Henson, Romo ...Bill

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
Maybe so, but you're talkin' 2-3 years down the road. In that length of time, we'd be better off drafting a qb next year, someone's who has started for 2-3 years in college. The odds would be better in our favor of doing this instead of betting the farm on a guy who has played more baseball than football.

We are talking 2 to 3 years even with a drafted QB most do not come in starting right off the bat. I would agree that Henson needs to show real progress and we will soon find out if all the work he has put in this off-season has made a difference. I neither claim him as a franchise QB or a bust at this point there is not enough info to go by

aikemirv

Reaction score
The part you guys are forgetting about this whole thing is what BP says to Henson when they are not in front of the public eye. Parcells hates the media and always has and I would not put it past him to just throw stuff out there to frustrate them and give them little tidbits to throw them off his true course. He could tell Henson to just ignore everything BP says to the media because it is all posturing anyway.

You never know what BP says to Henson in private so all this speculation of who he like better is just ridiculous IMO. You can theorize all you want, but it is well documented that Parcells is the one that brought Henson in here, and that he is very familiar with his father and family and his career. If there was something in Henson's personality that BP did not like , he would have known about it long before he was ever brought here.

Much todo about nothing!!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
kartr said:
Exactly. And that's why we need better options than what we have now. What if we give Henson 2-3 years and he bombs out, then we're talking about still looking for a qb in 2010.

You might actually have very good points if you just quit it with pining away for Quincy act.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
kartr said:
Exactly. And that's why we need better options than what we have now. What if we give Henson 2-3 years and he bombs out, then we're talking about still looking for a qb in 2010.

Kartr...I'm not against "better options" if they are available. But you said yourself on many occasions that Quincy was a young QB who was "only in his 4th year" and that we should have continued to give him more time to develop.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds to me like you want to totally write Henson off (after only 2 and 1/2 quarters of play :eek: ) and start looking for the next guy already.

To be consistent, I think you should afford Henson at least the same benefit of the doubt you keep giving Carter even to this day.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
kartr said:
MIke Sherman clearly said that they had no interest in signing Henson before his workout. A lot of teams were interested,but not willing to give up a day one pick for a long range project.

Not true at all, Henson had the leverage to force a trade where he wanted. All he had to do was say No to trade and he was going back into draft. Its possible Houston had better trade offers but Henson nixed them (Buffalo I know was one of the interested teams))

In many ways Henson screwed himself and my guess was he thought Dallas with Qball and Hutch was his best place to start. (He missed on Romo:))

He's getting 6th round money.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Personally, I think Parcells is getting away with a little hostile posturing. He wants Henson and Romo to duke it out until one of them emerges as a potential candidate for a franchise QB.

He'll do whatever it takes to get a rise out of them and it seems, as to the public anyway, that he's belittling them.

It's probably just a wait-and-see thing but I believe Parcells has a plan and it's being well-executed. We just have to wait and see who deals the crippling blow to who.

Tristan

Reaction score
If Romo played for the Commanders, I would be Happy. If Henson was with the Commanders, I would be upset. "HIS TIME WILL COME"

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Thats nice and all - but Bears game was telling.....

not really...it was 1/2 a game Nors...dont make me go back and get some of the game logs from Aikman's first yr

David

Waffle

Reaction score
Tristan said:
If Romo played for the Commanders, I would be Happy. If Henson was with the Commanders, I would be upset. "HIS TIME WILL COME"

And you base this opinion on what????

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
not really...it was 1/2 a game Nors...dont make me go back and get some of the game logs from Aikman's first yr

David

Avoid the issue - he's not ready to run an NFL offense.

Don't start Aikman/Henson COMPARISONS. This will not end happy for you. Name All QB's that struggle as Rookie QB's that go on to win 3 SB's? In fact name the other Rookie starters that have won 3 Lombardi's and then name all the pedigree dudes that faded away and did not...... then make that a % - thanks

I could easily start a Hutch/Henson rant.

Waffle

Reaction score
Nors said:
Name All QB's that struggle as Rookie QB's that go on to win 3 SB's?

That's really a trick question. How many QBs period have gone on to win 3 SBs? Four? (Bradshaw, Aikman, Brady, Montana)

To answer your original question though, Bradshaw is the only guy that comes to mind.

