Hate of Dak on this board is very ESPN like!

Hadenough

Reaction score
If you want to win a championship than the problem are obvious. Since Mahomes or Burrows arent walking through that door then its really simple.

D needs to be a little better and we need a great run game. Which means improving the Oline, getting new backs in here and another talented weapon or two in the passing game.

NO reason that Hurts should have all of that and we cant. No one can tell me that Hurts is better than Mahomes, Allen, or Burrow. But right now he has the better team surrounding him. The guy has everything he could ever dream of. And coaching.

Niners have a great team as well, but in their case the QB's arent good enough.
Wow Dak needs a lot of help in your eyes. The funny thing is if we had Tua, or Geno Smith or even Kirk Cousins we win that game. That's not saying those QBs are great it's just how poor Dak played. I don't care if you assemble a pro bowl team across the board for Dak if he plays like he's been playing they will lose.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Wow Dak needs a lot of help in your eyes. The funny thing is if we had Tua, or Geno Smith or even Kirk Cousins we win that game. That's not saying those QBs are great it's just how poor Dak played. I don't care if you assemble a pro bowl team across the board for Dak if he plays like he's been playing they will lose.
Yep, it's the perspective that Dak is just a part of the team, when us more skeptical fans demand more from a QB who'll soon earn 21% of the CAP....surely it's not unrealistic to expect your QB to step up and lead/manage the team, especially as that's his calling card.

The problem that his fans wont accept, is that part of the 'management' (especially when he's not known for his arm) is that HE has to find the open receiver, a QB with a better arm can occasionally miss that open receiver as they can make up for it with an unworldly pass on the next down......Dak dosnt have that so he needs to find and hit nearly every open receiver.

Hadenough

Reaction score
All the other QBs in the playoffs when pushed out of thier comfort zone find ways to hang In there and eventually make plays. When Dak is pushed out of his comfort zone he is incapable of speeding up his progressions or making some accurate throws and suddenly coaches are fired, fingers are pointed to every part of that team but him. This idea that you can add players around him to make him better has not worked. The Cowboys need to let his contract run out and in the meantime draft a QB.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hit dog holler. I call our frauds and the biggest one on the site shows up. Like clockwork lol.
Oh boy. You got me. How you saw right through me....incredible!

Nice deflection. That tactic looks good on ya. Don't address the comment then throw out immature insults. Solid 7 maybe 7.5.

The real frauds are those that accuse others while doing the exact same thing themselves.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh boy. You got me. How you saw right through me....incredible!

Nice deflection. That tactic looks good on ya. Don't address the comment then throw out immature insults. Solid 7 maybe 7.5.

The real frauds are those that accuse others while doing the exact same thing themselves.
Hit. Dog. Holler. I call our frauds and it’s like the bat signal for Batman the frauds just show up…amazing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All points will try again I don’t disagree but I don’t think our talent is anywhere near San Francisco and certainly not the Eagles. They put their money in the trenches and we have to
sure, they have slight edge but its a lot closer than our own fans believe, its who you play and when you play them that gives another team and advantage and if you look at the eagle's games all season and then in the playoffs, they had some sports luck that helped them have an easier path while we had to overcome so much adversity. we were 4-1 without dak and they were 0-2 without hurts, apparently the trenches seem to be a non-factor. they were shaky down the stretch and got a lot of lucky bounces. See purdy going down, then the other qb going down and the white catch was not a catch and somehow no one reviews it that luck..

ill agree they have the slightest of edges and are better but not the gap being insinuated around these parts,

Acceptablename

Reaction score
sure, they have slight edge but its a lot closer than our own fans believe, its who you play and when you play them that gives another team and advantage and if you look at the eagle's games all season and then in the playoffs, they had some sports luck that helped them have an easier path while we had to overcome so much adversity. we were 4-1 without dak and they were 0-2 without hurts, apparently the trenches seem to be a non-factor. they were shaky down the stretch and got a lot of lucky bounces. See purdy going down, then the other qb going down and the white catch was not a catch and somehow no one reviews it that luck..

ill agree they have the slightest of edges and are better but not the gap being insinuated around these parts,
For future worry they still have draft picks like two first rounds in this year‘s draft. They’re going to be Formidable

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You totally miss the point.....it's not necessarily about which QB, it's that Dak shows repeatedly that he cant sustain top level play enough to win a SB. At some point we need to admit that whilst he can be brilliant (eg Bucc's) the next week he's just as likely crumble when things start going wrong (49'ers).

