Twitter: Helman: "To me, it looks like they’re setting Dak up to be a scapegoat."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The measure of worth for a QB in the NFL is a ship that has sailed already...I think its crazy there are still people who dont think another team would pay Dak that money right now to change the QB situation they have....and they believe that if we somehow had a cheap QB we would then have a 49 defense all the sudden and be able to run the ball and play defense with low QB play and make it back to the NFCCG....If only we had passed on that 4th round pick or then not paid a winning QB the contract..Jerry would have done those other things because he has done that before ...right?
Yep

If this dysfunctional ownership hadn’t stumbled on to Romo and Dak , this era would have been much worse. Remember who were going to be our top drafted QB’s in Manziel and Lynch. And who our top drafted QB was before with Quincy? Lol

It’s either poor evaluation or trolling to be blaming our QB’s because they haven’t carried this franchise further . They’ve both over achieved with their god given ability neither expected to be what they became.

Would we have liked to have HOF caliber QB’s ? Of course but we’d also like a normal GM, front office and coaching staff that isn’t undermined.

It’s a miracle we can even field a competitive team in this toxic atmosphere and we aren’t a 4-5 win team every year. But we have enough stars to remain interesting and relative, Jethro’s priority.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL.....Excuses by the way you forgot the weather if Libra is in Sagittarius and if it's a leap year.
Dak has had nothing but the best on his offense and when it counts FAILS....cannot score the points to win!!!!
Man, that is a swing and a missed point even for you!!!!! Your lack of comprehension skills is amusing, though!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
You nailed that. What stood out? Shaky O line play and when they were able to created running lanes the RBs wheelchaired forward. Garbage kicking. What do they have in common? They were issues LAST season and they've done virtually nothing.
Dak is a good QB, not a great one. However, the Jones boys are so football dumb they're building the team as if he's a great one. That is the disconnect, and that is why we desperately need a GM who is not a football dummy. Build the D and running game, and Dak is good enough. Put it all on him, and he's not. Non-football people are never going to comprehend that, though. (See Pappy)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is a good QB, not a great one. However, the Jones boys are so football dumb they're building the team as if he's a great one. That is the disconnect, and that is why we desperately need a GM who is not a football dummy. Build the D and running game, and Dak is good enough. Put it all on him, and he's not. Non-football people are never going to comprehend that, though. (See Pappy)
This should be framed so every fan can see!!

Well done K!!

Toro9

Reaction score
Fears confirmed. JJ only wants a perceived contender.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I was somewhat surprised to read Helman's impression of what the FO is thinking with Dak. Jerry and Stephen surely are keenly aware of what bang they're getting for their bucks, though. It seems odd, though, that they'd turn on him after jettisoning some of our best WRs outside of the confines of their team. Maybe Helman is getting ahead of himself by coming up with his latest impressions, however. I suppose we'll see about that.

If his assumptions are correct, it would seem possible that the FO might expect Dak to take a pay cut in his next contract. Somehow, that seems somewhat unlikely, since there's been no mention whatsoever of such inclinations as yet. In fact, they've given the appearance of being wholeheartedly in favor of him, from what their impressions have indicated in the recent past.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Our FO is a bunch of fools to think we are going to make it through the season with no OT backup. Frankly, I would spend the $20 million in cap space on a swing tackle that can pass protect. If they don't. It goes to show you how clueless these guys are when it comes to football.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It’s difficult to measure if some of the more Elite QB’s would have had more success this era than Romo or Dak have had . Pure speculative of course but my hunch is they might have gone a little deeper in playoffs on a couple of of those teams while not having as much success as they did on their respective teams . Nobody knows .

I don’t believe we were just a HOF caliber QB away from a Championship while that caliber QB would have been easier to build around and could have taken us a step closer. Again, we’ll never know.
Appreciate your perspective Diehardblues.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our FO is a bunch of fools to think we are going to make it through the season with no OT backup. Frankly, I would spend the $20 million in cap space on a swing tackle that can pass protect. If they don't. It goes to show you how clueless these guys are when it comes to football.
There fools ehh?
What did they get in return when they had 4 no 1 picks and a no 2 pick on the line?
1 playoff win!
Ya, I would also STOP investing and tell my fat cap cats at HB and QB to earn their monies!!!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Romo's clavicle healed.... Dak took his job. As far as what track he's on, remains to be seen. Now you said Dak isn't dynamic, that's cool. Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, and many others were "dynamic" quarterbacks.... how many "dynamic" superbowls did they win???

Do I have to remind you of the many quarterbacks who WEREN'T "dynamic" and won superbowls???? You don't have to be a dynamic quarterback to win.
My dog could play bingo. He won’t. But he could.

Swagger

Reaction score
Serious question, did anything that happened all game make you think we were hanging with the niners? Again i get how the game ended but lets remember it took the niners getting cute late in the game with passing the ball to even get there....and at no point was I watching that game thinking "Man we got a 80 yard drive in us"...they wrecked our OL and DL all game. And again Rodgers got to play them at home the next week with what most people consider a better team than Dallas and they did the same to him....
Given the conditions in the Green Bay vs 49ers play off game it became a special teams affair really. Rodgers underperformed but ultimately it was the Packers special teams that lost the game and 49ers special teams that won the game.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
There fools ehh?
What did they get in return when they had 4 no 1 picks and a no 2 pick on the line?
1 playoff win!
Ya, I would also STOP investing and tell my fat cap cats at HB and QB to earn their monies!!!
So you're giving bail to the FO that has mismanaged this team for the last 30 years?

No matter what you say about Dak, he got nothing on the Jones fam. Who has been raking in billions, and creating the #1 sports franchise in the world... all while underachieving as a team for 30 years.