Heard on 105.3 The Fan: Ben Rogers Predicting "Something in the Works"

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yep, he retired before it was completely broken.

He broke his collarbone three times and had 3 back surgeries. Why anyone would be surprised that a guy who lived his dream for over a decade, made a ton of money, has a wife and kids, and got offered a primo TV gig, would decide he was done playing football.

He would've been an idiot to do anything else.

You can really only count the collar bone twice. And are we counting the stupid cyst thing as a back surgery? Really?

And he would still be playing if not for the dumb decision by this team. He did not quit for health reasons.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I don't want to get anyone Hope's up, but.. you can expect at least one of these..
Romo comes in as new Senior QB Coach
Or
Johnny Football finally comes to Dallas as a backup
Or
We nade a trade for Bill Belichick
Or
David Irving will start

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Of course. I knew there was one out there. That sorta makes sense.
Brown trade would never happen, his cap hit next season is 22.5m and the year after 19.3 and so on, he is 30 years old now, if we make that trade and also have to sign DLaw next season, then that probably means no extension for Dak, even with the cap space we have going into next season you can't pay everyone

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Romo is not coming back as much as JJ’s would like it. I mean, “Come on Man”

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally, I would welcome Romo back. At least we would get to see quality QB play again. I hope it happens.
At least until he got hit...so yeah, maybe for a play or two then back to “injury-ville.”

OMG- What is going on with the Romo resurrection talk on these boards? He retired because his body was done.

I swear, I’m old enough to remember when Dandy Don Meredith retired and the great Roger Staubach retired. I’ve never seen so much love for a former QB than Romo. Roger was one of the all time greats but when he retired, we were sad but were able to move on.

Tony Romo was a very good QB. But...Two words of advice- Move on.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
At least until he got hit...so yeah, maybe for a play or two then back to “injury-ville.”

OMG- What is going on with the Romo resurrection talk on these boards? He retired because his body was done.

I swear, I’m old enough to remember when Dandy Don Meredith retired and the great Roger Staubach retired. I’ve never seen so much love for a former QB than Romo. Roger was one of the all time greats but when he retired, we were sad but were able to move on.

Why do you insist on pushing the stupid hit nonsense? You've already been corrected on this.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

With Roger we were sad and stunned because he was still playing at a high level. But we moved on. Tony can not stay healthy anymore. I don't know what it will take to convince some of this. He hasn't played a full season since 2014.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not resurrecting him. Stop deflecting into some other delusion.
Im not trying to deflect anything.

Just to be clear- here’s my position on Tony Romo:
1. I appreciated his career here. He will soon be in the ring of honor and deservedly so.
2. He has not played (a full 16 game season) since 2012.
3. Injuries cut short his career. (Since 2010, he missed 39 of 112 games )
4. Why would we think Romo at 39 would be ready to play again?

Feel free to state your position again.

Rayman70

Reaction score
honestly, the more I think about it...the only thing in the works is likely we are about to make a mega deal with DLAW. That's why we are saving all that cap space. We are trying to pay the guys we wanna keep...the cornerstones. We have several guys we want to keep and that will require a ton of cap money. A trade however, wouldn't really stop us from doing all of the above. I can see a scenario where we trade TWILL AND Gregory for picks or a player.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
honestly, the more I think about it...the only thing in the works is likely we are about to make a mega deal with DLAW. That's why we are saving all that cap space. We are trying to pay the guys we wanna keep...the cornerstones. We have several guys we want to keep and that will require a ton of cap money. A trade however, wouldn't really stop us from doing all of the above. I can see a scenario where we trade TWILL AND Gregory for picks or a player.
I think the DLaw contract is a much likelier scenario. There is no way ANY NFL team will take TWill (because of that contract) or Gregory (because of his risk for suspension.

There is a possibility TWill gets cut. Gregory could be headed to another suspension so I don’t see any value for either of those guys.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Im not trying to deflect anything.

Just to be clear- here’s my position on Tony Romo:
1. I appreciated his career here. He will soon be in the ring of honor and deservedly so.
2. He has not played (a full 16 game season) since 2012.
3. Injuries cut short his career. (Since 2010, he missed 39 of 112 games )
4. Why would we think Romo at 39 would be ready to play again?

Feel free to state your position again.

I already explained the injury thing. (Fact is, he was no more injury prone the last few years than he was in 2008-2011.

Number of games missed is not a good indicator as that is dependant on location and type of injury (luck) and not the chances of injury.

When he left, he was probably the better at QB than at any other time in history amd more healthy and stronger than when he had his best season.

And you are still deflecting. You keep trotting out the health that you clearly understand 0 about.