Have we figured out why the Cowboys came out so flat against GB yet?

Chasing6

Reaction score
You keep saying that like it makes a difference. It doesn't. Spamming every thread it seems. The Cowboys were behind by 4 TD's and 2 due to the QB.

At that point it didn't matter what the defense did. The game was over. 6 drives, 7 drives, 8 drives, 12 drives....whatever. It just doesn't matter.
If it was 27-0 at half time and we scored 32 points with the defense continuing to play like crap. How do you figure?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Detroit and GB is the model we must follow. I think thats what we are seeing. It will take at least 2 years to do.

Rayman70

Reaction score
DQ is a hack. That’s your answer
oh he will get exposed soon enuff in DC. The media luv fest will then be over in 2 years time then he will get fired.None of the top tier QBs in this draft wow you.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Did they feel they were going to not have to play hard, did they overlook them? I struggle to think what was the week of game prep like, what was the pre-game thoughts of this team? Like "let's not go too hard, let's save all of our energy for the next game, after we beat up on GB?" I just don't get how you can come out with no fire in a HUGE game such as this! Please give your thoughts if you can offer some sort of explanation for this!
I think Green Bay is a lot better than what people thought.................they almost beat the 49ers the following week, they had a 21-14 lead at the start of the 4th quarter and lost by 3.

We were obviously not prepared for the game; I think the Cowboys thought Green Bay was an auto win.

Once the Packers took the opening kickoff and drove the length of the field to score a TD, our whole team was in state of shock and just never recovered.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well do you think McCarthy has the ability to hold people accountable?
All I think McCarthy has at this point is enough ability to momentarily keep his job if he had the ability to hold people accountable and wanted to win a super bowl he would have done it already.
The preparation for that Green Bay game was an absolute disgrace and inexcusable in my opinion.
The eagles imploded and gave us a tremendous opportunity that McCarthy squandered that opportunity is not coming back again for a while.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It's 2024 and we have a 1992 way of uploading pictures...........Yes, I would've uploaded a picture of Dak to answer the title.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They weren't flat at all. On D, we got overrun due to lack of size/talent. On O, our QB was terrible.
The second part where you mentioned the QB was terrible is a lie and you should never talk about him like that, he can't do everything, even though he's the face of the franchise, makes all the money, is protected in practices, face of the franchise, a leader, oooh getting tired ksk lol, you're right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why in the big games can't be play better, I just don't get it

popp1234

Reaction score
I say we stop letting players "sleep in their own beds" the night before a game! ;)

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The players were as confident as everyone posting here on the Zone that week, all the prognosticators, every journalist and everyone with a microphone. Even Packers fans like me were expecting a blowout. What fan on Earth would have thought a Joe Barry defense could slow down the Cowboys offense enough for the Packers to grab a lead. As fans, we should know that whenever a team is predicted to get rolled, take the underdog and bet the house on the money line.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think Green Bay is a lot better than what people thought.................they almost beat the 49ers the following week, they had a 21-14 lead at the start of the 4th quarter and lost by 3.

We were obviously not prepared for the game; I think the Cowboys thought Green Bay was an auto win.

Once the Packers took the opening kickoff and drove the length of the field to score a TD, our whole team was in state of shock and just never recovered.
Didn't GB have best NFL second-half record? And they had a young QB who played lights out and just "got it" for first time in his young career during second half of season.

Not making excuses, but kind of funny cause everyone here was scared of Rams based on their recent Super Bowl pedigree, but Aaron Donald was playing that game already thinking of retirement, and they didn't get far at all.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Easy......it was Dak's fault.
never his fault. The defense could hold the opposing offense to 2 total yards of offense all game long, Dak could throw 9 int's on purpose and it still wouldn't be his fault

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Didn't Micah say, the playoffs is what makes ya...He should address that himself...

Jfconrow

Reaction score
They were out at a pep rally the night before. I've never heard of players doing that. Also, like others said, they had parties planned for after the game. That right there is enough, they did look flat and tired. GB ran the ball right up the middle, which is why they've been losing the past few years. Dallas couldn't run the ball, they got behind, then Dak threw all those INTs. They had a really good team so its a shame.

Cmac

Reaction score
never his fault. The defense could hold the opposing offense to 2 total yards of offense all game long, Dak could throw 9 int's on purpose and it still wouldn't be his fault
....but the defense couldn't hold anything (excluding penalties), last we saw them. Now what? Sounds like the defense has immunity, more than a diplomat is afforded.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
....but the defense couldn't hold anything (excluding penalties), last we saw them. Now what? Sounds like the defense has immunity, more than a diplomat is afforded.
I'm being sarcastic in my comment fyi