Has there been a bigger waste of time than Bradie James

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He serves a very valuable purpose ... there always has to be one internet messageboard persona non-grata that you have to throw under the bus and blame for bringing everything down when your more popular players aren't as good as you would like to believe. We currently have Bradie James for defense and Patrick Crayton on offense as our resident dogs to kick when we're mad.

As it stands, Bradie's made two huge fans out of two head coaches, including one no-brainer Hall of Famer, who have over 60 years combined coaching linebackers in the NFL as their area of expertise and what they built their reputations on as assistants. That's beside being the leader of a team in college playing for a head coach who was a defensive coordinator in the NFL. So I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he's doing something right.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Chief;2416179 said:
I agree that he's one of the weak links on the defense, and some of his quotes lead me to believe that he's not wired right.
He is the weakest link on the D. Safety is a close second but I believe thats just the style of D not the talent. Bradie is the weakest link and our captain on that side of the ball. Go figure.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bradie James flat-out sucks. He is the biggest liability in pass coverage. I loved how Kitna singled him out, and Bradie went on and on about how he would get his revenge prior to the game last year... And what happened? The defense, including Bradie James, couldn't even sniff Kitna who had a pretty good day. Jon Freakin' Kitna, Mr. INT... With pretty much the worst offensive line in the league.. By the end of the day, Bradie was playing goody-goody with Kitna and laughing it up...Man, the guy sucks and he annoys me...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Anyone see his interview on DC.com yesterday? I learned that our "moniker" is to stop the run and that we have to "mediate" all of Washington's threats. :eek::

I know, that's hitting below the belt. But if you're going to be a self-proclaimed leader on defense and team spokesman, is a dictionary too much to ask?

dallas_112678

Reaction score
Those gold investment commercials where the host always has a british accident....definetly a bigger waste of time. That and the coin collectors channel on tv.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Bradie, but certainly there have been bigger wastes of time.
Dwayne Goodrich comes to mind.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2416007 said:
Oy, I saw the title and still opened the thread. I must be out of my mind.

I read this and then I thought the same thing, but I guess it makes me worse because I am still in here, lol.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bradie has a number of good to great games under his belt. I could name 100 worse players before I got to him.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2416346 said:
Bradie James flat-out sucks. He is the biggest liability in pass coverage. I loved how Kitna singled him out, and Bradie went on and on about how he would get his revenge prior to the game last year... And what happened? The defense, including Bradie James, couldn't even sniff Kitna who had a pretty good day. Jon Freakin' Kitna, Mr. INT... With pretty much the worst offensive line in the league.. By the end of the day, Bradie was playing goody-goody with Kitna and laughing it up...Man, the guy sucks and he annoys me...

I think Bradie is having a solid season. He is finally getting some chances at getting to the QB. I can only remember once where he was burned in coverage. Now he isn't an All Pro, but he isn't the worst MLB in the NFL.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
bbgun;2416434 said:
Bradie has a number of good to great games under his belt. I could name 100 worse players before I got to him.

Yes, but do those 100 players have great grammar skills?

30yrheel

Reaction score
all the inside lb's are terrible, james is playing because we don't have an alternative

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2416242 said:
He serves a very valuable purpose ... there always has to be one internet messageboard persona non-grata that you have to throw under the bus and blame for bringing everything down when your more popular players aren't as good as you would like to believe. We currently have Bradie James for defense and Patrick Crayton on offense as our resident dogs to kick when we're mad.

As it stands, Bradie's made two huge fans out of two head coaches, including one no-brainer Hall of Famer, who have over 60 years combined coaching linebackers in the NFL as their area of expertise and what they built their reputations on as assistants. That's beside being the leader of a team in college playing for a head coach who was a defensive coordinator in the NFL. So I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest he's doing something right.

Drop some names.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2416439 said:
I think Bradie is having a solid season. He is finally getting some chances at getting to the QB. I can only remember once where he was burned in coverage. Now he isn't an All Pro, but he isn't the worst MLB in the NFL.

Get with the program.

On this board you are either the BEST or the WORST player at your position.

Bradie isn't the best so he therefore is the WORST.

Only the moderately intelligent deal with gray areas like "good but not great player" or "solid contributor"

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Vintage;2416500 said:
Drop some names.

Zach Thomas for starters.

Wanna compare stats between Bradie and Zach? Zach has more tackles, which according to Wade Zach's position should always lead the team in tackles, but it's not a considerable difference. Meanwhile Bradie has more passes defensed and more sacks. But despite Zach's mediocre play, he's a messageboard and fan favorite, so when he says something in a team meeting there are numerous glowing articles written about it and we make post after post about how great it is.

And in previous years Bradie was frequently blamed for the problems of a certain beloved safety who sold a lot of jerseys before people were ready to come to grips with the truth.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
hendog;2416136 said:
Bradie just isn't a very good football player. And he certainly is no leader. No way should he be the Captain of the D.

After this last loss to the skins when he said "it's no big deal. It's only one loss. We'll win the ones that count."

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME -- YOU IDIOT!

Listen, I know idiots. I know idiocy. As a member in good standing of the Fighting Idiots of Farmers Branch, I can vouch that Bradie is an IDIOT.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Nexx;2416151 said:
as much as i think bradie james is a very very average linebacker, not sure why there is so much crap is thrown at him by fans. yes he is very very average but he isnt the only problem, not sure why people single him out.

Well, Nexx, he is not only an average player but he talks a lot and celebrates waaaay too much after each average tackle.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
He has a sack in each of his last 3 games, WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE of a roster spot! LOL

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2416593 said:
He has a sack in each of his last 3 games, WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE of a roster spot! LOL
The-Simpsons---D-oh--Mini-Posters-71133.jpg