Twitter: Helman's Top 4 Rookies at Camp

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They mentioned Nooch a few times including the observation that he’s easily the fastest QB in camp and has one of the stronger arms. He’s wrestled the third QB snaps from Thorson and has been accurate.

Only one report but it was glowing lol

"fastest QB" - faint praise, but it's better than being slower.
"One of the stronger arms" - sounds like an NFL arm then, with Dak and Dalton to compete with.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Rookies get notice for being just average.

Notice how CD is in every headline while Coop is not, same with Diggs and not Brown. That's just how it goes.

Sorry but you're wrong.

I'd say Tyler's "saving grace" would be that rookies are allegedly not getting very many snaps, which would mean his sample size is a lot lower.

Then again, no news isn't necessarily a terrible thing? Maybe?

I'm grasping for straws at this point. Let's just chalk it up to "surgery recovery" for now and hope that Looney kills it as a starter this year.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
He was serviceable last year. He just isn't special at anything. He isn't a play maker, he isn't a hitter or great tackler. You rarely notice him on the field. But he can make the right defensive calls and at least you aren't likely to see him make a big play mistake.

I'm not going to pretend like I have enough evidence to dispute the fact that he was serviceable last year, though I thought I remember his one start(maybe vs. the Giants?)leaving a ton left to be desired.

Dallas can't have Superstars at every position, and if there's not a blatantly obvious upgrade from "serviceable", then I'm cool with riding that train.

So long as he doesn't stink up the joint this season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The NFL portended him as a scrub in the draft.

I guess we'll find out soon enough whether MM keeps him on the 53. I doubt it. And I expect him to make the PS after we cut him.
was Tom Brady a scrub? Look where he was drafted. Just sayin...Draft status means squat.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Rookies get notice for being just average.

Notice how CD is in every headline while Coop is not, same with Diggs and not Brown. That's just how it goes.

Sorry but you're wrong.

Rookies don't get noticed for being average. Some that get noticed for good play during the preseason usually end up as part of the 53. Beasley is one of them as well as Prescott.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You keep thinking that.
its actually a fact. Lots of players not drafted highly, or drafted at all become starters. That is fact. Who's to say a guy like Anae,or even Denucci won't pan out or start? If you already know that, and can see into the future, you should call the scouting dept my friend. Draft status isn't the end all be all litmus test. Sometimes its what can't be measured that matters most.

fansince68

Reaction score
Dinucci....are we caught up on the name? When as he shined in camp? I'm such a short camp, he will probably be a cut simply because he does not get the opportunity to show his wares. Most snaps go to Dak and the back up. I just don't see a late round pick on the active roster.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Anae will shock. Dude will start. I think Diggs will also start.
I think both will contribute but i doubt either start week 1. Diggs would have the best chance but i still don't see it unless injuries occur.