Twitter: Helman: "To me, it looks like they’re setting Dak up to be a scapegoat."

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Takes two to tango. They tried both of those things. Where they failed was "asking". They should have told him it would be a longer deal and there would be less guaranteed money & there wouldn't be a "no trade" clause. Sign a deal under those terms or leave.
Agree mostly. Dak needed to play ball too, but ultimately he waited out the Cowboys and took everything in negotiations. Jerry/Stephen we're not prepared at all to move on, and Dak called their bluff. I mean the guy literally broke his leg in half and still got the exact contract he was looking for. The Cowboys could have caved to his demands (I'm assuming a little here) two years prior and been in a much better situation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, even though it may appear to be so. What he is observing is the Jones boys quite simply not understanding how to build a team. They put too much on the QB quite simply because they do not understand NFL football. They have no idea how TOP, a consistent running game, a D that can make stops, route runners at WR, and a host of other items affect the QB.
Yea, remember when Jethro said we didn’t need a good OL with Romos mobility. Lol

No doubt he still thinks the Triplets won those Super Bowls.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think most people are good with Dak needs to take blame also, I think most are just caught in the wash with both extreme sides...again Dak certainly couldve played better in the last playoff game and was part of the problem but certainly not the only as it was pretty wide spread butt whooping on the field. BUT saying that all we need to do is replace the QB and we would be good is skipping alot of facts that happened in the game and certainly thats not the sole answer either...again I know he won a SB 10 years ago but that niners team did the same thing to Rodgers the next week because his trenches got beat up also.....I would still take Rodgers over Dak but I also can see he lost to the same team with what most consider a better team around him at the time.
We’d all love to have Rodgers of Mahomes, etc. But we dont.

And since we don’t we should be focusing more on building a defense like SF.

Either need an Elite QB or Defense. Right now we have neither.

Have we had enough of a QB to build around like most of the league has to without an Elite QB. I think it’s arguable. But we definitely haven’t had that caliber of defense.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
For what it is worth you can not make 40 million as the QB and be a "scape goat". He is the highest paid most important member of the team. Like it or not he is the single most important contributor to our success by a wide margin. A scapegoat is defined as someone who is blamed for the mistakes of others. If Dak is fantastic we will be just fine. If Dak is an average joe we will probably stink. It is time for Dak to put on his big boy pants and get the job done. No more pee pee in his panties during cruch time like last years playoffs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
For what it is worth you can not make 40 million as the QB and be a "scape goat". He is the highest paid most important member of the team. Like it or not he is the single most important contributor to our success by a wide margin. A scapegoat is defined as someone who is blamed for the mistakes of others. If Dak is fantastic we will be just fine. If Dak is an average joe we will probably stink. It is time for Dak to put on his big boy pants and get the job done. No more pee pee in his panties during cruch time like last years playoffs.

Sure he needs to shoulder the expectations that come with it...but it wont erase the fact that he is one player on a 53 man roster that has 10 other players on the field everytime a legal play runs on offense...which is why again i will say..if you replace him and only him in last years playoff game....whomever you replace him with would not move the needle in that game enough to make up for how bad the other players on the field got trucked....Absolutley Dak needs to play better in that game...but without fixing the trenches it would just be plugging in another QB and watching the trenches get wrecked still. Again if the defense was stonewalling the niners that would be one thing..the oline and Dline got worked and that never spells playoff win.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Sure he needs to shoulder the expectations that come with it...but it wont erase the fact that he is one player on a 53 man roster that has 10 other players on the field everytime a legal play runs on offense...which is why again i will say..if you replace him and only him in last years playoff game....whomever you replace him with would not move the needle in that game enough to make up for how bad the other players on the field got trucked....Absolutley Dak needs to play better in that game...but without fixing the trenches it would just be plugging in another QB and watching the trenches get wrecked still. Again if the defense was stonewalling the niners that would be one thing..the oline and Dline got worked and that never spells playoff win.

I was at that game. It was a one possession loss that I believe Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, etc., would have won. Dak missed several wide open receivers multiple times. Now, that's not to say that he wasn't playing hurt or something and can't improve, but I believe an elite QB would have overcome the deficiencies of the rest of the team and won that game. I think Dak has shown the potential to be elite and also seems to continuously improve, but he also has a bad habit of falling off against good teams and at the wrong time. There is certainly some truth to the notion that Dak puts up the majority of his gaudy stats against garbage opponents. Hopefully his poor play last year was due to injury because again, he's shown that he can make the big time, precise throws. He just doesn't do it consistently. So, here's to hoping.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Well Dak doesn't play football by himself.... its a team game. Dak has a damn good winning percentage as a starting quarterback tho!!

Maybe you can answer this question for me.... how does such a boring quarterback like Dak put such an exciting quarterback like Romo into retirement??? I guess boring ain't TOO bad huh...
How did dak take the job over? The other guy broke his clavicle.

The better question is How is dak gonna keep the job?

He’s on track to be a backup flacco type. Defenses do not fear the abilities of dak Prescott. He isn’t dynamic.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I was at that game. It was a one possession loss that I believe Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, etc., would have won. Dak missed several wide open receivers multiple times. Now, that's not to say that he wasn't playing hurt or something and can't improve, but I believe an elite QB would have overcome the deficiencies of the rest of the team and won that game. I think Dak has shown the potential to be elite and also seems to continuously improve, but he also has a bad habit of falling off against good teams and at the wrong time. There is certainly some truth to the notion that Dak puts up the majority of his gaudy stats against garbage opponents. Hopefully his poor play last year was due to injury because again, he's shown that he can make the big time, precise throws. He just doesn't do it consistently. So, here's to hoping.

Serious question, did anything that happened all game make you think we were hanging with the niners? Again i get how the game ended but lets remember it took the niners getting cute late in the game with passing the ball to even get there....and at no point was I watching that game thinking "Man we got a 80 yard drive in us"...they wrecked our OL and DL all game. And again Rodgers got to play them at home the next week with what most people consider a better team than Dallas and they did the same to him....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Dak is not worth what we’re paying him possibly that’s a grave error on our owner for not recognizing his talent level .

But we had some of the same fans bashing Dak on his Rookie contract. His new contract is just a talking point .

My hunch is Dak is somewhere in between and we probably just over paid. I’m sure all the bashing would be diminished if we’d of paid him appropriately. Lol

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If Dak is not worth what we’re paying him possibly that’s a grave error on our owner for not recognizing his talent level .

The measure of worth for a QB in the NFL is a ship that has sailed already...I think its crazy there are still people who dont think another team would pay Dak that money right now to change the QB situation they have....and they believe that if we somehow had a cheap QB we would then have a 49 defense all the sudden and be able to run the ball and play defense with low QB play and make it back to the NFCCG....If only we had passed on that 4th round pick or then not paid a winning QB the contract..Jerry would have done those other things because he has done that before ...right?

GINeric

Reaction score
How did dak take the job over? The other guy broke his clavicle.

The better question is How is dak gonna keep the job?

He’s on track to be a backup flacco type. Defenses do not fear the abilities of dak Prescott. He isn’t dynamic.

Romo's clavicle healed.... Dak took his job. As far as what track he's on, remains to be seen. Now you said Dak isn't dynamic, that's cool. Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, and many others were "dynamic" quarterbacks.... how many "dynamic" superbowls did they win???

Do I have to remind you of the many quarterbacks who WEREN'T "dynamic" and won superbowls???? You don't have to be a dynamic quarterback to win.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

You do know Chiefs drafted a WR in first round after getting rid of their #1 and signed two other WRs in FA.