here.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Would gladly send them pick 17 for Adams. Chances are the board will completely suck by our pick

You guys are using the Cooper trade as an example of what not to do. But Cooper revitalized our offense (and our QB!) and that's what kept us competitive for the past two years.

This could be a rare chance to get one of the league's best young players, and a far superior player to anyone who'd be available at 17

As good as he is he isn’t a difference maker on games and with our 1st round pick id like to draft a potential game breaker then sending our 1st rounder away for a Strong Safety.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
btw..the last coaching regime "liked" chido a lot. This staff is not beholden to him at all. We now have standards. Status quo no longer gets you a 2nd contract here.
Lots of players didn't get a 2nd contract even under the old staff.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lots of players didn't get a 2nd contract even under the old staff.
maybe so..but they hung onto players they drafted too long. Chido is one of them. Good teams and coaches know when to sell high on a player. The bad ones run the wheels off them and get nearly nothing back in return. Chido should be traded while we still can. Xavier Woods wants paid too..we need to move him if we have plans on drafting a top safety. The old staff was hot garbage btw. They did get some things right the first couple years, but Garrett grew arrogant thinking he had a lifetime gig and had zero consequences. GLAD that changed finally.

Nexx

Reaction score
I agree. I view it as the final attempt to 'play now, pay later' and save Garrett's hide. Just like the Cooper deal was the year before. Mortgaging future assets in an effort to bail you out today. Not a good business plan at all. I hope the idea left the building with the prior regime.

You either:
  1. Draft a quality young player by using a significant draft pick or picks
  2. You spend big money on a proven quality free agent player
What you do NOT do is both.

Amari...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AND not to mention Chido had a rough year in 2019. Not real inspiring. So dunno how anyone can think hes a lock.If anything, he might be replaced with a potentially better cb and one that will be playing on a 4 year rookie contract.

He ceertainly hasn't shown that he's a long-term starter for this team. He was actually benched at one point last year, however briefly. And this new staff doesn't know him from Adam, he has no clout with them at all. Like most of the roster, he now has to prove himself all over again and show that he deserves a spot on this roster.

Chido will demand to be paid. I don't see that.

He's in no position to "demand" anything. He's playing to keep his spot on this team and auditioning for the rest of the league for next year.

I think we will draft 2 corners within the first 4 rounds.

Maybe not in the first 4 rounds, but I expect two cornerbacks to be drafted as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And?

whats-your-point-vanessa.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
maybe so..but they hung onto players they drafted too long. Chido is one of them. Good teams and coaches know when to sell high on a player. The bad ones run the wheels off them and get nearly nothing back in return. Chido should be traded while we still can. Xavier Woods wants paid too..we need to move him if we have plans on drafting a top safety. The old staff was hot garbage btw. They did get some things right the first couple years, but Garrett grew arrogant thinking he had a lifetime gig and had zero consequences. GLAD that changed finally.

Awuzie is still on his rookie, deal, and while he hasn't been as good as we originally hoped he might, he has easily been good enough to stick with the team. You can't just get rid of every player that doesn't meet the highest expectations because that would leave you with a few stars and a whole lot of bums. There have to be 2nd tier and even 3rd tier players to fill out a team. Ultimately, he either will accept a reasonable contract for the team to get a 2nd contract, or he will be invited to move along.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Awuzie is still on his rookie, deal, and while he hasn't been as good as we originally hoped he might, he has easily been good enough to stick with the team. You can't just get rid of every player that doesn't meet the highest expectations because that would leave you with a few stars and a whole lot of bums. There have to be 2nd tier and even 3rd tier players to fill out a team. Ultimately, he either will accept a reasonable contract for the team to get a 2nd contract, or he will be invited to move along.
hes on the last year of his deal is what I am sayin..why wait for it to expire? Trade him now and get something back in return. I don't see him playing better and he will ask for a ton of money after the season. We wont do that. He's trade bait. (EDIT) thanks to stash...HE is in the 3rd year of his rookie deal...someone let me know if that's correct.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hes on the last year of his deal is what I am sayin..why wait for it to expire? Trade him now and get something back in return. I don't see him playing better and he will ask for a ton of money after the season. We wont do that. He's trade bait.

