Have you ever been to a Cowboys game?

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
I went to the first Commanders game last year. It was 102 degrees in the stadium and needless to say, it was a long walk back to the car.

it was a long walk to the car after that game no matter how close or how far
away we were parked...

Smith22

Reaction score
Been to Texas stadium once, when we beat the Titans with Carter at QB. I've been to Fedex 2 or 3 times to see us play the skins.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
otero1 said:
My dad was a season ticket holder from 1971-2000.I went to all the games with him from 1974-2000.Probably missed about 5-6 games in that span.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
every year since 98. its about 500 bucks for me living in VA. But there aint nothing like it.:star: This year its sunday night football week 2. I will say no more.

lspain1

Reaction score
Life long fan. Always watched from afar. Lived in Dallas during the Campo years :bang2: so I never went. I moved away and then Jerruh hired Parcells (maybe I should have moved sooner):confused: .

This year, I'm going to my first Cowboys game....opening day in Jacksonville!:jaguars:

ljs44

Reaction score
otero1 said:

I've seen them once at Texas Stadium in 95 against the Browns. the game they lost when Novacek got tackled at the 1 foot line with no time left.

I have seen them 3 times in Philly. In 92 when they both came in 3-0 and they lost 31-7. In 93 on monday night when Emmitt ran for 237, what a GREAT game!!! And a couple years ago when they got crushed like 40-19.

I have seen them twice in Baltimore. 27-0 Loss in the Ravens title year, and 30-9 Loss two years ago when Henson played the 4th quarter.

And I've seen them in Washington 6 times. I saw the last game at RFK when they rested all the starters and lost. And I've been to 5 of the last 6 at FedEX and last year was the first loss I saw.

I'm hoping to get back down to Texas before the new stadium is built, and then once for the new stadium.

Also trying to get to the meadowlands so I can see them at all of the NFC East stadiums, but it hasn't worked out yet.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I went to every Cowboys/Rams game played in L.A. from 1963 through 1990. Unfortunately we lost more than we won except for 2 playoff games in the 70s that we won BIG in.

I went to the Cowboys/Panthers game last Christmas Eve in Charlotte.

A total of about 15 games including preseason and playoffs.

Never been to a game at Texas Stadium though.

The first time I went to a Cowboys game was a preseason game in LA in August of 1963. I met Bob Lilly outside the Coliseum before the game and he became my hero from then on. I've been a Cowboys Fan ever since.

aceware94

Reaction score
I've been to a handful.
1988:Dallas at Philly-Michael Irvin rookie year, my dad and I stayed in the team hotel and got pretty much the entire teams autograph. I got pictures w/ Tom Landry, Bill Bates, Doug Cosbie, and rookie Michael Irvin.

1992:Commanders at Dallas- Monday night football in Dallas, OMG is that stadium hot. Sat right next to Ross Perot's wife and right behind Troy Aikman's brother.

1998:Dallas at Commanders-Met Jerry Jones on sidelines.
1999:Dallas at Commanders-Troy's bomb to Rocket in O.T. for win.
2001:Dallas at Commanders-Quincy throws a 40+ yd. strike to beat Champ Bailey
2003:Dallas at Commanders-Terrence Newman has 3 pics as we win 27-0
2005:Dallas at Commanders-Total arse whipping, we lose 35-7

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
otero1 said:

the two times they lost to the steelers in the super bowl they ended those regular seasons (75 & 78) at Shea. I went to both and being the last game the fans rushed the field. Both times I was running up to and patting 70's boys on the backs (Im briefly in a shot on the 78 nfl films season highlight). The bad thing is Landry sat my idol Staubach out both times. I also went to the 85 sunday night game where they beat the Giants 35-34 or something like that. Boy am I due. Was actually planning a trip to Dallas this year but I am postponing it until the cancer is off the team.

peacockaja

Reaction score
St.Louis when the Cardinals were there, Detroit, Indy, Atlanta twice, Tennessee on Monday Night Football @ Christmas

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Been to every Thanksgiving Day game played, a couple of games played here in Houston, 6 playoff games and 1 Super Bowl

notherbob

Reaction score
I went to a few of the games back in the 60s in the Cotton Bowl when the prices were more reasonable and the parking was closeby and free.

