Henry changes that game bottom line

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We couldn't get off the stinkin field on 3rd downs the entire game.

Everyone was scared of Moss but the guy who beat us was Wes Welker in the slot.

Nate Jones... Im sorry dude but your time is up. I'd like to see some of our younger guys get a shot or Oglesby. I guarantee you Oglesby is better than Jones. He just has to be.

Saying that the match ups are what killed us.

Had Henry been in that game we would have doubled Moss with Henry and someone over the top, NEWMAN on WELKER in the slot, and Reeves on Stallworth on the outside.

You cant tell me that core of guys could have got us off the field more on 3rd downs.
---

We were down 7 going into the 4th quarter while driving the ball and Kosier killed it.

I give credit to New England but come on people are acting like Dallas didn't do anything to beat themselves.

We'll be straight in the long run from this loss.

Zman5

Reaction score
CATCH17;1715502 said:

Nate Jones... Im sorry dude but your time is up. I'd like to see some of our younger guys get a shot or Oglesby. I guarantee you Oglesby is better than Jones. He just has to be.

Had Henry been in that game we would have doubled Moss with Henry and someone over the top, NEWMAN on WELKER in the slot, and Reeves on Stallworth on the outside.

You cant tell me that core of guys could have got us off the field more on 3rd downs.
---

We were down 7 going into the 4th quarter while driving the ball and Kosier killed it.

I give credit to New England but come on people are acting like Dallas didn't do anything to beat themselves.

I hear you but NE fans could be saying the same thing with ".. if Watson/Maroney wasn't hurt blah blah blah...".

Injuries are part of the game so it is what it is.

I would like a rematch with both teams at full strength.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Maroney and Seymour were out for them.

Think they might have played better if they had them?

It works both ways.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;1715502 said:

---

Good points above......however,

I noticed NOONE is on Watson and Brady just hit him for another 3rd and long conversion......1ST DOWN

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1715515 said:
Good points above......however,

I noticed NOONE is on Watson and Brady just hit him for another 3rd and long conversion......1ST DOWN

Difference makers......woulda, coulda, shouldas............:

Anthony Henry
Terry Glenn

OH well, game over and no need to dwell any longer..........We must concern ourselves with the running game of the Vikes, as well as their front 7

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
We lost, Minn is next. Can we talk about that now? Is this what's going to happen after every loss? People will spend the week talking about what could have been?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Penalties hurt the Cowboys on both sides of the ball and those penalties left the defense out on the field. Henry would have just gotten tired too.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Henry would have been a big help no doubt but I think what might have changed the game would be DWare or N. Jones distroying Brady with their sacks rather than just pushing him and Brady falling.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;1715502 said:

---

Hey-without Fergy, Glenn, < 100% Newman/Ellis, and Henry, we ARE 5-1. Look at teams like Seattle, they are DECIMATED with injuries-to me, we are in GOOD shape compared to teams like them.

Sorry-but I'm not complaining. Let's move on to Minny.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
It's not like Henry is known as a great cover guy vs. speed WR's. He is better against the bigger more physical type of WR's. I think Stallworth and Welker would have eaten him alive.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
CATCH17;1715502 said:

---

Sure Henry would have changed the outcome of the game. It would have been 31 to 27 or something like that. :D I don't think very many teams could have beaten NE in THAT game but Henry might have made the score closer.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Hostile;1715509 said:

It works both ways.

I think our missing players were more costly in this game than theirs were. Would they have run the ball more if Maroney was in the game? If so, then I wish he would have played. And I don't think Seymour would have had a huge impact in the game. We hardly tried to run, and it's unlikely he would have gotten a sack (he averages less than five a season). It's not like we were exploiting or tryng to exploit their defensive line.

On the other hand, Henry would have greatly helped the one weakness in our defense that the Patriots attacked -- Newman would have been covering Welker in the slot. And a healthy Glenn would have helped our offense, both early in the game, when we couldn't move the ball, and late in the game, when we were passing to try to catch up.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Henry will be healthy when we meet them in the Super Bowl.

So will Terry Glenn.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think we have a ray of hope this season. If we didn't have Tank and Glenn coming in and Henry had played, I wouldn't feel too optimistic about us beating the Patriots next time around. However, no telling what the impact of Glenn, Henry or Tank might be against the Patriots. I'm sure it will help us in the NFC.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The fact that we should have had Newman on Welker, plus all of the mistakes we made give me confidence that, if we do meet New England in the Super Bowl... we will have a chance to beat them in the game that matters the most.

We can do it. Brady was absolutely on fire last Sunday. He was nearly perfect. It would be difficult to be that perfect again if they play us.

Take Welker out with Newman, correct mistakes we made and we have a chance.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
03EBZ06;1715526 said:
Henry would have been a big help no doubt but I think what might have changed the game would be DWare or N. Jones distroying Brady with their sacks rather than just pushing him and Brady falling.
Thanks for making this point. What in the heck were our guys thinking? Are they so in awe of Brady that they weren't willing to lay the wood on him? Nate's excuse was that he didn't know that Brady still had the ball, but once he realized it, he was supposed to hit the big gorilla with all he had (to paraphrase Jimmy Johnson). I don't want them to injure anyone on purpose, but my goodness, this is football. Lay a (legal) hit on the opposing QB every chance you get!!! Brady wasn't even sore after the game. What a shame.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hostile;1715509 said:

It works both ways.

In all honesty there isn't a RB out there that really scares me with our D.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1715629 said:
I think our missing players were more costly in this game than theirs were. Would they have run the ball more if Maroney was in the game? If so, then I wish he would have played. And I don't think Seymour would have had a huge impact in the game. We hardly tried to run, and it's unlikely he would have gotten a sack (he averages less than five a season). It's not like we were exploiting or tryng to exploit their defensive line.

On the other hand, Henry would have greatly helped the one weakness in our defense that the Patriots attacked -- Newman would have been covering Welker in the slot. And a healthy Glenn would have helped our offense, both early in the game, when we couldn't move the ball, and late in the game, when we were passing to try to catch up.

Thank you.

At the end of the day Welker was the guy who beat us and kept our D on the field and helped them move the chains.

We had the worst mismatches ever.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1715629 said:

Possibly more costly. I could argue that the best player missing for either team is Seymour. I could also argue that their depth at D-line makes it less of an impact than Henry's absence is.

My point is that we played short handed due to injuries, but so did they. I don't agree with them asking for Watson. They had Watson, he got hurt during the game.

Maroney could have (probably would have) run the ball more effectively. Glenn could have (probably would have) made a difference in our passing game.

It's all subjective. I think we can beat that team. But to do it we have to improve in some areas. Thankfully I think we can.