Twitter: Helman: "To me, it looks like they’re setting Dak up to be a scapegoat."

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Some of you take Helman too seriously.

He's what? Like 5'5'' tall?

Doesn't know a whole lot, but has really strong opinions.

I pretty much ignore his analyzations...

I'd rather listen to Broaddus. Helman doesn't even know as much as Broaddus.

Flamma

Reaction score
To say they are trying to set Dak up as a scapegoat would be giving credit to the front office. They don't have a plan or a purpose, they're that ignorant.

Take the 2018 season is a good example when they had to trade for Cooper.

Same thing here. They think everything is fine. They think getting WRs for peanuts like Turnip and Washington is no different than Miami getting Hill, or Philly getting A.J. Brown.

Teams that want to win enter into big stakes commodities. The Cowboys throw a dollar on the lottery.

GINeric

Reaction score
No excuses. Prescott is being paid elite money let him play like it. The usual excuses will come out

Daks first 5 full seasons in the NFL, he's won ONE playoff game, just like P. Manning and Drew Brees.... in that time, Matt Stafford didn't win any playoff games.

Im not saying Dak will have a better career than Brees and Manning, but I find it mysteriously ironic how at the 5th year mark, Dak had the same exact playoff success, but better overall stats than those quarterbacks mentioned.....

With that said, people built in all kinds of excuses as to why P. Manning and Brees only had ONE playoff win within the first 5 full seasons as Dak.... and again, Stafford had zero...

But Dak don't get the built-in excuses these other quarterbacks get. Other quarterbacks have to earn their money too!!

ANOTHER thing that is hilarious about the whole, "NO EXCUSES, these players are paid professionals thing...." When Dak leads us to or is partly responsible for wins, why is his wins dissected by who the opponents are??? Aren't they all highly paid professional athletes??? Aren't they amongst the best football players in the world in order to make it to the 53 man roster???

Well why doesn't the "No Excuses, they're highly paid professionals" moniker apply to the teams we beat that people consider weaker???

Our offensive roster is weaker, but Dak is told no excuses.... but he beats a weaker defense, but they get permission to have excuses placed at their feet???

Make that hypocrisy make sense....

plymkr

Reaction score
I said it first concerning the Jones boys setting up Dak for failure this coming season.
Seems Mr.Helman agrees....

I normally believe in conspiracy theories, especially about the Cowboys. But I don't believe this. I don't think the Jones are setting up Dak to be a scapegoat. They just suck at building a team and suck at being "GMs". I don't think it's any deeper than that. JMO

plymkr

Reaction score
Daks first 5 full seasons in the NFL, he's won ONE playoff game, just like P. Manning and Drew Brees.... in that time, Matt Stafford didn't win any playoff games.

Im not saying Dak will have a better career than Brees and Manning, but I find it mysteriously ironic how at the 5th year mark, Dak had the same exact playoff success, but better overall stats than those quarterbacks mentioned.....

With that said, people built in all kinds of excuses as to why P. Manning and Brees only had ONE playoff win within the first 5 full seasons as Dak.... and again, Stafford had zero...

But Dak don't get the built-in excuses these other quarterbacks get. Other quarterbacks have to earn their money too!!

ANOTHER thing that is hilarious about the whole, "NO EXCUSES, these players are paid professionals thing...." When Dak leads us to or is partly responsible for wins, why is his wins dissected by who the opponents are??? Aren't they all highly paid professional athletes??? Aren't they amongst the best football players in the world in order to make it to the 53 man roster???

Well why doesn't the "No Excuses, they're highly paid professionals" moniker apply to the teams we beat that people consider weaker???

Our offensive roster is weaker, but Dak is told no excuses.... but he beats a weaker defense, but they get permission to have excuses placed at their feet???