I have never had a desire to go to Texas Stadium, even when I lived in Dallas. I have no desire at all to ever attend any game in person anymore. I would much rather watch it for free at home. Even if someone offerred me free tickets and a limosine ride to and from the game and luxury box seating I would not go - too much messin' around, too many unruly people, warm beer, smelly toilets with wet floors, etc.

I just don't like Jerry Jones or his evil twin, Jethro, and I simply won't give either one of them a single dollar of my hard-earned money, but if others want to make the rich and powerful even richer and more powerful by paying outrageous prices to them, that's their business. To each his own.

Now that Jerruh has sold his soul for TO, I may not even watch on TV, but probably will anyway just out of force of habit, after all, I watched while DeIon played and I despised him about as much as Jerry. I have no Cowboys merchandise and don't want any. I just love to watch pro football and I don't especially care who wins; if the Boys play well enough to win, fine; if not, fine. If the referees let the teams play, fine, if they want to affect the outcome of the game, fine. For me, it's the game itself that's important and I no longer care who the participants are or whether the officiating is honest or not.

Crazy as it may sound, I actually enjoy the game more this way and don't have any emotional baggage weighing my spirits down - win or lose. I may be a cynical old fart but I'm having fun my way while those who wish to attend games have their fun their way. It's all good.

Patiently waiting for the draft to see who the new boys will be - I'm in no hurry.

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
And I have never seen them lose!!

I have seen them play the Commanders three times.

I ahve seem them beat Favre's Packers and Elway's Broncos.

I have seen them school the Giants once.

I have seen them destroy the Cardinals three times.

I've seen them beat Frisco twice- Once where Aikman &Irvin taught Young and Rice how to play ( at the time the largest attendance)
And once where Quincy Carter earned player of the week honors with help from Joey galloway.

I've seen Dallas beat the Panthers.

That's what I remember off-hand -

I live about 5 hours away.

I have never had to see the Cowboys lose a game...Live:starspin

Gfunk

Reaction score
oh yes, December 18th, 2005, FedEx Field... a now highlight in my life

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kilyin said:
I went to the first Commanders game last year. It was 102 degrees in the stadium and needless to say, it was a long walk back to the car.
Indeed.

I've actually been to quite a few. Got a tradition going to get to at least one a year. I'm cheap so I don't mind sitting in the nosebleed section as long as I can see the field. Tho this year, I'm gonna get better parking. I hate walking across the freeway to the regular parking.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no.

I'm from Syracuse originally, so I'd have to make probably a 4 hour trip to either the Meadowlands or Buffalo for a game. Getting a Cowboys ticket in NY is tough to come by and since I grew up there for the first 20 years of my life, my ole man wasn't about to drive me 4 hours to buy tickets from scalpers out in the cold for some team he could care less for.

I will be watching Dallas play Atlanta this year since it's in the Georgia Dome, about 10 minutes away from where I live.

I also have planned to take a trip to Dallas in 2007 to watch one game in Texas Stadium before it closes down and then take another trip in 2008 to see the new stadium.

Rich.......

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I've been to a dozen games. I haven't missed one here against the Commanders for about 5 years. And I've been to another 6 games in Dallas. Last year was the first time I've seen the Cowboys play somewhere other than DC or Dallas, when I went to the season opener in San Diego.

My favorite game I ever saw was my first... 1994 vs. Buddy Ryan's Cardinals. My first trip ever to Texas Stadium and the Boys stomped all over Buddy's Birds 38-3. That was a game I'll never forget.

The best game I ever saw was my next trip to Texas Stadium... 1997 vs the Commanders. I had a seat in the endzone where Dallas went off for 11 points in the last two minutes to win the game.

Honorable mention to last year's game in San Diego, which was thrilling, and the 2003 game at the Commanders where the conditions were absolutely horrible, but we won 27-0.

The two worst games I've ever been to were the Eagles "Pickle Juice" game in 2000, and last year's game in Washington (although the pre-game tailgate was fun).

This year I'm definitely going to the game here in DC, and I'd love to go to one other game in Dallas.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
One so far....the season opener in 98 Chan Gailey's first game. It was so hot I thought I saw the devil waiting in the snow cone line :D