Yes every QB loses, but for me it's the way that Dak isnt able to step up to face adversity, indeed, he appears to panic and crumble (including trying to make throws that arent there is a part of this, hence the INT's) and that's not winning a SB as things are going to go wrong in the play-offs

We win by creating the team and fitting a QB into that scheme and into a talented Offense.....just as in 2016 (albeit the CAP concerns paying Romo and Dez, which is why we cant throw good money after bad).
again, we know Dak is limited, inconcsistent and we can argue the what's until the cows come home. and yes, we need better QB play. but I am not focusing on just pointing fingers problem finding and clicking my heels three times wishing we had Mahomes.

what's the solution? there are two options. improve enough and get over the hump. or destroy all, go for top 5 pick and hope we find the right QB and even that's not gauranteed.

so what's the point of keep arguing about Dak sucks dak sucks dak sucks. or is that your point and all you want to say?

which brings us to one point. Jerry. he hasn't put the right team, system and coaches in place. Philly did it, with Hurts and please don't argue that Hurts is elite. he has a lot of support. SF made it to CCG with their 3rd string QB, not an argument about purdy is better than dak, but the fact that they were able to continue to win with their 3rd string QB and Purdy ain't the second coming of Brady.

so what's your point? what do you think we should do? how is that going to get us closer to a superbowl?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak 4 out of 6 years with playoff appearances and not one losing season when healthy anyone let that register before they post 17 threads on Daks the issue. B2B 12 win seasons with playoff berths, a road win, finally beat brady, and somehow won on grass.

that's some of the best years weve had since the 90s..

61-36 as starter

61-36-0
Cmp%
Yds
Y/A
TD
Int

Dak sux, its clear form all those facts i posted. we should move on because its easy to replace that type of career at qb.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My bad it was Geno Smith that put up 23 against SF. But hey Bridgewater owns Dak head to head.
owns? does Dak play defense? or does Bridgewater play defense?

I guess given the backwards logic , then at this point, given the last game played, Dak owns Brady, Purdy Owns Dak, Hurts Owns Purdy, Dak owns Herbert, Wentz owns Hurts, and on and on with the stupid logic

but I get it, you want to knock Dak any which way possible. at least be smart about it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak 4 out of 6 years with playoff appearances and not one losing season when healthy anyone let that register before they post 17 threads on Daks the issue. B2B 12 win seasons with playoff berths, a road win, finally beat brady, and somehow won on grass.

that's some of the best years weve had since the 90s..

61-36 as starter

61-36-0
Cmp%
Yds
Y/A
TD
Int

Dak sux, its clear form all those facts i posted. we should move on because its easy to replace that type of career at qb.
Irrelevant when winning seasons don't at least get you to a Championship.
The reason there are so many Dak threads are because there are still fans who believe in rinse and repeat without facing up to the realisation that its not achieving the ultimate.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Irrelevant when winning seasons don't at least get you to a Championship.
The reason there are so many Dak threads are because there are still fans who believe in rinse and repeat without facing up to the realisation that its not achieving the ultimate.
very relevant to TEAM Play. those stats are relevant to him being top 10 and a winner who like many qbs need help he did not get in the playoff games against the 9ers.sorry he cant over 14 penalties or mental and physical mistakes by the team AND coaches with no run game and shaky OL etc etc etc

NEXT

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
again, we know Dak is limited, inconcsistent and we can argue the what's until the cows come home. and yes, we need better QB play. but I am not focusing on just pointing fingers problem finding and clicking my heels three times wishing we had Mahomes.

what's the solution? there are two options. improve enough and get over the hump. or destroy all, go for top 5 pick and hope we find the right QB and even that's not gauranteed.

so what's the point of keep arguing about Dak sucks dak sucks dak sucks. or is that your point and all you want to say?