No he's not.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Maybe they draft some corners wr dline and after the draft trade for Jamal Adams with next years first :huh:

Gaede

Reaction score
Then 'build that team'. Using draft picks and cap money on many players, not all of it for one guy.

A better player, not 'building a team'. You contradict yourself.

The 1st round pick is quite 'insane' enough when you then have to reset the market for paying a strong safety.

Successful teams aren't doing this.

Uh dude, you use a pick on one player. Exchanging our 1 draft pick for 1 player -- albeit a veteran, not a rookie -- is the exact same thing. You have a shorter deal, yes. But you're only adding one player either way. Might as well get the one that's way better.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Looks like idle fan chatter to me.

If the Cowboys were unwilling to give up the exorbitant asking price of a 1st and two 2nd's last year, in yet another vain effort to save a worthless head coach from being fired, they're not about to pay it now, six months later, and another year into the player's cheap rookie contract.

The draft is about acquiring cheap labor for as long as you can, not about giving up premium draft assets to pay top-of-the-market money for someone else's player.

Here's my offer: Our second-round pick, Xavier Woods and a third-rounder next year. Anything beyond that is too much.

The Jets get a one-year starting safety, can use the second-rounder to try to upgrade the spot going forward and then a third-rounder to spare. The alternative is to keep Adams for one more year and then either pay him big money or lose him. (BTW, I'm willing for Dallas to pay him big money to have that quality of player at the position.)

Most likely the only way the Jets would do that deal is on the clock when the first round is already gone and there's someone they really like available. Draft capital increases in value during the draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hes on the last year of his deal is what I am sayin..why wait for it to expire? Trade him now and get something back in return. I don't see him playing better and he will ask for a ton of money after the season. We wont do that. He's trade bait.
Trades aren't as routine as just trading any player going into the last year of his contract. For starters, being in the last year of a contract doesn't mean they aren't useful to the team in that year, plus there are boatloads of players all over the NFL going into the last year of their contract, and trading them all simply can't be that routine. A team can't just replace all the players entering their last year all at once.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh dude, you use a pick on one player. Exchanging our 1 draft pick for 1 player -- albeit a veteran, not a rookie -- is the exact same thing. You have a shorter deal, yes.

Then clearly "not the same thing".

But you're only adding one player either way. Might as well get the one that's way better.

Uh, dude, you're also paying top of the market money on top of giving up the draft pick.

You do one or the other for "one player", not both.
:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ah that's right..he was drafted in what, 2017? Is that right?

No, you're right about him being a free agent, but he's not 'trade bait', for all of the reasons you mentioned for us not paying him. They're the same reasons why no one else would trade for him.

EJK24

Reaction score
I like Adams alot and think he would be a great addition to our defense, however, if the asking price is even remotely close to what that article says, than no way would I trade for him.

There are mentions of a first AND second round pick there. We have too many holes to fill to give up multiple picks for him or anyone else right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's my offer: Our second-round pick, Xavier Woods and a third-rounder next year. Anything beyond that is too much.

The Jets get a one-year starting safety, can use the second-rounder to try to upgrade the spot going forward and then a third-rounder to spare. The alternative is to keep Adams for one more year and then either pay him big money or lose him. (BTW, I'm willing for Dallas to pay him big money to have that quality of player at the position.)

Most likely the only way the Jets would do that deal is on the clock when the first round is already gone and there's someone they really like available. Draft capital increases in value during the draft.

Respectfully, I still consider that a terrible idea. Two picks to have to reset the market for a strong safety. And I see no reason at all as to why the Jets would go for it either. Absolutely no part of it benefits them in any way. They look cheap, they gave up their best player for peanuts, and they have Xavier Woods for one year? Their new GM would already be fired.