Hate of Dak on this board is very ESPN like!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
ok, is there a stafford out there to get? again, you said look at what they did. and I don't like Dak.

Dak's cap hit in 2021 was 17M. in 2022 was 19M.....

so you are comparing the future with the past, when we just went through two years and didn't get over the hump.

btw, cowboys are bottom 5 in cash spending in the league. year in . year out bottom 3rd.

we are the most hyped. but the old Cinci bengals who refused to spend money to succeed.
But it's you that's saying we need to build around Dak, we couldnt do that when he got ^^^^ so we arent going to be able to when he's getting $49m.

.....and no the issue with our spending isnt that we dont spend it's that our CAP is being spent continually paying Dead Money, or we're restructuring CAP into the future.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
100% disagree its all relative and that deal is done and we have to let it play out..

you are gone off my feed, i dont do hardheaded obvious not clear headed enough to be real. you are a typical hater.. team lost those payoff games, many not even with dak on top 5 reason we lost..we have better qb then at least 20 other teams in the nfl and that not a debate, he may not be elite but you can WIN WITH HIM IF A TEAM SHOWS UP TO HELP.. no qb is winning without a Run game, better play calls, and skill players not making bone headed mistakes.

we saw many of those allegedly better qbs make the same mistakes OR worse this postseason and past ones.. team game

BYE/NEXT
Can certainly beat lesser teams, no argument there....maybe we can add playing decent teams as another excuse for Dak not getting us through the play-offs.
mental and physical mistakes by the team AND coaches with no run game and shaky OL etc etc etc
Your points relating to the offensive deficiencies don't support continuing with Dak, indeed, it's tantamount to saying this Offense is broken ....coaching gone this year and CAP/DRAFT spent on the running game (poss WR), if that doesnt work in 2023, he's gone June 1st with a $34m saving.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But it's you that's saying we need to build around Dak, we couldnt do that when he got ^^^^ so we arent going to be able to when he's getting $49m.

.....and no the issue with our spending isnt that we dont spend it's that our CAP is being spent continually paying Dead Money, or we're restructuring CAP into the future.
I said we should have built better and we didn't, we went part of the way and not commit.. we have a QB that's limited according to 99% of people on this board. a QB that's not elite. yet, we expect him to step up and when he doesn't because he is not skilled enough to do it, then everyone complains that he couldn't play elite...well duh, color me surprised.

Hurts is limited and Philly put a strong team around him. Purdy was a 3rd stringer and his coaches and team helped him succeed. even Grapolo was limited but had strong support and right team around him.

the point is you mentioned 49M cap hit. what I said was we had 17M and 19M cap hit and didn't have a good enough team. not the right system. and we failed. you can't tell me we had everything we needed in order to succeed. we didn't. including Dak. ....if we had Brady or Rodgers or Burrow, or Mahomes, yes, we had a team to perhaps make it. but we didn't have those. find me one of those. is there one in FA we can sign? is there one that we can trade for? who do you have?

so what's your solution? dump Dak? ok, lets do that. tell me how you are going to make this team better if that's your plan......

and we are bottom 5 in spending and signing FAs. we spent 7.5M on FAs that were not on the team this year, and signed craap. we needed a DT badly. we signed none. we traded Cooper for peanuts and signed Washington...woo hoo.

so the choices are either Dump Dak, let Rush start, sink to the bottom and draft in top 5 and hope we find a QB and then hope he is Elite and can elevate everyone.
or try and build around Dak (and still draft a QB and groom).

take your pick.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I said we should have built better and we didn't, we went part of the way and not commit.. we have a QB that's limited according to 99% of people on this board. a QB that's not elite. yet, we expect him to step up and when he doesn't because he is not skilled enough to do it, then everyone complains that he couldn't play elite...well duh, color me surprised.

Hurts is limited and Philly put a strong team around him. Purdy was a 3rd stringer and his coaches and team helped him succeed. even Grapolo was limited but had strong support and right team around him.

the point is you mentioned 49M cap hit. what I said was we had 17M and 19M cap hit and didn't have a good enough team. not the right system. and we failed. you can't tell me we had everything we needed in order to succeed. we didn't. including Dak. ....if we had Brady or Rodgers or Burrow, or Mahomes, yes, we had a team to perhaps make it. but we didn't have those. find me one of those. is there one in FA we can sign? is there one that we can trade for? who do you have?

so what's your solution? dump Dak? ok, lets do that. tell me how you are going to make this team better if that's your plan......

and we are bottom 5 in spending and signing FAs. we spent 7.5M on FAs that were not on the team this year, and signed craap. we needed a DT badly. we signed none. we traded Cooper for peanuts and signed Washington...woo hoo.

so the choices are either Dump Dak, let Rush start, sink to the bottom and draft in top 5 and hope we find a QB and then hope he is Elite and can elevate everyone.

take your pick.
I'm dumping Dak and continue building this team and draft a QB. But there is too much guaranteed money owed to Dak so let the clown play out his contract and give him even less of an offensive line and see how he likes it. That ** wanted big money so let him carry the team.

