Twitter: Helman: 3QBs, 4RBs, 6WRs, 3TEs, 8OLs, 9DL, 7LBs, 10DBs, 3S

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of the UDFA's, I actually like Kam Kelly moving to FS more than Huff but I haven't seen the Minicamp plays obviously. I just don't see the projection that our 5th Safety kicks a guy like Gregory or Tapper off the roster.
Yeah, Kam has a motor. Gotta keep his hands in check at moment of truth.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so that probably breaks down this way

QB - Dak, Rush, White
RB - Zeke, Smith, Olawale, Jackson
WR - Hurns, Beasley, Austin, Williams, Gallop, Thompson
TE - Blake, Geoff, Rico
OL - Smith, Williams, Fredrick, Martin, Collins, Fleming, Edwards, Green
K - Baily
DL - Chico, Crawford, Lawrence, Collings, Ward, Armstrong, Ealy, Price, Jones
LB - Lee, VEsch, Smith, Thomas, Wilson, Covington, Lanning,
DB - Jones, Brown, Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, Frazier, Heath, Thomas, Kelly, White
P - Jones
LS - LaDoucer

PS - Schultz, Scarborogh, Robinson, Wilson,

although I would venture to say we keep one less DB (since jones can play safety and slot if necessary). and we keep Schultz as 4th TE.

the questions is who goes once Irvin is activated.
Schultz need to stay protected. Would go to PS and be gone quick.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
QB (3) – Dak Prescott, Cooper Rush, Mike White

RB (4) – Ezekiel Elliott, Rod Smith, Jamize Olawale, Tavon Austin

WR (6) – Allen Hurns, Terrance Williams, Cole Beasley, Michael Gallup, Deonte Thompson, Noah Brown

TE (3) – Blake Jarwin, Geoff Swaim, Dalton Schultz

OL (8) – Tyron Smith, Connor Williams, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin, La’el Collins, Cameron Fleming, Joe Looney, Marcus Martin

DL (10) – DeMarcus Lawrence, Maliek Collins, Brian Price, Tyrone Crawford, Taco Charlton, Datone Jones, Dorance Armstrong, Kony Ealy, Randy Gregory, Jihad Ward, David Irving (suspended)

LB (6) – Sean Lee, Leighton Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith, Damien Wilson, Joe Thomas, Chris Covington

DB (10) – Chidobe Awuzie, Byron Jones, Jeff Heath, Xavier Woods, Jourdan Lewis, Anthony Brown, Kavon Frazier, Marquez White, Marqueston Huff, Kameron Kelly

ST (3) – Dan Bailey, Chris Jones, L.P. Ladouceur

PS Candidates – Cedrick Wilson, Bo Scarbrough, Daniel Ross, Lance Lenoir, Joel Lanning, David Wells, Tyree Robinson, Austin Larkin, Charvarius Ward

I think Duke Thomas doesn’t make it because the passing game coordinator favors bigger bodied corners, and Kelly/White will get better consideration due to that factor.

Covington, if he shows anything on special teams, will get the nod over March-Lilliard due to being a draft pick.

I have Gregory being on the roster – I think he gets reinstated for the start of the season. Ash gets bumped by Ward. When Irving is scheduled to be reinstated, it will be between Ealy and Datone Jones as to who gets released. If Ealy shows anything as a 3T, he will get the edge.

I agree with this.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
7LBs is dumb but also 10 DBs, can't see more than 8 and that is with Marquez White or Marqueston Huff making it. would try to keep as many DL and WR as possible from that.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I think Helman probably has the numbers right. Or as right as you can get before TC.
Those numbers sound good. We have position flex at safety with jones or Awuzie. Mike white and Cooper Rush are very very good developmental prospects. Rush has more athleticism than white. Maybe not as much as Dak. White throws an accurate ball but it has been said he holds the ball too long. Rush throws a good accurate ball. Dak has the experience and is a great leader. These guys will push each other. We need all three so no on can rest on their laurels. Good numbers

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If he gets reinstated, sure. But I don't make any concessions for him. If it comes down to Gregory vs. Ealy vs. Tapper, so be it. I certainly wouldn't count on the guy yet, he hasn't earned it.

At this point very few people should have earned it IMO. On the DL you have DLaw, Taco, and Collins as locks and the rest should be up in the air.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
March-Lilliard is reportedly tearing it up in camp, so I don't see a way he doesn't make the 53. My guess is that Damien Wilson will be a "surprise" cut at the end of TC to make way for JML. Wilson had a few moments in 2016, but hasn't done jack since, and pointed an AR at a bunch of strangers because they took his freaking parking spot. He's a scrub and most likely a head case, and I very, very much doubt he's in the Cowboys long-term plans.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
And how great would it be to stand by him during all of his issues and struggles, only to cut him after he gets it together and is ready to fulfill his promise and talent?
Not going to happen. Gregory is the 2nd best pass rusher and the 3rd best overall edge defender on the team today, even with the year layoff.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Oh for sure, a fourth-round rookie would get sniped instantly. It's like giving another team a free draft pick.

Schultz is making the roster no question.
Schultz & Gathers are the best TEs on the team. I think you keep Swaim for experience and blocking and then store UDFA Jarwin on the PS in case of injury.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not going to happen. Gregory is the 2nd best pass rusher and the 3rd best overall edge defender on the team today, even with the year layoff.

I agree. He played and looked the best he ever had after his previous missed time as I pointed out earlier. And he gave one of the league's best left tackles all that he could handle.

He's a better RDE option than the guy the team is trying to play there today.