which brings us to one point. Jerry. he hasn't put the right team, system and coaches in place. Philly did it, with Hurts and please don't argue that Hurts is elite. he has a lot of support. SF made it to CCG with their 3rd string QB, not an argument about purdy is better than dak, but the fact that they were able to continue to win with their 3rd string QB and Purdy ain't the second coming of Brady.

so what's your point? what do you think we should do? how is that going to get us closer to a superbowl?
Getting over your 'hump' means going all-in, however, I don't think Daks the QB is the consistent QB to lead that all-in roster.
Stafford lead the Rams when his CAP was just $13.5m.....Dak on $49m, I don't think so.

Hadenough

Reaction score
owns? does Dak play defense? or does Bridgewater play defense?

I guess given the backwards logic , then at this point, given the last game played, Dak owns Brady, Purdy Owns Dak, Hurts Owns Purdy, Dak owns Herbert, Wentz owns Hurts, and on and on with the stupid logic

but I get it, you want to knock Dak any which way possible. at least be smart about it.
Uhhh not backward knowledge but each time Dak has faced a Bridgewater led team he has lost. And same with Brady. Dak got the last one but yourt mindedness forgot Brady has never lost to Dak before that last game. Yeah they don't actually play against each other but it's a nice way of putting things without saying Dak sucks outside the NFC east and especially important games. You have to remember people on here have been touting Dak as a top 10 QB and than there have also been some insane people comparing him to Mahomes. So the standard for him has been held high.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
very relevant to TEAM Play. those stats are relevant to him being top 10 and a winner who like many qbs need help he did not get in the playoff games against the 9ers.sorry he cant over 14 penalties or mental and physical mistakes by the team AND coaches with no run game and shaky OL etc etc etc

NEXT
Irrelevant winning regular season games for us to fail in the play-offs.
Your criticisms of EVERY other aspect of the offense indicates we aren't close to outright success....so stop throwing money in the same direction as Dak's $49m.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Getting over your 'hump' means going all-in, however, I don't think Daks the QB is the consistent QB to lead that all-in roster.
Stafford lead the Rams when his CAP was just $13.5m.....Dak on $49m, I don't think so.
ok, is there a stafford out there to get? again, you said look at what they did. and I don't like Dak.

Dak's cap hit in 2021 was 17M. in 2022 was 19M.....

so you are comparing the future with the past, when we just went through two years and didn't get over the hump.

btw, cowboys are bottom 5 in cash spending in the league. year in . year out bottom 3rd.

we are the most hyped. but the old Cinci bengals who refused to spend money to succeed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Uhhh not backward knowledge but each time Dak has faced a Bridgewater led team he has lost. And same with Brady. Dak got the last one but yourt mindedness forgot Brady has never lost to Dak before that last game. Yeah they don't actually play against each other but it's a nice way of putting things without saying Dak sucks outside the NFC east and especially important games. You have to remember people on here have been touting Dak as a top 10 QB and than there have also been some insane people comparing him to Mahomes. So the standard for him has been held high.
oh, Bridgewater, the same guy who is bouncing around the league. and every time we faced Herbert we beat him. everytime dak faced cousins, he beat him.

totally meaningless argument. but its one the fans love to argue about. it fuels their emotions and leads to 38 page arguments.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Irrelevant winning regular season games for us to fail in the play-offs.
Your criticisms of EVERY other aspect of the offense indicates we aren't close to outright success....so stop throwing money in the same direction as Dak's $49m.
100% disagree its all relative and that deal is done and we have to let it play out..

you are gone off my feed, i dont do hardheaded obvious not clear headed enough to be real. you are a typical hater.. team lost those payoff games, many not even with dak on top 5 reason we lost..we have better qb then at least 20 other teams in the nfl and that not a debate, he may not be elite but you can WIN WITH HIM IF A TEAM SHOWS UP TO HELP.. no qb is winning without a Run game, better play calls, and skill players not making bone headed mistakes.

we saw many of those allegedly better qbs make the same mistakes OR worse this postseason and past ones.. team game

BYE/NEXT