Has Romo been exposed

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1224582 said:
Exactly.

It's hard to be amazing when you're off the field for all practical purposes until you're down 25....but Romo had some space and for whatever reason, he seemed afraid to take off.

Though there's no defending that INT into the endzone.

...was open for a first down on that int. intended for Witten.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DBoys;1224699 said:
Our defense lost the game guys not Romo
Romo didn't help and everyone knows how much I love Romo.

He's being game planned for, and Payton possibly exposed him, but we shall see next week when the Birds try and use the same philosophy. Will Romo be unphased and still get the job done, or is this all we get from him. I hope he shows us something next week.

Black Bantam 74

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1224519 said:
LOL. They don't exaggerate height in football. This isn't modeling or Hollywood. Brees is 6'0" and Romo is 6'2". So there goes that theory concerning height and seeing over the line, a stat that is overrated because QBs mostly throw through lanes.

I agree with Sultan. Tony is 6'2". He is not a short quarterback ala Brees, Grossman, Garcia, etc. Tony does well from the pocket when given time. What makes him extra dangerous is the fact he can escape the pocket when there is pressure, and he can complete passes on the run. He doesn't leave the pocket to see the field better, he is "forced" out of the pocket. If you can keep him in the pocket, of course, he is easier to sack.

I think Tony is a good quaterback, but how good he is remains to be seen. I suppose fairweather fans will go from game to game . He has a good game, "Man, Tony is good!" He has a bad game, "Oh man, Tony is bad."
Let's see what happens in the remaining games. For now, my faith is still with Tony and the Cowboys.

Peace and out. :)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyChris;1224409 said:
The Saints exposed a major weakness in Romo, and this might be bad news for us the rest of the way, the Saints constantly forced Romo to stay in the pocket, they wouldnt let him get outside, where he is the most dangerous.
I wouldn't agree with that assessment at all. He has made plenty of great passes standing right in the pocket. This game is on our D and their inabilitiy to stop NO.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
I know it's hard for some to accept this.
But the blame goes to more than the defense, or Romo, or TO, etc.
The blame falls on everybody, starting with the coach, all the way down to the kicker. Oh God, the kicker. Why did I remind myself.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Clove;1224742 said:

He's being game planned for, and Payton possibly exposed him, but we shall see next week when the Birds try and use the same philosophy. Will Romo be unphased and still get the job done, or is this all we get from him. I hope he shows us something next week.

He got off to a slow start but the defense let them have 2 80+ yard drives that chewed up a lot of clock, you can only have offensive continuity if you are out there playing offense.

DBoys

Reaction score
Clove;1224742 said:

He was playing catch up the whole game. Most of his passes were forced. The defense put us in the situation.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DBoys;1224828 said:
He was playing catch up the whole game. Most of his passes were forced. The defense put us in the situation.

Agreed.

Besides, pressure makes even great quarterbacks look average - see Thomas Brady today against the Dolphins.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jrumann59;1224573 said:
Well on the broadcast Madden said that most of the measurements are usually fibbed and said brees is closer to 5'10"-5'11" that is why he ended up in Purdue and not some big Texas school since he Brees is from Texas.

Brees measured at 5-11 7/8 at the 2001 combine. Romo measured an even 6-2 at the 2003 combine.

In college, Brees was listed at 6-1, and Romo was listed at 6-3.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DBoys;1224828 said:

We were ahead the second time we had the ball, and Romo either threw the ball away or badly misfired on third-and-6, killing our drive.

We were tied the third time we had the ball, and Romo overthrew Owens out of bounds deep, then threw a terrible pass behind Glenn that was intercepted.

We were down 14-7 the next two times we had the ball, and Romo threw incomplete on third down to kill both drives.

Long before we were playing catch-up, Romo was misfiring left and right, even when he wasn't under pressure. He just had a very bad game -- as did all but about three or four of our players and coaches.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1224944 said:
We were ahead the second time we had the ball, and Romo either threw the ball away or badly misfired on third-and-6, killing our drive.

We were tied the third time we had the ball, and Romo overthrew Owens out of bounds deep, then threw a terrible pass behind Glenn that was intercepted.

We were down 14-7 the next two times we had the ball, and Romo threw incomplete on third down to kill both drives.

Long before we were playing catch-up, Romo was misfiring left and right, even when he wasn't under pressure. He just had a very bad game -- as did all but about three or four of our players and coaches.

Shhh, don't confuse GROZ types with facts.

ddh33

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1224944 said:

Like I said in other places, the bad game I can handle. As much as a fan hates it, it does happen in this league.

I was a lot more concerned and frustrated by how this team reacts when they are taking a beating. It feels like they get popped in the nose, see blood, and decide they want to quit for the day.

DBoys

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1224944 said:

True but what about the 42 points?

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Iago33;1224791 said:
They have tape on him now! THEY HAVE TAPE!

Yep. Everybody's got him all figured out now. Romo will never complete another pass ever again!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DBoys;1224985 said:
True but what about the 42 points?

Like I said, Romo was misfiring long before the Saints had scored more than 14 points, let alone 42.

If he had been sharp and accurate UNTIL he had to play catch-up, you might have a point. But he just wasn't accurate tonight at all.

Waffle

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1224458 said:
There is one word that is been overexposed tonight and that is "exposed".

You just exposed those who tonight have overexposed the word "exposed."

Waffle

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1225002 said:
Like I said, Romo was misfiring long before the Saints had scored more than 14 points, let alone 42.

If he had been sharp and accurate UNTIL he had to play catch-up, you might have a point. But he just wasn't accurate tonight at all.

I agree. Bad day at the office. It happens. Did you see Tom Brady today?