Twitter: Helman's Top 4 Rookies at Camp

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why should a 7th round pick rookie QB be poached? Particularly this year?

They didn't want him during the draft, there's nothing to see in terms of tape since then, and he won't even get the minimal training camp for the new team. They wouldn't pick him during the draft when they could give him a training camp, but now they want him on their 53? Seems unlikely.

Every year, lots of people worry about players getting poached. Dinucci should be extremely low risk, and should be lower priority than players drafted higher. Meaning all draft picks.
New England was 1 of many teams that held him in high regard as a prospect. Thats a fact. Dont believe me, just wait what happens ...we will keep him on the 53. MM didnt draft him to only see him get stolen from us. He's a QB expert and will try to develop him. He has many tools and has the it factor. If MM can help hone that, we may have something down the road.Hes not a scrub like you portend him to be.

quickccc

Reaction score
MM will carry 3 QB's on the active roster. Clayton Thorson will run PS. So I see us keeping 4 in all. If we put Dinucci on the PS, someone will poach him fast. Thats why I see us keeping him on the active.

More so i feel the same about ben DiNucci.. i think they like him, he was a McCarthy pet project, i just heard a good review
on ben with his rare, limited time,..and given that dalton is on a 1 year contract, and it's too risky to expose a QB like Ben on your PS.
and you never know with this Covid, that can threatening your QB numbers, i think its a better option to preserve a 3rd QB spot on active
roster this year, too.

Rayman70

Reaction score
More so i feel the same about ben DiNucci.. i think they like him, he was a McCarthy pet project, i just heard a good review
on ben with his rare, limited time,..and given that dalton is on a 1 year contract, and it's too risky to expose a QB like Ben on your PS.
and you never know with this Covid, that can threatening your QB numbers, i think its a better option to preserve a 3rd QB spot on active
roster this year, too.
^^^ COMMON SENSE^^^

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Not trying to be Devil's Advocate, but maybe something with the new staff flipped a serviceable switch in Darian's head?

There's a fine line between blind optimism and realism..I don't think I've quite found it yet
He was serviceable last year. He just isn't special at anything. He isn't a play maker, he isn't a hitter or great tackler. You rarely notice him on the field. But he can make the right defensive calls and at least you aren't likely to see him make a big play mistake.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yep and if we stick him on the PS he will be gone within a week.
Without a doubt, esp with the expanded roster and PS format.
Good time to be a team in need of developing talent,, their will be some sharks in the water circling and waiting to sign unprotected talent this year.
I expect to see a lot of staffs under valuing certain young players due to the situation at hand, and smart FOs grabbing potential talent.

quickccc

Reaction score
well, thats the 64,000 dollar question. I am thinking as the season goes along he will get his shot via a guy being nicked up. Honestly, we are loaded at END so I just dunno. Its just a guy feel.I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some reps at linebacker in a hybrid scheme...like a TJ Watt type.For now he may start solely on special teams.

He'll play some special teams but i also see him being the 4th option as an edge rusher among the DE's
With Randy not likely to play this year - per Goodell BS, . and vet Dorace Armstrong still making no rave or impact in camp,
i can see Bradlee being a 4th option package on the nickel rush packages, dunno if it will be left or right or both
Unless Aldon and Griffin leave in FA as they are on just a 1 year deal, i can't see Anae starting role, ..and again who knows
what the Gregory issue will still be under Goodell.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Anae will shock. Dude will start. I think Diggs will also start.

I totally agree. In 2021. If Smith and Griffen have the kind of years, we are hoping they have, there is no way we can keep both, or possibly even one of them. Anae will learn, get stronger, and step right in, in 2021.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He is a rookie center,, even a seasoned vet starting center gets little mention.
We were spoiled with TFred,, one of the few that got talked about.
Rookies get notice for being just average.

Notice how CD is in every headline while Coop is not, same with Diggs and not Brown. That's just how it goes.

Sorry but you're wrong.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Rookies get notice for being just average.

Notice how CD is in every headline while Coop is not, same with Diggs and not Brown. That's just how it goes.

Sorry but you're wrong.
Im willing to bet by mid season he starts getting mentioned.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
New England was 1 of many teams that held him in high regard as a prospect. Thats a fact. Dont believe me, just wait what happens ...we will keep him on the 53. MM didnt draft him to only see him get stolen from us. He's a QB expert and will try to develop him. He has many tools and has the it factor. If MM can help hone that, we may have something down the road.Hes not a scrub like you portend him to be.

The NFL portended him as a scrub in the draft.

I guess we'll find out soon enough whether MM keeps him on the 53. I doubt it. And I expect him to make the PS after we cut him.