Have we figured out why the Cowboys came out so flat against GB yet?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Did they feel they were going to not have to play hard, did they overlook them? I struggle to think what was the week of game prep like, what was the pre-game thoughts of this team? Like "let's not go too hard, let's save all of our energy for the next game, after we beat up on GB?" I just don't get how you can come out with no fire in a HUGE game such as this! Please give your thoughts if you can offer some sort of explanation for this!
They have a track history with McCarthy....the bigger the game...the flatter they come out...the more conservative they play....not to lose. Then consider Packers came in hot....I 'm not shocked we got beat....I am just surprised we played as soft as we did on defense. Quinn did the same thing vs SF....CBs way off ....soft zone...like they were just rolling over ...playing dead. Sadly....I think it's just gonna get worse under Zimmer...Minnesota ran him out of town because of the bend but don't break philosophy...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Most of this is good, but I have to disagree that the offense was ok. Really? They really started clicking when GB called off the dogs, other than that, they were no better than the defense.

The offense was supposed to be the best unit on this team, and they, along with the defense were absolutely pathetic.
we certainly weren't a well-oiled machine that day. Your right. GB was largely why. We seemed to lack a cohesive plan. DQ was crappy **. It looked like sabotage from within the staff and certain players.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They have a track history with McCarthy....the bigger the game...the flatter they come out...the more conservative they play....not to lose. Then consider Packers came in hot....I 'm not shocked we got beat....I am just surprised we played as soft as we did on defense. Quinn did the same thing vs SF....CBs way off ....soft zone...like they were just rolling over ...playing dead. Sadly....I think it's just gonna get worse under Zimmer...Minnesota ran him out of town because of the bend but don't break philosophy...
same with Garrett when he was here. Its culture. Until we remove the salesmanship and hype, this will continue. Football must be separated. The 2 cannot coexist in the post season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
we certainly weren't a well-oiled machine that day. Your right. GB was largely why. We seemed to lack a cohesive plan. DQ was crappy **. It looked like sabotage from within the staff and certain players.
We were extremely balanced in the GB game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Finesse team. Can't respond to getting punched in the mouth.

Only player Ferguson. Need a minimum of 10 more before we will be competitive in the playoffs.
I wanna build around Fergie and Ceedee, but everyone else is fair game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Very simple there is an ultimately poor culture here that has been allowed to perpetuate itself.

This culture rears its ugly head at the most important times.

It includes soft coddled prima donna players and retread coaches that are unable to prepare a team for big moments it's that simple.
We have plenty of talent it's not focused it's not disciplined it's not prepared and it's not used properly.
Our best talent is continually out coached in Big moments

Chasing6

Reaction score
Very simple there is an ultimately poor culture here that has been allowed to perpetuate itself.

This culture rears its ugly head at the most important times.

It includes soft coddled prima donna players and retread coaches that are unable to prepare a team for big moments it's that simple.
We have plenty of talent it's not focused it's not disciplined it's not prepared and it's not used properly.
Our best talent is continually out coached in Big moments
Well do the Coaches have to get their game plan approved by GM Jethro?

If McCarthy states his number 1 priority at the end of last year was to fix the run game, why did we do absolutely nothing to fix the run game?

Coaches don't make decisions in Dallas.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finesse team. Can't respond to getting punched in the mouth.

Only player Ferguson. Need a minimum of 10 more before we will be competitive in the playoffs.
Ferguson. maybe Anger and Aubrey...will choke you out. The rest? Open their throat for the cutting.

raven55

Reaction score
remember they like the guys they have. They like them so much there buying tickets to other teams looks like a express flight out of dallas

Buzzbait

Reaction score
100% I don't get why people keep using the Run Def as to why we lost. You don't win when your QB spots the other team points.
Neither do you win when the defense stays home. And it wasn't just the run defense, it was also the pass defense. Their receivers were getting WIDE open. Add that to the worthless run defense to compliment Dak's failures and you'll have an accurate description of why we got murdered in that game. A loss that bad requires teamwork. From top to bottom.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Defense, I suspect the players got wind of Quinn leaving (or wanting out) and felt sorry for themselves.

Offense, playoff Dak showed up.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Is it possible GB was just as good as the Cowboys. Maybe better? Especially when you look at the difference in coaching.

The records will show Dallas was much better. But they looked like two totally different teams down the stretch.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Did they feel they were going to not have to play hard, did they overlook them? I struggle to think what was the week of game prep like, what was the pre-game thoughts of this team? Like "let's not go too hard, let's save all of our energy for the next game, after we beat up on GB?" I just don't get how you can come out with no fire in a HUGE game such as this! Please give your thoughts if you can offer some sort of explanation for this!
No explanation needed, just Cowboys doing Cowboys things.

Redline360

Reaction score
While the defense definitely didn't play great, Dak and the offense was also an epic letdown. Dak played a massive part in the swing of the game.

Gave them 14pts off his INTs
Took Dallas out of FG range since he never throws the ball away.

(IF) the defense holds out in the best case scenario it could have been 13-10 at halftime. Completely different game. But lets be real the way the defense was playing let's just assume GB scores one more time if there was no turnovers. Could have been 20-10 at worse.

Defense was getting beat up but did force a punt however when your offense can't get anything going and gives the other team 14pts and your constantly on the field.....Defense was gassed by half