Hatcher has signed with Wash *4years $27.5 million*

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
you are full of crap about Gurode- he did not have 3 awful games a year. Not sure what you were watching but it was not the boys. And frankly making the calls is not that big a deal. He was a very good center for us for a number of years and your BS will not change that FACT.

When Gurode was playing I was reviewing each game. He was good for 2-4 HORRIFIC games a year. Inexplicably bad. Many times he would be run blocking when everybody else was pass blocking because...it was a passing play. And the center doesn't even know what the play call is. Or the times he would run upfield on the freeze draw when you're specifically not supposed to do that. Then there was the horrible shotgun snaps. When he was on, he could be incredibly effective, unless you had a team running a lot of stunts up the A-gap, he struggled to figure those out. It's tough having a center who was good for about 3 awful games a year since he touches the football every play. Gurode was more or less better than the alternatives...Al Johnson and Phil Costa.

YR

sideon

Reaction score
When Gurode was playing I was reviewing each game. He was good for 2-4 HORRIFIC games a year. Inexplicably bad. Many times he would be run blocking when everybody else was pass blocking because...it was a passing play. And the center doesn't even know what the play call is. Or the times he would run upfield on the freeze draw when you're specifically not supposed to do that. Then there was the horrible shotgun snaps. When he was on, he could be incredibly effective, unless you had a team running a lot of stunts up the A-gap, he struggled to figure those out. It's tough having a center who was good for about 3 awful games a year since he touches the football every play. Gurode was more or less better than the alternatives...Al Johnson and Phil Costa.

YR

If i may jump in here. You're both right Gurode was good for at least 2 bad games but that was at the tail end of his career, however before that he was a pro bowl C for us and he was good to great for more years than he was bad.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Who said I wanted Ware to be overpaid? Seriously? I've stated that we shouldn't sign him with that big of a contract. You seriously need to read my other postings before you judge where Im coming from.
So how did the Cowboys handle Ware's situation poorly? Nevermind. Agendas run rampid. Carry on my friend.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Exaclty as I thought. Very easily cuttable deal after 2 years

You know what? Us Cowboys fans actually love you Commanders. We love it when you take our old worn out players off out hands. lol I mean, how closer can you get to being like the Cowboys!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Hatcher played angry last year and he played for a big money deal. Now that he feels loved, feels compensated, and is back to playing end in a 3-4, he's going to be a four or five sack per year player again.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Really not a killer deal, but never a fan of signing ex cowboys :(

Why, you guys do it all the time! Just think about how many x-Cowboys you Commanders sign. And, it's not only x-Cowboys players...old other players from other teams sign with your team all the time! lol It's like going to the bank to cash your last paycheck.

But, on the flip side of the coin, some Cowboys fans cry and vetch and moan about trying to sign anyone...all those wanna be GM's think that whatever the Cowboys do, they can do better. They know how to handle the salary cap, they know all the good players, they know what it takes to build a football team, they know everything and anything about how to build a football team, yet..they don't know a friggen thing. lol

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
You know what? Us Cowboys fans actually love you Commanders. We love it when you take our old worn out players off out hands. lol I mean, how closer can you get to being like the Cowboys!

And if he had signed with Dallas, I have to wonder, from your perspective of happiness and joy, what you would have said about him then. The first time he slam dunks Romo for a loss, it would be priceless to see your reaction, and then reflect on your old worn out label.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
So how did the Cowboys handle Ware's situation poorly? Nevermind. Agendas run rampid. Carry on my friend.

Agenda as in what? Not trusting Jerry to do the right thing being a GM? All I can say is 17 years and waiting.......

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
And if he had signed with Dallas, I have to wonder, from your perspective of happiness and joy, what you would have said about him then. The first time he slam dunks Romo for a loss, it would be priceless to see your reaction, and then reflect on your old worn out label.

I'm glad he is gone, along with Ware, Ratliff, hopefully Spencer. I like the culture change as much as anything.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm glad he is gone, along with Ware, Ratliff, hopefully Spencer. I like the culture change as much as anything.

Walk-ons have always thrilled me too.

I think that is an untended field of prosper, the player no one wants.

Just sign them, Jerry.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Hatcher played angry last year and he played for a big money deal. Now that he feels loved, feels compensated, and is back to playing end in a 3-4, he's going to be a four or five sack per year player again.

Culture change? In Dallas? Sorry but I don't see it.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

Sloppy 2nd's?

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
If the Cowboys re-signed Hatcher at that price, you know fans of the NFC East would be like "hahaha look at the Cowboys, overpaying for a player over 30".

The Skins did overpay.

1.) I think it had to do with the Skins missing out on a lot of our other targets early on (Mike Mitchell, Talib; others).
2.) Signing a player from one of our rivals - Hatcher likely doesn't sign with the Skins without it "blowing him out of the water" as he said.

Skins fans were going ape****, because Bruce Allen likes to shop at K-Mart. Our first two targets was a special teams player, and a guard that no one had ever heard of.

The Skins have a horrible secondary, so plan B is likely to load up on defensive lineman and pass rushers.

My question to Cowboys fans, why did it take Hatcher so long to get going? Is there a lot of "wear and tear" on the guy?