Hating on each other

Cmac

Reaction score
No one has said anything ugly to me, which I appreciate but I'm tired of reading posts where people are calling each other idiots, jock sniffers etc.

We're all upset, sad, depressed, angry and any other negative adjective you can imagine. It's taken me three long swim workouts to get my serotonin back up to a normal level and I'm still dejected as I face a weekend without a Cowboy game.

I'm a 63-year-old woman who can remember crying after the Ice Bowl game in 1967. I have had the privilege of enjoying all 5 Super Bowl rings but I never imagined I would find myself waiting more than a quarter century for another championship. I'm a committed baseball fan but I would surrender seeing one of my teams win the Series in my lifetime in favor of another Cowboy ring.

So let's rip into the coaches, the players, the ownership...By all means. But may I suggest that we be kind to one another?
Preach on that! Maybe the forum rules are just for a select few only. We can disagree with civility, or so I thought.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
No one has said anything ugly to me, which I appreciate but I'm tired of reading posts where people are calling each other idiots, jock sniffers etc.

We're all upset, sad, depressed, angry and any other negative adjective you can imagine. It's taken me three long swim workouts to get my serotonin back up to a normal level and I'm still dejected as I face a weekend without a Cowboy game.

I'm a 63-year-old woman who can remember crying after the Ice Bowl game in 1967. I have had the privilege of enjoying all 5 Super Bowl rings but I never imagined I would find myself waiting more than a quarter century for another championship. I'm a committed baseball fan but I would surrender seeing one of my teams win the Series in my lifetime in favor of another Cowboy ring.

So let's rip into the coaches, the players, the ownership...By all means. But may I suggest that we be kind to one another?

Post more often love the post. My dad before becoming a Preacher told me on the 1967 Ice Bowl (I was 3), that he betted for the boys to win that game and when he lost (never told me how much he lost) he has hated the boys since. But he is a stealers fan, so those early SB, he never said a word to me when they beat my boys with TB.

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
That SB loss to the Steelers in the 70s was really painful. The victory over them for the 5th ring was a joy. Emmett Smith blew open the run game, giving Troy an easy time in the pocket.

Sorry your dad lost money on the game.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most people on this forum are good ones. There are a few bad apples but that is how it is anywhere in life.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
If Dak nation would stop posting it would be a good forum. He is not gonna win you a ring. Get over it Dak army. He is just not an elite QB. Recognize that and the board will be a safer place.
Agreed somewhat
But can Tony town stop being revisionists and let it go too ??? He’s GONE!!!
Lol

plasticman

Reaction score
It's not the name calling that is the worse part of it. It's he lack of content that follows.

"I disagree with your opinion so you are an idiot."

I'm actually more upset at the fact that he didn't explain why he disagreed.

I learned later that this type of poster doesn't necessarily disagree, he just doesn't want to be shown the facts and forced to abandon his fantasy. He's is retaliating for having the truth shoved in his face.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The thing that frustrates me more than anything, off the field, are fans that constantly repeat the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Dak sucks - WE KNOW THIS
Jerry Sucks - WE KNOW THIS
MM Sucks - WE KNOW THIS
Moore stinks - WE KNOW THIS
Oline Stinks - WE KNOW THIS
DLine Sucks - WE KNOW THIS
This team sucks, this team sucks, this team sucks.
We don't need to hear it 10,000 times a day, it becomes trolling at that point.

What I'd like to see posts on, since I don't post myself since I suck at it, are solutions. Since we know all of the above, what are our realistic solutions to get better. Not something we know Jerry won't do, but something realistic.

plymkr

Reaction score

I appreciate this post and second this notion. We as Cowboys fans have enough to be angry about from the team. We don't need to take that anger out on each other. I'm going to try to make this a safe place and I hope others do the same. If there is anyone out there that I offended or being condescending too I apologize and am trying to be better.

black label

Reaction score
punch-you.gif

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm 59 years old and after being a Dallas Cowboys fan my whole life and living in the Philadelphia area this fan form is like Mr Rogers neighborhood in comparison to the abuse I have taken.

Occasionally you have to have a little thicker skin. But as a general rule this form is filled with good people many knowing quite a bit about football and if you ignore a few and pick your threads to speak in you can have a very intelligent football conversation.

That said you need to be here a while and learn who likes to really talk football as opposed to who likes to stir the pot and poke the bear.

Brax

Reaction score
I get you, but when they are ripping you in front of your wife and young daughter......it has to hurt......I personally went into the stands a embarrassed a couple of fans.....my dad taught me to protect my family.....and I did!
How did you never end up in jail for all these type actions you talk about, Man Texas must be a great state.