Dre11

Reaction score
The Boys didn't control their destiny at this point. That win had no consequence.

We can't forget about Panthers or Packers games. Tell me how Dak showed up there...those loses encapsulate what this team is AND Dak made huge , game changing errs
The game had consequences, they were still chasing the Eagles , whybwoukdnt it have consequences....lol

Reaction score
The game had consequences, they were still chasing the Eagles , whybwoukdnt it have consequences....lol
missing the forest for the trees

Dak is a very good QB but not elite. IMO he will not get us a ring. Hope I'm wrong but don't think so. If you want to count a win against a team with their backup QB as something inspirational, we have different standards and expectations

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

take your pick.
The CAP HELL was real, part of that is Jerry's overpayment of 'OUR GUY's'. It may surprise you, but the Cowboys had most costly Offense in the NFL in 2022, with Zeke and Zack highest paid in their position, Schultz and Tyron both 4th and even Dak was 8th highest QB.
By cutting trading of La'el, Amari and the luck that Gregory didnt sign we've somewhat improved the CAP outlook.

Another consideration on the CAP, which is somewhat overlooked, is that trading your no.1 picks means you're getting one less player on a Rookie deal....Coop cost us about 40m over replacement rookie draftee over the course of the 5 years. On it's own that's manageable, but youre adding it to a number of high paid individuals then it's mounting up.

Dre11

Reaction score
missing the forest for the trees

Dak is a very good QB but not elite. IMO he will not get us a ring. Hope I'm wrong but don't think so. If you want to count a win against a team with their backup QB as something inspirational, we have different standards and expectations
You standing in an empty field, your idea of a game of consequences is way off

Whyjerry

Reaction score
People on this board need to stop whining about Dak Prescott, he isn't as bad as many believe and not going anywhere in the near future. He is our QB and we need to support him, not kill him over everything wrong with the franchise:

-I can go back into the summer posts, where nobody had high expectations for this offense. Many thought with the loss of Cooper, Gallup not going to be ready, this team was going to be lucky to win 8 games. They won 12 games again, with lesser talent, Tyron missing most of the season and Dak out 5 games.

-Dak missed 5 games due to breaking his thumb, when he returned, the offense averaged over 30 points a game, #1 in 3rd down conversion and one of the league leaders in red zone efficiency. Outside of the Washington game, the team just lost 2 OT games on the road, in which the defense blew 2nd half double digits leads. Did Dak play perfect games and protect the football, no, but his offense wasn't the only reason why they lost.

-Lamb finally played like a true #1 receiver down the stretch, but Noah Brown was our next best receiver, yes, Noah Brown the special teamer. If I would of told anybody that Noah Brown was going to be the #2 receiver at the start of the year, everyone would of said they have no chance. Gallup was a complete disaster this season post injury, Tolbert was a bust and Washington was even worse. They were forced to sign a retired 33 year old receiver that was sitting on his couch. Their receiving core was the 2nd worse within the playoff teams.

-Where was the team's strong running game? Don't even need to go into Zeke's production as we all know his time is up, but the run game totally disappeared when Steele went down with an injury. This was a major issue heading into this year's postseason, believe they averaged less then 3 yards against the 49ers in their loss. Both backs could do nothing on the ground. There is a reason why the OL coach, RB was just fired.

-Dak just faced the 49ers defense, which was the best in the entire league. No running game, he was asked to read a defense in which they had 7-8 in coverage with 1 legitimate receiver. On top of this, a scheme that Steve Young stated prior to the game was the most basic, easiest to defend. Now you same fans are changing the goal posts and says Moore is Dak's scapegoat for his poor play.

-People need to accept the fact, the 49ers were the better team, period.

-If you want to blame anybody, it should be more towards the front office. They put together a less talented group and expected better results. They are now forced to upgrade the talent and the staff had no choice but to change their scheme. No doubt Dak has to play better and protect the football, but he needs some support to be successful. Josh Allen scores 10 points at home and gets a pass, but Dak scores 12 on the road against the best defense and it's all his fault.
Thanks for this.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The CAP HELL was real, part of that is Jerry's overpayment of 'OUR GUY's'. It may surprise you, but the Cowboys had most costly Offense in the NFL in 2022, with Zeke and Zack highest paid in their position, Schultz and Tyron both 4th and even Dak was 8th highest QB.
By cutting trading of La'el, Amari and the luck that Gregory didnt sign we've somewhat improved the CAP outlook.

Another consideration on the CAP, which is somewhat overlooked, is that trading your no.1 picks means you're getting one less player on a Rookie deal....Coop cost us about 40m over replacement rookie draftee over the course of the 5 years. On it's own that's manageable, but youre adding it to a number of high paid individuals then it's mounting up.
hey, you are not going to hear me argue about Jerry mismanaging the cap. barely spending on defense and paying players like Zeke before they were due for a new contract. and then giving away Amari after handing out a large contract.