Make that hypocrisy make sense....
You make a good point. Dude you know our fanbase would have been screaming about Brees, Manning and Stafford after 5 years. TBH I would have been one of them. Well maybe, definitely with Stafford. But when I think about it every QB since Aikman has polarized the fans. Carter, Romo and now Prescott. You would think after Carter, Vinny, and Bledsoe we would be ecstatic about Romo and Prescott but they got dogged pretty bad by the fanbase for not producing like Aikman in the playoffs. The problem with our team and why we can't beat playoff teams is because of the guys running the team and not the guy running the offense.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Get a life.

I keep going to the rec center but the chicks are all taken.
You have a life, don't you?
Describe it for me so I can sample true happiness and satisfaction.
Quit dumping your trailer waste into the bay.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
If they run Zeke & Pollard consistently & use them with Turpin as WRs then this team will make a deep playoff run.
What?? You can't say that because you're a fan of a different team!

I get a kick out of posters who think you aren't a Cowboy fan. They either haven't been here long or haven't paid attention. I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, heck, I'm not even sure if you're serious or trying to get a rise out of folks.

But I remember when most of your posts were about players you thought would be great. It's obvious to anyone who's actually read your posts over the years that you are a big time fan.

Like I mentioned, I don't agree with a lot of your opinions, but I do get a kick out of how riled up some get over them. Post away by friend!

Bermystar12

Reaction score
I always liked Helman, and am glad dude is getting his shine. I can't presume I know what the intention is (re scape goat or not), but I agree 100% with everything else he said.

Swagger

Reaction score
this shows you’re just here to run your mouth and probably didn’t finish the video. We both agree that Mahomes is clearly better than Dak, correct? Why are the chiefs surrounding the better qb with better weapons and a better oline? They aren’t telling the #1 qb to go play as elite with bubble gum around him. That’s the point Helman made. Of course you would have to finish the video to know that…..
I did watch the whole video.

How many wide receivers/running backs have the Packers selected in the first round over the past ten years? After you answer that don't forget the Cowboys have effectively committed THREE first round picks to wide receivers and a running back for Dak Prescott. Other first round picks have included Micah Parsons (looks a generational talent on defense) and they selected an offensive lineman this year. Gallup was also drafted in the first few rounds and they tagged Schultz to retain Prescott's safety blanket. How much more help does Prescott need? Perhaps he just isn't the guy but hey it's probably the coaching and offensive coordinator as usual.

The Chiefs have their philosophy but I can tell you now they won't be winning a Superbowl this season not by the way they have neglecting their defense. These days the Cowboys front office generally draft very well and whilst I understand the frustration from the fans with the lack of moves in free agency, it's seemingly because they spunked their junk on players that didn't play anywhere near their contract during the Romo years which kneecapped the team and made it mission impossible for #9. I still think they could have added a piece or two but ultimately it comes down to how many significant injuries a team has to key players. Last season the Cowboys had a good season in this regard but I fear they will have a fair few injuries to balance out the good run of luck last season.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
For several decades now we have witnessed this management make mistakes in assembling a team. Primarily the defensive side of the ball has been one error after another.

How many times have you seen posters here speak about drafting a safety or an inside presence for the defensive lines? I won't say that number is uncountable, but it might near triple digits if researched.

So here we are, watching the Dallas Cowboys find another area of this team to ignore, or make grandiose statements about players currently penciled in as starters who have underwhelmed at best.

Tyron Smith is a question mark which appears the team is continually hoping will last one more season, only to play that same wishing game as the next new season arrives. I love Tyron, but at some point the team needs to look at reality that he will miss contests. And those games take on a different projected outcome when the team cannot protect the back side of Dak.

Badass is a bookmark for the next great center of Dallas. He does not inspire confidence at all. He, to me, is a warm body until management stumbles on a center which can do the job. By all means let's waste the career of Zach Martin as the idiots in charge push all in on a position they appear to whiff at time and time again since Fred Beard left.

Steele to me is nothing more than Jethro and Little Anus with crossed fingers.

Tyler Smith may be an answer at guard. To be determined.

Yet with the unanswered possibilities this line offers, does Dallas intend to use RB's as additional blockers to protect the QB? If so, then this plan has a flaw. Not that the RB's cannot do an adequate job. But that you now take a skill position out of the mix to attack the defense just to supplement the offensive line that seems to have been ignored now for a couple of years.

I find the comments by the journalist in the OP to be rather naïve in regard to Dallas setting Dak up to be the scapegoat. That would imply the brain trust of Jethro and Little Anus possess enough intelligence to see the mess they have created, and then make a plan to scuttle a season, blaming the QB to cover their woefully inadequate arses.

I believe that assumes something about the Jones boys that cannot be quantified by viewing the history of the, "We are football guys," running this organization.

I'm not sure these boys are that bright.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some of you take Helman too seriously.

He's what? Like 5'5'' tall?

Doesn't know a whole lot, but has really strong opinions.

I pretty much ignore his analyzations...

I'd rather listen to Broaddus. Helman doesn't even know as much as Broaddus.
well framed. ^ When was the last time Dave was right? He makes Bryan B look like a Savant.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hoping with Tyler taking over for Williams is a big upgrade and Steele is a upgrade there. So if they all stay healthy then it’s a better O-Line. But cutting coop and not replacing the talent will not help Dak getting it down the field.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Tyrone is great when he is on the field
Martin is solid.
Who else is proven?
Worse yet if any of the 5 get hurt who's on the bench?
We have 20mill available in cap space and there was nobody worth signing in free agency?
:huh:
I agree, as I said, our depth is a concern. hopefully one or two of them step up like Steele did a couple of years back. hopefully we don't have to find out.

nobody in the league really has 5 proven OL men. that's hard. maybe one, two or three teams....

and yes, I agree, that 20M could have gone to signing one or two OL men, at least for depth.

but I think, they have a plan in mind for the 20M. they have to decide on Dak, so that to me is contingency for the 40M cap hit if they decide to walk away next year. if they decide to extend, then there is CD and Parson coming back to back, plus Diggs (whom I think we will lose).

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Others have already said this, to me it looks like McCarthy is being set up as the scapegoat. Its almost like this is being arranged for Quinn or Payton to take over a better team next year.

Flamma

Reaction score

Because they don't have anything to do with eachother. You're comparing these players as if they were shooting free throws. Their situations were vastly different. Mark Sanchez won 4 playoff games on the road in his first two years, yet no one thought he was a better quarterback than Peyton Manning.

People make these excuses for Manning and Brees because they watched them play. You could see that they were great talents. Peyton I believe is in the HOF. Brees will follow. Dak will not.

kskboys

Reaction score
I normally believe in conspiracy theories, especially about the Cowboys. But I don't believe this. I don't think the Jones are setting up Dak to be a scapegoat. They just suck at building a team and suck at being "GMs". I don't think it's any deeper than that. JMO
Well said.

We're so smart we fall for every draft day riser, every underwear olympics winner, every guy who can't stay on the field and every thug. Tweedle Dee n Tweedle Dumb.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep MM and his coaching buddies followed by Dak and KM if things go south

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree, as I said, our depth is a concern. hopefully one or two of them step up like Steele did a couple of years back. hopefully we don't have to find out.

nobody in the league really has 5 proven OL men. that's hard. maybe one, two or three teams....

and yes, I agree, that 20M could have gone to signing one or two OL men, at least for depth.

but I think, they have a plan in mind for the 20M. they have to decide on Dak, so that to me is contingency for the 40M cap hit if they decide to walk away next year. if they decide to extend, then there is CD and Parson coming back to back, plus Diggs (whom I think we will lose).
DET Lions. Of all teams, they have 5 quality starters on the OL, as well as 2 great backups.

I do agree w/ your point, though, w/ FA, you very seldom see an OL w/ 5 quality starters.