Have Jerry Jones And His Pride Cursed The Cowboys?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lol. I’m convinced you work for the corporation now. Jerry’s stance on putting Jimmy in the ROH should tell you everything you need to know about him and this curse.

Bet you Witten gets in before Jimmy. And that’s disgusting. But. Keep waving those Pom Poms
Being unrealistic and ignoring all but a personal itch in one's craw is hardly justification for non-stop insult.

Oh, you were another that doesn't bother to read and discuss presented themes on thread....woo hoo!

Suffer Baby!

Big_D

Reaction score
I wonder if the past 28 years will be known as "The curse of the Jones Family" similar to the infamous, Curse of the Bambino (the 86-year world series draught that followed the Red Sox after trading Babe Ruth)?

Jerry had every opportunity to control the narrative. He was fully in charge after Jimmy left and the decision making and football acumen were laughable at that point. That's not really a curse, just stupidity brought on by the man himself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s not a curse . Winning championships simply isn’t the biggest priority anymore.

Sure, Jethro wants to win more than anyone but not enough to totally get out of the way.

Remember winning back to back championships wasn’t enough with Jimmy.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
They aren't failing now. They are good. Enjoy it and you would have better mental health.
Yes, consistent team and hopefully improving , hope it is enough to get a championship, ( need a bit of luck though )

Go cowboys :flagwave:

blueblood70

Reaction score
:laugh: You don't think Jones overrides when he wants, you're fooling yourself. This is year 28.

Broadus said it a few weeks ago, he'd like to see what McClay could do without being chained to Jerry and Stephen. I think a lot of fans share that sentiment.
Mcclay could have quit years ago so not sure how you think hes chained contracts run out hes been here for what 10-15 years had been awarded with many promotions and raises..iroinic a fan believes hes knows the inner working of Mccalys mind as if what hes a kidnap victim with Stockholm syndrome and not allowed to leave or cant for some mental reason.

jeez this pace gets less valid and more comical daily.. Mcclay seems happy, how do i know hes stayed for a very ,long
time.

Dallas Cowboys (Director of Football Research) (2011–2013) Dallas Cowboys (Assistant Director of Player Personnel) (2014) Dallas Cowboys (Senior Director of Pro/College Scouting) (2015–2016) Dallas Cowboys (Vice President of Player Personnel) (2017–present)

WM is the Sudo GM and hasnt hinted he wants to leave

Imagine reality..

what next , DQ was blackmailed forced to stay , irony he also seems very happy with jerry, see how they interact.. the DC organization on whole has over 750 employees with more upper management., cant rember one instance where the ones that leave have made any statements that Jerry was hard to work for or held them back. Moore stayed until he was fired, had chances to leave..

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry had every opportunity to control the narrative. He was fully in charge after Jimmy left and the decision making and football acumen were laughable at that point. That's not really a curse, just stupidity brought on by the man himself.
Yep but he’s not stupid. It’s just more important for him to play out his own football fantasy than winning with someone else .

He couldn’t stand Jimmy getting all of the credit and being the Face of his franchise . What other owner has an ego battle with their back to back Super Bowl championship HC?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wonder if the past 28 years will be known as "The curse of the Jones Family" similar to the infamous, Curse of the Bambino (the 86-year world series draught that followed the Red Sox after trading Babe Ruth)?
So tell me how the Kansas City Chiefs were cursed what because they left Dallas I mean it took them 51 years between their. Super Bowl appearances and wins how about the 60 years it took the Eagles to win one Super Bowl I mean why are the Cincinnati Bengals cursed they don't even have a Super Bowl win how about all the teams that like the Texans why are they cursed they haven't even been to an AFC championship game and neither the Houston Oilers or the Texans have ever won a Super Bowl ever so where are all these curses come from that's crazy I mean isn't it odd that we could go stay in the NFL not go to the NBA or Major League Baseball and find other droughts that are longer we could stay right in the NFL and try to figure out what was wrong with these franchises that they were cursed so much just come on people this is the biggest croc of cow dung ever is to say we're cursed if Jerry were cursed he wouldn't have all these top ten win percentage seasons or all these great drafts and some of these great players that have come through here we would be bottom dwellers like the Texans The Jets Washington the Browns the Bengals I mean you know at least 16 to 20 teams that are in far worse situations than us in the same time frame

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry’s a turd and he killed this franchise. I don’t care where he lands on the Forbes list or how much the team is worth. He’s been garbage for the most part of 30 years. He’s an incompetent boob. There are fans on here who could’ve hit the lottery, bought a football team and did a better job than this clown. Unfortunately we’re stuck with him and the rest of the Jones family, so there’s no relief in sight even after he’s gone!
You are full of it, ....turd, really?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
They can keep on with this ongoing Jerry ... Jerry ...Jerry finger pointing... but it's about his son Stephen and McClay who i believe are the true team operators
and responsible direction of the team.

I believe Jerry(and McCarthy) just officially signs off of their recommendations per NFL draft, per trades ..per Free agency.. per re-signing priority of core players

If a Zeke Elliott returns and comes back, that would be more about Stephen, McClay and MCCarthy signing in .. than it being an exclusive Jerry move.
Those heart felt love dayz when the personal favorites stuck around are gone ... the Dez Bryant, ..Jason Witten.. .Tony Romo ... etc.
Yes true, but where Jerry messes up is the culture of the team and obviously his ego and wanting to be acknowledged as a "football guy"

Thats what led him to hold on to Garrett as long as he did.

That and I really dont think he that knowledgeable about the game - just take a look at the drafts between Jimmy and Bill...its scary bad.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We were done at
"everything from jocks to socks"
Initially thought he basically let Jimmy make Personnel decisions building the team . Jethro just rubber stamped everything and pursued the moves Jimmy wanted which was great support. Just what we needed .

It wasn’t until Jimmy got all of the credit for winning back to back Super Bowls that Jethro became jealous as he wasn’t the Face of his franchise .

It was our first example that winning wasn’t enough.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yep but he’s not stupid. It’s just more important for him to play out his own football fantasy than winning with someone else .

He couldn’t stand Jimmy getting all of the credit and being the Face of his franchise . What other owner has an ego battle with their back to back Super Bowl championship HC?

He may not be stupid but he played the part pretty well.

rambo2

Reaction score
It’s not a curse . Winning championships simply isn’t the biggest priority anymore.

Sure, Jethro wants to win more than anyone but not enough to totally get out of the way.

Remember winning back to back championships wasn’t enough with Jimmy.
It will be so sweet if they win back to back now. The winning will be sweet and it will be fun to watch the 27 years club in here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He may not be stupid but he played the part pretty well.
He’s actually been brilliant. He’s been able to sue the NFL in order to place the revenue above the need for success on the field .

And he continues selling his product so fans stay engulfed without more success . All so he can continue his passion of being a football guy without it hurting the revenue stream.

His only concern was keeping the fans spending money and showing up. In the end it’s the fans who are stupid for sending him the wrong message . We should have made him suffer as we have this era.