Jerry is stupid.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm dumping Dak and continue building this team and draft a QB. But there is too much guaranteed money owed to Dak so let the clown play out his contract and give him even less of an offensive line and see how he likes it. That ** wanted big money so let him carry the team.
what!!! you sound vengeful because Dak is not good. its not his fault he is not good. he is what he is, and you want revenge? no one forced Jerry to hand out a contract. no one forced jerry not to draft a QB.

seriously dude you have issues....

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
what!!! you sound vengeful because Dak is not good. its not his fault he is not good. he is what he is
Agree, but that's the crux of the matter. Whilst he's on his Rookie deal or the $17m/$19m range ^^^^ is fine, so long as there's the Offense around him that he can manage. When he starts earning $49m the question then becomes, can he raise his game to overcome the loss of CAP space on the players around him. The 49ers games brings into stark reality that he can't do that on a CONSISTENT enough to win it all.

How many teams have won the SB (with a QB earning in the top 10 for the position that year) only 3 in 10 years, of those No SB team paid their QB in Top5 for the position. Teams just dont win SB's whilst paying expensive QB's.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Agree, but that's the crux of the matter. Whilst he's on his Rookie deal or the $17m/$19m range ^^^^ is fine, so long as there's the Offense around him that he can manage. When he starts earning $49m the question then becomes, can he raise his game to overcome the loss of CAP space on the players around him. The 49ers games brings into stark reality that he can't do that on a CONSISTENT enough to win it all.

How many teams have won the SB (with a QB earning in the top 10 for the position that year) only 3 in 10 years, of those No SB team paid their QB in Top5 for the position. Teams just dont win SB's whilst paying expensive QB's.
oh, no question. there are several matters to consider. Jerry screwing up the contract. but then again Dak is not the only contract he has screwed up, the list long and sad.

then there is the matter of having had the past two years, with cap hit manageable and reasonable and yet he failed in putting the right team and coaching staff together.

now he has to deal with a contract that he intentionally backloaded after having had opportunity to have the contract around 27-30M if he negotiated properly and not drag his feet, and corner himself.

so our choices are to dump, take a big hit, sign street FAs at minimum veteran values. have rush start. get a top 5 pick and hope we get a QB in top 5 that's good (and not a mayfield, or turbiskey).

or extend the contract without adding to the contract value (pay the salary as bonus now and add couple of years to reduce cap hit). and then try to build something that is better than before, but then again larry and curly avoid signing FAs, adding the right resources, they like their guys and keep handing out large contracts instead of avoiding bad contracts, they suck at evaluating FA talent and how to pull a team together and thus we end up same place.

I don't think even an Elite QB can save this franchise, as then larry and curly will use that as an excuse to not sign the right FA. go cheap and just end up the same place, with an Elite QB having to carry the burden of the entire team and that doesn't work. all you have to do is look at GB. Rodgers has been elite for years and hasn't gotten over the hump in over 10 years. so Elite QB is not a guarantee success.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak didn't need to tear it up and play great.. He only needed to be a bus driver and make a few plays and Dallas could of won that game. Derek Carr put up 34 points and took the 49ers to overtime. If Dallas had Teddy Bridgewater the Cowboys might of won. He put up 23 points in the Seattle playoff loss. Dak put up 12. I know you can't really compare it like that but for all the hype that Dak gets for having a #1 offense he stinks when he plays a good defense. Just go back and look at Dak vs Denver.
Just say you don't watch football besides the Cowboys.

Derek Carr didn't play in that game.

Teddy Bridgewater is a Miami Dolphin.

So much for your NFL opinions ever being respectable.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

jsb357

Reaction score
They had a very soft schedule and didn't play many strong defenses this season. AFC South was the worst division and NFC North was just as bad.
Dallas played in what was the NFC least until this year.

Dak is simply becoming the Detroit version of Matt Stafford in an organization with more money and a higher profile.

Rayman70

Reaction score
just speaking for myself, its not hatred I feel. Its lack of trust I have in him. He's been here 7 years. Trust is a HUGE thing at QB. As far as BSPN, they are fake sports news. Nothing they say or do is taken seriously by me.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just say you don't watch football besides the Cowboys.

Derek Carr didn't play in that game.

Teddy Bridgewater is a Miami Dolphin.

So much for your NFL opinions ever being respectable.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
But you can't deny I have been right about Dak this whole time.:lmao:

Nav22

Reaction score
But you can't deny I have been right about Dak this whole time.:lmao:
Did you know that NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs believe Dak's a top 10 QB?

You know nothing about this sport. Absolutely nothing.

"DURRRR TEDDY BRIDGEWATER PLAYED SO WELL FOR SEATTLE THIS YEAR!!!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: