Help is coming, Irving, Lee and Tavon probable

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He was the 7th overall pick and he does this about once a year.

Terrance Williams used to do this, too.

I agree with you, but I think Cooper could help out the Austin dynamic in the offense.

When you have threats rushing and receiving, that is when those gadget types of plays will break for big yards. .

I think there is a good chance Austin and Jarwin are going to start showing up

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Lee: he will be included in the rotation allowing the coaches to give breathers to Jaylon and LVE. He won't be on full time as it has become clear his body can't handle the punsihment.

Austin: he's another guy defenses have to account for, if nothing else. Another deep threat who can help spread defenses and open things up in the running game.

Irving: how many practices has he had? 2 all year? No OTA's or training camp? To me, he's a non entity. Wake me up when he does something. The DT's on the field now are playing very well. Woods, Crawford and Collins are all contributing nicely.

Precisely regarding Austin. Now that we have a legit #1, our 2's and 3's can do what they're best suited for. Take the top off the defense, slants, jet sweeps, bubble screens, misderection, fakes, reverses. Just a lot more to account and prepare for. My best case scenario is a very poor mans Tyreke Hill. With our other weapons and good play calling we should be hard to stop.

dckid

Reaction score
Irving is special. Gregory coming on. This will be fun to watch.

Early 90’s Cowboy’s pressure.
I only like Irving in the Leon Lett role, play 25 plays a game and wreck havoc.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
On Irving, he's a clown but a talented clown. When you have that kind of talent, (id healthy) he could come in and play effectively and immediately.
If you noticed in the phili game, although phili D played twice as many downs than our D, the phili D esp their front 4 remained productive in the 4th q while our front 4 looked gassed and were less effective. phili was alternating it's front 4 with no let down. We need to uphold our defensive effectiveness throughout. Even with clowns if necessary.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
All three of these players if healthy and 90% + can help this team.

Sean Lee must be as close to 100% as it gets because at this point what we have put out there at LB without him has been outstanding. A rested Lee in shape is a great thing to have and this is the time of year you need depth to rotate as any. Be nice to see some packages with Lee, LVE and Jaylon out there at the same time.

Tavon Austin is the 1 player before Amari Cooper arrived to be in connection with Dak Prescott deep and I think that is 1 element where Tavon will help because teams are now going to be doing everything to stop Amari Cooper and Dak from connecting. Obviously Michael Gallup is showing signs but Dak and Gallup are still not as n sync as they need to be deep to take some attention off of Amari Cooper. Furthermore, Austin can help in the slot, gadget plays and on reverses when we see the defenses wheels are starting to fall off and we need safe yardage to keep the clock off. He's a threat to bust out all the way at anytime once there's space. Let's not forget returns where we have had basically no spark. Austin could do nothing but help in that department as well.

David Irving who has not been practicing I have no idea how he is probable but boy oh boy if he is in shape and his head is in playing then we have someone up the middle that is just going to hurt the QB in 2 ways, especially with both our outside rushers imposing on the opposition. 1. Irving gets at the QB and crashes the pocket from the interior. 2. His height and reach knocks down balls right up the middle where Qb's want to step into the pocket. The throwing lanes just not are the same for the QB when David Irving is out there. Another piece that would add to a fine rotation of Maliek Collins, Tyrone Crawford, David Irving and Antwuan Woods. This would definitely complete what would be the best front 7 in the NFL. Let's hope Big Irv is into this playoff run.

Save for the safety position, the overall depth on this defense if Lee and Irving come back is unparalleled in this league especially at this time of year.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
how big a boost would this be coming down the stretch and for the WC home game?

But who do we sit to make room?

locking this division up this week with win could make a nice time to take some snaps away from dinged guys and work in these players etc.. Smith Zeke and Martin could use some rest..

things are shaping up at the right time for once..
Where did you see that Irving is listed as probable?

Brooksey

Reaction score
Irving won't be practicing today, working with trainers. Tavon will be

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Good for depth, I don't see much else at this point.
Staff will find a way to possibly ease them in to certain sub packages.
Good to see talent returning.

erod

Reaction score
That's not what you said:

Now you want yourself distance yourself away from your gross hyperbole. As well you should.

And players are traded away all the time. The Raiders traded away the very two best players they had and helped not one, but two teams become division champions.

Good players are traded or cut all the time. Nobody's saying that Austin has proven he was worth where he was drafted. But you're the guy mistakenly and falsely calling him "useless.

He's just a guy. The NFL is full of fast guys who can make a play now and again.

His return adds no real value.

erod

Reaction score
I agree with you, but I think Cooper could help out the Austin dynamic in the offense.

When you have threats rushing and receiving, that is when those gadget types of plays will break for big yards. .

I think there is a good chance Austin and Jarwin are going to start showing up

No way should he start ahead of Gallup or Beasley. And he's a fumbler, so I'd rather not use him on punts.

btcutter

Reaction score
Irving is needed for pressure, and for just another rotation body. They get tired in there.

Lee would be a huge addition to keep the defense fresh with no drop off.

Austin adds nothing.

Austin MAY be helpful in jet sweeps and punt returns.