Heard on 105.3 The Fan: Ben Rogers Predicting "Something in the Works"

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I already explained the injury thing. (Fact is, he was no more injury prone the last few years than he was in 2008-2011.

Number of games missed is not a good indicator as that is dependant on location and type of injury (luck) and not the chances of injury.

When he left, he was probably the better at QB than at any other time in history amd more healthy and stronger than when he had his best season.
:laugh:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I already explained the injury thing. (Fact is, he was no more injury prone the last few years than he was in 2008-2011.

Number of games missed is not a good indicator as that is dependant on location and type of injury (luck) and not the chances of injury.

When he left, he was probably the better at QB than at any other time in history amd more healthy and stronger than when he had his best season.
Ok. Thanks for clarifying your position. I disagree with your statement that “he was no more injury prone the last few years than 2008-11.” But I appreciate that you stated your opinion clearly. We can agree to disagree. That’s cool. Having different Opinions is what makes this place interesting.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
At least until he got hit...so yeah, maybe for a play or two then back to “injury-ville.”

OMG- What is going on with the Romo resurrection talk on these boards? He retired because his body was done.

I swear, I’m old enough to remember when Dandy Don Meredith retired and the great Roger Staubach retired. I’ve never seen so much love for a former QB than Romo. Roger was one of the all time greats but when he retired, we were sad but were able to move on.

Tony Romo was a very good QB. But...Two words of advice- Move on.
Dude, if Romo wants to come back than I would welcome that. I am not pining away for him to come back.

When Roger retired he never discussed making a comeback. If he had, I would have welcomed that too.

I wonder if people like you made fun of fans who were glad that Favre came back after he retired? Smh.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for clarifying your position. I disagree with your statement that “he was no more injury prone the last few years than 2008-11.” But I appreciate that you stated your opinion clearly. We can agree to disagree. That’s cool. Having different Opinions is what makes this place interesting.

What do you base your disagreement on? Certainly not the rate of injury.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you base your disagreement on? Certainly not the rate of injury.
He missed 13 games between 2008-2013, 10 of course with the broken collarbone in 2010. Romo’s frequent injuries toward the end of his career became the main reason he retired. Im not knocking TR- he was a warrior. But the last few years of his career, he missed a ton of time due to injury.

A player is only as good as you can count on him to play. I don’t think TR would hold up today at 39 or 40 anymore than he did at 37. That’s just my opinion based on the history of Romo. Again- no knock on him. I just think it’s silly (just my opinion) to believe Tony Romo would be a good addition two years after he retired.

It’s ok if you think he would be...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He missed 13 games between 2008-2013, 10 of course with the broken collarbone in 2010. Romo’s frequent injuries toward the end of his career became the main reason he retired. Im not knocking TR- he was a warrior. But the last few years of his career, he missed a ton of time due to injury.

A player is only as good as you can count on him to play. I don’t think TR would hold up today at 39 or 40 anymore than he did at 37. That’s just my opinion based on the history of Romo. Again- no knock on him. I just think it’s silly (just my opinion) to believe Tony Romo would be a good addition two years after he retired.

It’s ok if you think he would be...

Again, you are looking at games missed and not injury rate. The rate is what you need to look at.

CB61

Reaction score
Heard it on the radio yesterday driving home that next week something is in the works that could positively affect the Cowboys and their fans that would, (as he described it) "break the internet"

The only 2 possibilities that come to mind that would be internet breaking are:

1. Romo comes back
2. Dez comes back

Ben went on to say that he got this from the same source who predicted Witten's retirement 2 weeks before it happened

side note: I don't think the Earl Thomas thing is it because that wouldn't really be internet breaking..

posted this here because I don't see a Rumor Zone and I know it would get moved from Fan Zone
Or possibly Jerry will come down to the sideline to put on a headset? With the prince of Saudi Arabia calling me offencive plays

CB61

Reaction score
Again, you are looking at games missed and not injury rate. The rate is what you need to look at.
That's because until the last few years of his career Tony Romo got beat up more than a UFC fighter in the ring due to the lack of any protection until last few years was kind of late by then

CB61

Reaction score
The same reason Rodger Staubach retired lack of protection concussions I believe Danny White was the same situation although he took he two three straight NFC championship games, and we still couldn't pull the trigger

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That's because until the last few years of his career Tony Romo got beat up more than a UFC fighter in the ring due to the lack of any protection until last few years was kind of late by then

And nobody said he couldn't take it when he was hurt earlier in his career.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jerry is announcing a new marketing deal that will make him even richer.

That is about the only headlines he makes these days.

cowboyec

Reaction score
we're getting Tom Brady AND Bill Belichick.
there.
thats all I got.

ArtClink

Reaction score
If Romo comes back, he can break the remaining bones in his back. Only Evil Knievel has more broken bones than Romo. Yep if only we had Romo we would win a Super Bowl even though Tony only won 2 WC games in his ten years.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Heard it on the radio yesterday driving home that next week something is in the works that could positively affect the Cowboys and their fans that would, (as he described it) "break the internet"

The only 2 possibilities that come to mind that would be internet breaking are:

1. Romo comes back
2. Dez comes back

Ben went on to say that he got this from the same source who predicted Witten's retirement 2 weeks before it happened

side note: I don't think the Earl Thomas thing is it because that wouldn't really be internet breaking..

posted this here because I don't see a Rumor Zone and I know it would get moved from Fan Zone

Maybe Jerry is getting the Jerry Richardson treatment from the NFL and he has to sell the team!!!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Jason has decided if you can't lead them by coaching, lead them by doing, he is suiting up to show his offense works. The ironic twist is his first snap under center he calls the wrong protection and gets killed and SL is now the HC.

jay94

Reaction score
If there was ever a time to make a come back with all these protect the qb rule changes, would be now.