Have we figured out why the Cowboys came out so flat against GB yet?

b0xZZ

Reaction score
No we weren't and don't speak this way about the Cowboys, they're highly trained in the BEST shape of their lives type of athletes!!
Bro tank even made this excuse. Maybe he was just searching for something to say but he blamed it on being tired after a long season

Adreme

Reaction score
Did they feel they were going to not have to play hard, did they overlook them? I struggle to think what was the week of game prep like, what was the pre-game thoughts of this team? Like "let's not go too hard, let's save all of our energy for the next game, after we beat up on GB?" I just don't get how you can come out with no fire in a HUGE game such as this! Please give your thoughts if you can offer some sort of explanation for this!
Because it happens. SF looked flat in both its wins. Baltimore looked flat in the first half against Houston (and KC).

We also know why the defense gave up 6TDs in 7 possessions (something no team has done in the playoffs and won) and that is a S playing LB.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Neither do you win when the defense stays home. And it wasn't just the run defense, it was also the pass defense. Their receivers were getting WIDE open. Add that to the worthless run defense to compliment Dak's failures and you'll have an accurate description of why we got murdered in that game. A loss that bad requires teamwork. From top to bottom.
Say what you want, But what I witness was our Runner up MVP put his defense in many bad spots in the first half when they kept it within reach. You can only do so much on defense without being gassed. I can see why D Law said what he said about them being tired.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This didn't get a whole lot of airplay. I think fans were still in mourning. And admittedly, Micah Parsons doesn't make the most entertaining podcast. But he had CeeDee on with him to talk about it in this episode last month. Watching CeeDee eat steak while talking about it sort of reminds me of a famous history anecdote of the Queen of France allegedly saying "Let them eat cake" before the revolution beheaded her. Wonder if these guys are in sync with what is going on. Half the show is money and media talk, but I guess that's the modern player.
  • At least CeeDee didn't say they were tired. Took responsibility for his drops, but was frustrated that he only got 2 more targets in first half. Typical alpha receiver, wants to be the man. LOL Admits he didn't always handle things professionally at all times, and needs to be a leader on offense. I don't think CeeDee's maturity is an issue, so not worried. CeeDee said that no one but Dak steps up on offense to try and be a leader.
  • Something not talked about much is CeeDee basically said they got stunned, and punched in the mouth to begin the game and never recovered. Said GB was the first home game where opponent took coin toss, marched ball down field on first drive in confidence, and then shut the Cowboys offense down 3 and 0 on their defensive first stand. Kudos to GB coach for doing the obvious on that. Not sure why more teams didn't try to drive like that to begin with. We showed all year we sucked at playing from behind with our undersized pass rush happy defense. It's not always rocket science!
Not sure I like the comment about them saying they deserved the bye week, they won a lot. Half of me watches this and says no wonder Jerry is tearing it up. Have to put my generation prejudice aside though. Think both of these guys are solid young men, and we need some vets who can say "follow me young buck!" We don't have much of it on the team.

Last edited:

JayFord

Reaction score
When you dont take your opponet serious...party and organize another party for your wild card win combine that with a team who had to fight their butt off just to get the last spot in the playoffs

and you get the nonsene you got.....

since when does dallas lose at home? since when does dallas just give up 40+ like its nothing?

CWR

Reaction score
I don't disagree, league wide I think this is the case, especially when considering the salary cap. But outside a few players I just don't see a lot more actual talent. But hey, that's just my opinion.
I think we lack talent at key positions. DT, LB, physicality on the line in general and coaches who implement that style of play. The glamor positions we are more than fine.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
to me, the SF losses the previous two years were disappointing, but not upsetting as much since I thought SF was the better team both years. so losing to a better team doesn't as much bother me. it is what it is. but this GB game was beyond disappointing. it was upsetting. the team was not prepared. they didn't come out prepared. the coaches were not prepared. the defensive game plan was as if Quinn spent the night before devising it. made no sense. the offense was not in sync. the players acted as if they just show up and execute and they just win. or perhaps they thought GB is going to roll over and play dead. or they thought we can just turn it on any time. the coaches weren't ready. the players weren't ready. for Gawd's sake they had a post victory party planned. why in the heck do players even celebrate a playoff win. that's setting the bar low. I heard some of the players had rally party the week of the game. that's stupid. and we saw players frustrated, pouting. that's you CD. pouting, so the coach had to leave the sideline and come and pump you up. seriously. grow up.

the lack of readiness, lack of preparation told me they weren't seriously getting ready for this game. its the entitlement culture of the cowboys.

this past year loss to GB was extremely disappointing in so many ways because we lost to a team that wasn't better than us, at home.
The HC that got dallas ready for that game is back again !!
Lamb will get his payday
Quinn I think did a poor defense on purpose.
And I think there was pre game partys also.

