Hatcher has signed with Wash *4years $27.5 million*

Hoofbite

Reaction score
$10.5M guaranteed. About a million less than what Dallas wasted on Spencer last year.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
Dallas played a 3-4 1-gap under Wade. I think Hatcher was very good once Rob Ryan came in and started him. But, he's a far better 4-3 DT and he was easily paid twice as much as he would have gotten playing as a 3-4 DE in any scheme.

I've never been impressed with Haslett's defenses. Look at his track record, it's not that great.

YR

I've never liked Jim Haslett either. He's never really been more than an average defensive coordinator at best.
Knowing how things work with the Skins, he'll somehow do well next year, get a long term contract, and Jay Gruden will forget everything he knows about offensive football.

One thing I will say, the 3-4 / 4-3 thing, does it matter us much, if we'll mainly be using him on 3rd down, in 4 man sets?
When he played in the 3-4, did the Cowboys ever use him in 4 man sets in passing situations? The Skins have signed so many defensive lineman I think he's going to be in a rotation.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You must have missed what happened earlir this week. We felt the earth shake clear up here in Kansas when the news broke.

Hope no one got hurt. I'll gladly donate money to the red cross though if something exciting happens during FA in Dallas.....

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If the Cowboys re-signed Hatcher at that price, you know fans of the NFC East would be like "hahaha look at the Cowboys, overpaying for a player over 30".

The Skins did overpay.

1.) I think it had to do with the Skins missing out on a lot of our other targets early on (Mike Mitchell, Talib; others).
2.) Signing a player from one of our rivals - Hatcher likely doesn't sign with the Skins without it "blowing him out of the water" as he said.

Skins fans were going ape****, because Bruce Allen likes to shop at K-Mart. Our first two targets was a special teams player, and a guard that no one had ever heard of.

The Skins have a horrible secondary, so plan B is likely to load up on defensive lineman and pass rushers.

My question to Cowboys fans, why did it take Hatcher so long to get going? Is there a lot of "wear and tear" on the guy?

Hatcher is a late bloomer. Also, playing during a contract year plus playing in a position that suites him (4-3) helps. I doubt you'll see him produce those numbers in a 3-4.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
Hatcher is a late bloomer. Also, playing during a contract year plus playing in a position that suites him (4-3) helps. I doubt you'll see him produce those numbers in a 3-4.

He won't produce double digit sacks,he needs to push the pocket and be a presence in the middle, to free up our outside pass rushers (Orakpo and Kerrigan). 3-4 defensive ends don't usually have great stats, but if there's no increase in sacks with the guys on the outside, then that'll be a problem.

RGIII

Reaction score
I'm glad he is gone, along with Ware, Ratliff, hopefully Spencer. I like the culture change as much as anything.

So you like having nobody starting on your defensive line? Hey, I'm loving the culture change just as much as you are.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So much for winning being important.

Hope you're referring to the Skins, but given your background my guess is you wanted Dallas to actually pay that crazy amount.
Not sure though.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
It's a good thing, because for that scratch he will be an epic failure in your scheme. Count on it.

Please elaborate, how will he be a failure in our scheme? What specifically, will the Commanders do that does not play to his strengths?