Has Romo been exposed

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
DBoys;1224985 said:
True but what about the 42 points?

Forget it. Adam's role in life is to exculpate Zimmer and the defense no matter what, so he throws Romo under the bus instead. Tony admittedly played poorly, but the horrific defense was the story of the night. To the realists, that is.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1224962 said:
Shhh, don't confuse GROZ types with facts.

you mean it was Romo's fault we had no pressure on the other QB, gave up 530+ yds and 42 pts?

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbgun;1225042 said:
Forget it. Adam's role in life is to exculpate Zimmer and the defense no matter what, so he throws Romo under the bus instead. Tony admittedly played poorly, but the horrific defense was the story of the night. To the realists, that is.

I dont see how anyone can possibly argue otherwise

this was a pathetic defensive performance...another gem in Zimmer fine career here

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1225002 said:
Like I said, Romo was misfiring long before the Saints had scored more than 14 points, let alone 42.

If he had been sharp and accurate UNTIL he had to play catch-up, you might have a point. But he just wasn't accurate tonight at all.

I think most of us fail to see how him being accurate would have changed the fact that they scored tds on 6 of 8 drives...you dont win games playing this kind of defense:

06:37 6:44 NO 12 14 88 Touchdown
14:23 4:04 DAL 39 8 39 Touchdown
08:04 1:31 NO 17 3 9 Punt
04:04 3:20 NO 5 9 95 Touchdown
00:01 0:01 NO 33 1 -1 End of Half
11:26 1:27 NO 26 3 74 Touchdown
07:46 2:30 NO 37 5 63 Touchdown
05:16 1:29 NO 41 4 59 Touchdown

the above is an out and out disgrace

David

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The defence was terrible but Adam's point is valid. Romo was having a bad night long before the defence started to crumble.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Keeping with the theme of this thread (Has Romo been exposed), I don't like the notion that defenses feel Tony can be stopped if he's kept in the pocket. Just don't like that at all. I thought he looked very good in the pocket early, but clearly he's been held in check the last two weeks.

What is being done differently when he's in the pocket? It's alarming if teams think he can be stopped in this manner.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Dale;1225054 said:
Keeping with the theme of this thread (Has Romo been exposed), I don't like the notion that defenses feel Tony can be stopped if he's kept in the pocket. Just don't like that at all. I thought he looked very good in the pocket early, but clearly he's been held in check the last two weeks.

What is being done differently when he's in the pocket? It's alarming if teams think he can be stopped in this manner.

Teams always act like they know what they are doing when they win. Now all of a sudden there will be a book on Romo to keep him in the pocket. It is more bluster than anything.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1225029 said:
He's won three SBs so he gets a free pass :cool:

Brady definitely gets his free pass, but this game hardly means Romo's been "figured out." Again, we still don't know much about Romo long-term, but he had a bad game tonight for sure.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Waffle;1225068 said:
Brady definitely gets his free pass, but this game hardly means Romo's been "figured out." Again, we still don't know much about Romo long-term, but he had a bad game tonight for sure.

I agree big time.

sk0aL

Reaction score
To me it all goes back to playcalling. We were gashing NO with the run to start every series then we would abandon it. On the first play JJ would reel off a 10 yard run then it was 3 pass plays. Any defense would obviously start keying on that.

When you know a QB is going to pass it's easier to defend him, especially when you come out of the huddle with an empty backfield like we did all night.

Our coaches simply didn't put our offense in a position to succeed tonight.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
CowboyChris;1224409 said:
The Saints exposed a major weakness in Romo, and this might be bad news for us the rest of the way, the Saints constantly forced Romo to stay in the pocket, they wouldnt let him get outside, where he is the most dangerous.

NBC also pointed out that Romo led the league in passer rating when outside the pocket, and that Brees leads the lead while in the shotgun.

save one great pass last week, romo hasn't been playing well for about 8 straight quarters now.

not good.

and if everyone here is going to put him in the ROH with each win, than you better step up and give him some deserved criticism for the losses, too. he was awful tonight. his td should have been a pick, too.

perhaps defenses are finally adjusting to his game...

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
CowboyChris;1224409 said:
The Saints exposed a major weakness in Romo, and this might be bad news for us the rest of the way, the Saints constantly forced Romo to stay in the pocket, they wouldnt let him get outside, where he is the most dangerous.

NBC also pointed out that Romo led the league in passer rating when outside the pocket, and that Brees leads the lead while in the shotgun.

I think what was exposed is our rather medicore offensive line. Sure, they may turn in a good performance here and there, but it's still a hodgepodge at this point.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
sk0aL;1225072 said:
To me it all goes back to playcalling. We were gashing NO with the run to start every series then we would abandon it. On the first play JJ would reel off a 10 yard run then it was 3 pass plays. Any defense would obviously start keying on that.

When you know a QB is going to pass it's easier to defend him, especially when you come out of the huddle with an empty backfield like we did all night.

While I don't disagree, you know how this place is when we run the ball too much, then Parcells is just too conservative, not using his weapons etc.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1224944 said:
We were ahead the second time we had the ball, and Romo either threw the ball away or badly misfired on third-and-6, killing our drive.

We were tied the third time we had the ball, and Romo overthrew Owens out of bounds deep, then threw a terrible pass behind Glenn that was intercepted.

We were down 14-7 the next two times we had the ball, and Romo threw incomplete on third down to kill both drives.

Long before we were playing catch-up, Romo was misfiring left and right, even when he wasn't under pressure. He just had a very bad game -- as did all but about three or four of our players and coaches.
Your boy Roy misfired more on D and his regime had 42 hung on them.

had we been RUNNING the ball the Romo "misfires" would be irrelevant.

Romo had better games but he's the fall guy tonight it appears

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
sk0aL;1225072 said:

bingo.

dboyz

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1225002 said:
Like I said, Romo was misfiring long before the Saints had scored more than 14 points, let alone 42.

If he had been sharp and accurate UNTIL he had to play catch-up, you might have a point. But he just wasn't accurate tonight at all.

Romo did not have a great game at all, but I would put more blame on the defense. The defense basically left no margin for error, and they let N.O. drive the entire field and score a touchdown. That was terrible. A QB is going to have some bad passes and some incompletions.

I'll agree that Romo's first interception was a terrible throw. But Romo in the second half hardly had a chance to get going, because we were giving up touchdowns.