Heard on 105.3 The Fan: Ben Rogers Predicting "Something in the Works"

Big_D

Reaction score
If the Cowboys brought in Brown I'm not against this. He's a stud WR BUT Big Ben to Dak is a hefty drop. This is where receivers fall off the earth. That would include Brown. Don't really see why he would be interested at all? Doubt he sees the type of numbers he's used to. I know Hurns isn't in the same ballpark, I just eventually see another guy not happy about targets.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I don’t think Romo would’ve been in a golf tournament this week if he was making a comeback next week.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Heard it on the radio yesterday driving home that next week something is in the works that could positively affect the Cowboys and their fans that would, (as he described it) "break the internet"

The only 2 possibilities that come to mind that would be internet breaking are:

1. Romo comes back
2. Dez comes back

Ben went on to say that he got this from the same source who predicted Witten's retirement 2 weeks before it happened

side note: I don't think the Earl Thomas thing is it because that wouldn't really be internet breaking..

posted this here because I don't see a Rumor Zone and I know it would get moved from Fan Zone
and then in reality Dallas trades a 1st round pick for E.T. after being convinced they don't need that pick for a QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Heard it on the radio yesterday driving home that next week something is in the works that could positively affect the Cowboys and their fans that would, (as he described it) "break the internet"

The only 2 possibilities that come to mind that would be internet breaking are:

1. Romo comes back
2. Dez comes back

Ben went on to say that he got this from the same source who predicted Witten's retirement 2 weeks before it happened

side note: I don't think the Earl Thomas thing is it because that wouldn't really be internet breaking..

posted this here because I don't see a Rumor Zone and I know it would get moved from Fan Zone
Cant imagine that Romo would be part of this.

Maybe if theres a team with no playoff hopes that has a star WR, TE, or safety.....a trade?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So Tony Romo, who retired with a completely broken body, is still being considered a realistic “hope” that could rescue this team? Why not ask Roger to come out of retirement? Geez..

And Dez, unsigned by any other NFL team, is going to suddenly rescue this WR corps? He couldn’t do it last year, so why this year?

For the record, I respect what Tony and Dez did for this team in their hey day. But the key to our future does not lie in the past.

The only thing I can think of that would truly “break the internet” for Cowboys fans would be the news that Jerry Jones is stepping aside as GM. Now that’s a headline most fans would get excited about. THAT would provide more Hope than a 40 year old broken body QB or a has been receiver.
Romo s injuries Occured on hits that did the exact same thing to other qbs. Look at Rodgers last year... is that because he is fragile, or a 265lbs man fell on his body in a very awkward way. Show me the soft hits that broke Romo that other qbs would have just kept on going.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Romo is talked into coming back, but he stipulates only if Dez is brought back. Damn that would be awesome to see those on this board complaining.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Romo did not retire with"a completely broken body."

Yep, he retired before it was completely broken.

He broke his collarbone three times and had 3 back surgeries. Why anyone would be surprised that a guy who lived his dream for over a decade, made a ton of money, has a wife and kids, and got offered a primo TV gig, would decide he was done playing football.

He would've been an idiot to do anything else.