Nors said:

Please don't. We haven't seen near enough from Henson to start comparing him to Hutch. I'm with you on Romo, but not at Henson's expense.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Some rookie QBs first game and first start numbers:

For those who have the Carter/Henson double standard,

Carter 24 ATT, 10 COMP, 38 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 Fum

Henson 18 ATT, 10 COMP, 78 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM

Vick 16 ATT, 4 COMP, 32 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 FUM

Rivers 8 ATT, 5 COMP, 33 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 FUM, he does not have a game started yet, but his 1 game played is extremely similar to Henson vs BAL

Ramsey 77 ATT, 41 COMP, 588 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INTs, 1 Fum

Eli Manning 46 ATT, 20 COMP, 228 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 1 FUM

Harrington 46 ATT, 19 COMP, 223 yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs, 0 FUM

Carr 47 ATT, 16 COMP, 232 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 2 FUM

Boller 60 ATT, 29 COMP, 230 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 4 FUM

Romo 0 ATT, 0 COMP, 0 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 FUM

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Some rookie QBs first game and first start numbers:

For those who have the Carter/Henson double standard,

Carter 24 ATT, 10 COMP, 38 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 Fum

Henson 18 ATT, 10 COMP, 78 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM

Vick 16 ATT, 4 COMP, 32 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 FUM

Rivers 8 ATT, 5 COMP, 33 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 FUM, he does not have a game started yet, but his 1 game played is extremely similar to Henson vs BAL

Ramsey 77 ATT, 41 COMP, 588 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INTs, 1 Fum

Eli Manning 46 ATT, 20 COMP, 228 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 1 FUM

Harrington 46 ATT, 19 COMP, 223 yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs, 0 FUM

Carr 47 ATT, 16 COMP, 232 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 2 FUM

Boller 60 ATT, 29 COMP, 230 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 4 FUM

Romo 0 ATT, 0 COMP, 0 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 0 FUM

Thanks BZ, I thought about doing it myself but than people might have thought I was being selective with whom I made a comparison to...
all in all I would say Henson performed like a rookie QB until you factor in the layoff which makes it a slightly better than average showing

blindzebra

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Thanks BZ, I thought about doing it myself but than people might have thought I was being selective with whom I made a comparison to...
all in all I would say Henson performed like a rookie QB until you factor in the layoff which makes it a slightly better than average showing

I just find it amusing that so many ignore and write off the 6 for 6 and a TD against BAL and focus on the Chicago game. Thanksgiving, national TV, home game, with only 2 days to prepare, and a crappy game plan with zero adjustments by the coaching staff. Ya think a rookie would struggle?

Even more funny is those saying Henson stinks are the same that pimped Carter and made the inexperienced excuse left and right. It's even more hypocritical when you see Henson's numbers were much better than Carter's.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I just find it amusing that so many ignore and write off the 6 for 6 and a TD against BAL and focus on the Chicago game. Thanksgiving, national TV, home game, with only 2 days to prepare, and a crappy game plan with zero adjustments by the coaching staff. Ya think a rookie would struggle?

Even more funny is those saying Henson stinks are the same that pimped Carter and made the inexperienced excuse left and right. It's even more hypocritical when you see Henson's numbers were much better than Carter's.

I don't understand the hate...maybe the guy had something to do with their mother or something else off field because it can't be by on field performance and the 6 for 6 performance was rather impressive...

I think some want Carter or nobody...but Q had his chances...

billknows

Reaction score
Tristan said:

And I believe that say's it all... Bledsoe will get hurt and Drew will play ,..Well I personally think it will play that way

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Avoid the issue - he's not ready to run an NFL offense.

Don't start Aikman/Henson COMPARISONS. This will not end happy for you. Name All QB's that struggle as Rookie QB's that go on to win 3 SB's? In fact name the other Rookie starters that have won 3 Lombardi's and then name all the pedigree dudes that faded away and did not...... then make that a % - thanks

wow Nors, you totally missed the point...imagine that :rolleyes:

David

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I just find it amusing that so many ignore and write off the 6 for 6 and a TD against BAL and focus on the Chicago game.

The performance in Baltimore was skewed by the Baltimore defense playing back from what I understand. And since they were not really prepared for him, it could have been beginner's luck.

Thanksgiving, national TV, home game, with only 2 days to prepare, and a crappy game plan with zero adjustments by the coaching staff. Ya think a rookie would struggle?

I grant you that it appeared that we had a very poor gameplan for him, Chicago had a very simple one and he could not cope with it.

I also wish that Henson had more of a chance, but it was not like he was Superman out there. I trust Coach Parcells on this one and don't buy the idea that Romo has passed him by. It is just a mindgame.

Tristan

Reaction score
[And you base this opinion on what???]
The fact that I hate the Commanders, and the fact that I think Henson is a hell of a QB prospect and Romo is a crappy QB prospect, Genius!