Has NFL Explained Why Clock Never Started Until Teddy Passed The Ball At End Of Half?

Brax

Reaction score
:facepalm: Gosh, you are gullible. They just replayed a video of the clock. Put a timer to it. It is virtually impossible to throw a pass under 2 seconds.
I take it you never played ball to make that statement.

Brax

Reaction score
Um the clock didn’t start until he threw the pass go back and watch it. It should start as soon as it’s snapped.
actual I think Al M commented it is correct. since we can't see the snap when TB stand the clock starts if its closer to 5 sec ??? who knows.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
As a Spurs fan it was kind of like 0.4 seconds against the Lakers. Nothing that's going to be done with it, might as well just live with the result.

kevm3

Reaction score
incompetence if not outright crookedness in the nfl, but I won't blame that for our loss yesterday. The saints were getting hosed with penalties all night as well.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Did it? Seemed to me the clock did not start at the snap.
The clock doesn't drop the instant the ball is snap. It doesn't go from 4 to 3 instantaneously. Time (up to one second) has to run off before the clock changes.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Was wondering where these threads were when we were 3-0. Methinks I've detected a correlation to losing and whining about things being rigged. Lol.

Cydios

Reaction score
well the NFL owes the Saints a few. I'm sure they didn't want to bring that up and look like hypocrites. lol

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
It takes more than 0.7 seconds for an NBA player to be able to catch and shoot it. Anything under that, the only way to score is a tip in. The clock starts as soon as the ball touches a player's hand. Same for football. And as it is in both sports, the clock stops when the ball lands. Not when the ball crosses the 'assumed' out of bounce imaginary line while it's in the air. There's absolutely no way for an NFL play to take less than (3) seconds to execute. To say that they ran a play in (2) seconds is laughable. Who knows what the outcome would have been, had the clock been operated properly, but this was a legit homer job. For goodness sake, they allow for the home team's clock operator to control the 'master' game clock. I've seen these homer jobs in college basketball, the NBA and even the NHL. This was the first football game that I've actually witnessed one of these homer jobs. Now, no one can argue that the Saints don't deserve, at least, a few of these considering the no-call in last year's NFC championship game. Just wish they didn't use one of there 'freebie' cards against the team that I cheer for.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
The clock manager in that game should be fired. Probably the easiest job in the league. Duhh. ..let me see....I need to hit this button when the ball is snapped?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Here is a great question!

If Garrett was so upset about this, and he was yelling at the refs... why didn’t he call a timeout to yell at them some more and maybe get them to review it?

instead he yelled at them and just walked away. We had two timeouts left that we just left to waste!

this guy sucks!
Or at least make enough of a fuss that you buy yourself the next close call.

Kind of like how you need to remind your wife of the time she burnt the roast so she makes the next one even better.

Get them to owe you

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is... we lost to that team WITHOUT Brees!! We need to score more than 10 friggin points. Thas on K Moore. That playcalling reminded me so much of the vanilla Linehan crap they marched out. If Brees had played, we aren't here cryin about a couple of seconds on the clock .

eromeopolk

Reaction score
That kinda was important since we lost by 2 points:rolleyes:

I'm sure it was just an honest mistake by the game clock operator wearing a who dat shirt. Yeah, just an honest mistake.;)
Its the Mardi Gras Mambo, the Mardi Gras Mambo, the Mardi Gras Mambo....down in New Orleans.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Exactly. That call defies logic. It's not even a matter of "well, you can't tell if the ball was moving", because, yes, you CAN tell the ball is not moving. But, this won't even get talked about on media Monday. At least not outside of DFW.

This, I told my wife we should be getting the ball back and when we did not, she said I am going upstairs now. Lol