Twitter: Helman: "To me, it looks like they’re setting Dak up to be a scapegoat."

kskboys

Reaction score
For several decades now we have witnessed this management make mistakes in assembling a team. Primarily the defensive side of the ball has been one error after another.

How many times have you seen posters here speak about drafting a safety or an inside presence for the defensive lines? I won't say that number is uncountable, but it might near triple digits if researched.

So here we are, watching the Dallas Cowboys find another area of this team to ignore, or make grandiose statements about players currently penciled in as starters who have underwhelmed at best.

Tyron Smith is a question mark which appears the team is continually hoping will last one more season, only to play that same wishing game as the next new season arrives. I love Tyron, but at some point the team needs to look at reality that he will miss contests. And those games take on a different projected outcome when the team cannot protect the back side of Dak.

Badass is a bookmark for the next great center of Dallas. He does not inspire confidence at all. He, to me, is a warm body until management stumbles on a center which can do the job. By all means let's waste the career of Zach Martin as the idiots in charge push all in on a position they appear to whiff at time and time again since Fred Beard left.

Steele to me is nothing more than Jethro and Little Anus with crossed fingers.

Tyler Smith may be an answer at guard. To be determined.

Yet with the unanswered possibilities this line offers, does Dallas intend to use RB's as additional blockers to protect the QB? If so, then this plan has a flaw. Not that the RB's cannot do an adequate job. But that you now take a skill position out of the mix to attack the defense just to supplement the offensive line that seems to have been ignored now for a couple of years.

I find the comments by the journalist in the OP to be rather naïve in regard to Dallas setting Dak up to be the scapegoat. That would imply the brain trust of Jethro and Little Anus possess enough intelligence to see the mess they have created, and then make a plan to scuttle a season, blaming the QB to cover their woefully inadequate arses.

I believe that assumes something about the Jones boys that cannot be quantified by viewing the history of the, "We are football guys," running this organization.

I'm not sure these boys are that bright.
Well said, and I'm sure they are not!!!!!

The triple digits thingie? Hades, I've hit that by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
What?? You can't say that because you're a fan of a different team!

I get a kick out of posters who think you aren't a Cowboy fan. They either haven't been here long or haven't paid attention. I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, heck, I'm not even sure if you're serious or trying to get a rise out of folks.

But I remember when most of your posts were about players you thought would be great. It's obvious to anyone who's actually read your posts over the years that you are a big time fan.

Like I mentioned, I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, but I do get a kick out of how riled up some get over them. Post away by friend!
I cannot comprehend for the life of me why people don't simply ignore posters who they don't like.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I agree, as I said, our depth is a concern. hopefully one or two of them step up like Steele did a couple of years back. hopefully we don't have to find out.

nobody in the league really has 5 proven OL men. that's hard. maybe one, two or three teams....

and yes, I agree, that 20M could have gone to signing one or two OL men, at least for depth.

but I think, they have a plan in mind for the 20M. they have to decide on Dak, so that to me is contingency for the 40M cap hit if they decide to walk away next year. if they decide to extend, then there is CD and Parson coming back to back, plus Diggs (whom I think we will lose).
Looks like we are in agreement! :flagwave:

stiletto

Reaction score
well framed. ^ When was the last time Dave was right? He makes Bryan B look like a Savant.

Someone must like him. He went from local to national TV and you guys are on an outdated internet fan forum just like the rest of us.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
We’re stuck with Dak for 3 more years. Fat Mike is probably gone after this season. He’s the scapegoat. And Jerrah’s favorite HC (other than Red) is available for hire.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LMAO at the very idea that the Joneses would be smart enough to even set him up as the fall guy.

This guy is looking for reasoning behind complacency and incompetence with two guys that know if they get it all wrong, they still make more money than any other team in sports.

I spent over 40 years in management and not one day in those 40 years did I ever not have to consider 'what if this doesn't work'?

They have not had to consider that since they got the new stadium. Think about all of the toys they have lavished themselves with and the signs of an immensely successful sports franchise they demonstrate without really accomplishing anything like it. There has never been anything like the Dallas Cowboys in the history of sports. No one can really wrap their heads around this anomaly. The popularity of this team is mind boggling to me.

How crazy is this. The best QB and present MVP of the league admits to doing psychotropics AND credits that with the best season in his career and even he can't replace the most talked about pro athlete in the world. The GOAT goes missing for 10 days and they'd rather talk about Prescott missing open receivers.

And now, the owners are setting him up so they can blame him when every analyst has been criticizing them for doing nothing in the off season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh the GOAT. Lmao like I said, some of yall are so lame.
Lame? Are you a child? You asked, I answered.

Rothlisberger won a super bowl w/ a terrible OLine.

Elway drug 3 very average teams to the super bowl.

Burrows just got done dragging a team to the super bowl w/ a bad OLine.

Wilson won a super bowl w/ Tate and no one at WR.

Marino won many playoff games and set records w/ very average Wr's and no RB's.

Luck made a championship game w/ a very craptastic team.

This info is readily available, or simply remembered by anyone w/ a semblance of a brain. Maybe you should do a little more thinking before you spew.

kskboys

Reaction score
LMAO at the very idea that the Joneses would be smart enough to even set him up as the fall guy.

This guy is looking for reasoning behind complacency and incompetence with two guys that know if they get it all wrong, they still make more money than any other team in sports.

I spent over 40 years in management and not one day in those 40 years did I ever not have to consider 'what if this doesn't work'?

They have not had to consider that since they got the new stadium. Think about all of the toys they have lavished themselves with and the signs of an immensely successful sports franchise they demonstrate without really accomplishing anything like it. There has never been anything like the Dallas Cowboys in the history of sports. No one can really wrap their heads around this anomaly. The popularity of this team is mind boggling to me.

How crazy is this. The best QB and present MVP of the league admits to doing psychotropics AND credits that with the best season in his career and even he can't replace the most talked about pro athlete in the world. The GOAT goes missing for 10 days and they'd rather talk about Prescott missing open receivers.

And now, the owners are setting him up so they can blame him when every analyst has been criticizing them for doing nothing in the off season.
Jerry doesn't plan ahead for anything. Every decision he makes is kneejerk.

kskboys

Reaction score
Someone must like him. He went from local to national TV and you guys are on an outdated internet fan forum just like the rest of us.
Don't need to be liked for that, just need to be interesting. Skip Bayless, for example!!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol again it all depends on the argument a poster is having in a particular thread.....lets see

Of course the most created thread topic Dak
2nd: we need better O-line play
3rd/3rd: tie between Zeke is washed and the WR core is awful or is it?

Thread started Dak does not have support.....
Same posters who have posted about the O-line issue and Zeke and WR's now say They are fine...no Exscuses!!!! again if it helps the argument they need then some can completley change the tune of what they have said in previous threads...

Reality is this team can get better OR they could have some major holes on offense ...either way I think we know who will take a level approach and who will come back to say "See I was right, Dak is the problem" no matter how the others on offense play.Logic dictates that if you were on here fortelling future failures on those other areas then they would also be a problem if they fail...right?