Head coach power rankings

HanD

Reaction score
staley has made some terrible decisions and cost the chargers games. he has a lot of talent on that team to work with too. i'm not impressed with his performance thus far. going for it unnecessarily, blowing a huge 27 point lead in the wild card.....he has lots to prove.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
I find it amazing how these so called "sports media" types can form a list like this and that list gets so much attention. I bet most NFL team forums will have a thread on this very "story." Truth is such stuff like this one mean nothing other than one joker's opinion. But we fans (including me) tend to react and often over react to such nonsense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
staley has made some terrible decisions and cost the chargers games. he has a lot of talent on that team to work with too. i'm not impressed with his performance thus far. going for it unnecessarily, blowing a huge 27 point lead in the wild card.....he has lots to prove.
He almost got fired last year.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I honestly don't care what they think about McCarthy.

But there's just not a lot that makes sense.

How is Tomlin 3 but Harbaugh 11?
How is Daboll 8 but Campbell 16?
How are Shanahan and McVay not 3a and 3b?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly don't care what they think about McCarthy.

But there's just not a lot that makes sense.

How is Tomlin 3 but Harbaugh 11?
How is Daboll 8 but Campbell 16?
How are Shanahan and McVay not 3a and 3b?
Right.
Why is Bellichick #2. If he is basing on past success. Then MM should be much higher since he won a SB over many of the others.
That invalidates the list. But then it is a Mediot's opinion.

Techsass

Reaction score
I still have no idea why everyone thinks Peyton is a great coach and MM is a bad coach. They are exactly the same lol
I’ve asked that. Why is Peyton held in such high regard?
I've never understood why Payton gets so much love. He's not blatantly bad by any means, but everybody sees him as a top coach in the league. I guess we'll find out where he stands this year.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Pretty ridiculous rankings IMO. I know it's pretty complex to rank HCs but there is no consistency in the methodology here. MM & Payton have nearly identical histories yet couldn't be farther apart. Sirianna & Daboll that high after one year? McDaniel is top half of the league after a 9-8 career record? Not to discredit these guys, but your going to put them over Pete Carroll who has both previous success and overachieved this past season?

This feels like they needed content quick and just slapped something together.