It was so bad it is like they threw the game.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
We rolled out the same gameplan we did the whole season and Green Bay was just well prepared for it. We failed to make timely adjustments to stay in the game.
and that is my biggest worry about MM.. well that and clock management issues.

He doesn't seem to adjust.. its like he has plan A and he believes if they stick to it long enough it will work.

kevm3

Reaction score
Why did anyone expect anything different? It's been a staple under McCarthy to come in slack especially after a game or two of winning big and we've always got destroyed by physical teams.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Didn't GB have best NFL second-half record? And they had a young QB who played lights out and just "got it" for first time in his young career during second half of season.

Not making excuses, but kind of funny cause everyone here was scared of Rams based on their recent Super Bowl pedigree, but Aaron Donald was playing that game already thinking of retirement, and they didn't get far at all.
Exactly............I think Green Bay was like 6-1 to end the season.

I think everybody looked at the Packers like "the 7th seed, its an easy W"

In hindsight, I would have rather lost the Detriot game (we kinda did, just got the W off a technicality), and got the 3 seed instead of the 2 seed.

Drawing the Packers in the first round was just a bad matchup.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly............I think Green Bay was like 6-1 to end the season.

I think everybody looked at the Packers like "the 7th seed, its an easy W"

In hindsight, I would have rather lost the Detriot game (we kinda did, just got the W off a technicality), and got the 3 seed instead of the 2 seed.

Drawing the Packers in the first round was just a bad matchup.
Nope. It was a bad matchup because we took a TE in the 2nd round. Which is just an example of why we keep losing in the playoffs. Instead of wishing for someone we could beat, it's better to wish for us stopping the 2nd round lunacy and building a team that is tough and talented enough up front to stop the run game domination of other teams.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why did anyone expect anything different? It's been a staple under McCarthy to come in slack especially after a game or two of winning big and we've always got destroyed by physical teams.
We weren't slack. We got domninated physically because we're not big and talented enough on D. The D players actually played very hard, they just didn't have a chance.

Don't mistake physical domination for lack of effort. Completely different thing.

kskboys

Reaction score
The second part where you mentioned the QB was terrible is a lie and you should never talk about him like that, he can't do everything, even though he's the face of the franchise, makes all the money, is protected in practices, face of the franchise, a leader, oooh getting tired ksk lol, you're right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why in the big games can't be play better, I just don't get it
The Glitch.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Unprepared. Arrogance. Unaddressed lack of discipline and lack of accountability that has been an issue for years (eventually caught up with this team in humiliating fashion). An obvious lack of unity (look what happened following the loss. Families getting involved. Not a good sign). Too much talking but not enough doing.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I don't buy the flat theory at all. Just go back an look at the season as a whole. We beat a bunch of bad teams and got lucky with Detroit making some bad decisions that cost them a game they should have one. We beat the Rams before they found their identity. We beat an Eagles team that lost their way. Go rewatch the 49ers, Cardinals, Bills, Dolphins games along with the Packers game. Teams that could run the ball neutralized Quinn's attack style defense and that put just enough pressure on Dak to make him struggle. Also note the performances of Micah and CeeDee in those losses as well. That's all you need to know about the 2023 Dallas Cowboys.

LysleE

Reaction score
The Cowboys were the 2nd seed in the playoffs thanks mostly to a soft schedule and Philly struggling towards end of the season…I think Dallas was not as good as they thought they were and displayed their usual arrogance going against the lowly #7 seed and expecting them to lay down.
But…GB has a coaching staff that exploited Dallas’ defense and befuddled their QB…I think we all saw the television images of Dak and several players sitting on the bench in a daze. Clearly was Dallas was out-schemed and out-coached in all facets of the game.
The Cowboys are a mirror image of Jerry…all flash and no substance; still clinging to the notion of “America’s Team” and living off the exploits of the 90’s teams.

visionary

Reaction score
Did they feel they were going to not have to play hard, did they overlook them? I struggle to think what was the week of game prep like, what was the pre-game thoughts of this team? Like "let's not go too hard, let's save all of our energy for the next game, after we beat up on GB?" I just don't get how you can come out with no fire in a HUGE game such as this! Please give your thoughts if you can offer some sort of explanation for this!
No, but i do know whose fault it wasnt

Jerry
MM
Dak
Micah
Quinn