Video: Herd: Does Amari Cooper trade take pressure off Dak Prescott?

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Its not Amari Cooper that takes pressure off of Dak, its the lack of a 1st round pick next year and nobody but Cooper Rush and Mike White sitting behind him on the bench.
you missed the point they wouldn't be using the first round pick on a quarterback in this next draft but the one after they would give Dak a year-and-a-half

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I love gun talk I have a Decked Out Springfield XD9 but this probably isn't the place
,,,er,,,COPY on THAT MY BROTHER!,,,, Ya,this ain't of a timely corner of conversation, Bro, nevertheless,,,,

*Following Now*:yourock:

:starspin::oldcouple::starspin:

:bow::dance::bow:
"
WOOooo -HOOooo"

:thumbup:o_O:thumbup:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
We've been complaining about the schemes and coaching for a long time.

Are you seriously unaware of how coaching, scheme, and team around will affect any player? Wow.
Again, like I said most were crying about he couldn't read defenses and was a choker. Some included me complained about Garrett's lack of game planning and adjustments, but the loudest complainers were too dumb to see the cause and the affect.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Sometimes it gets frustrating interpreting his analogies. He goes over the top with it, but somehow ties it all together for some flashy point.

817Gill

Reaction score
How many more years of this predictable garbage do they run out there to realize that you are not going to be able to build a team like they did in the 90's that had pro-bowl talent at every possible position?
Zeke, the o line, amari, d law, Sean lee, and most likely Byron Jones this year. We have a pro bowler in damn near every position group. This doesn’t even count Jaylon Smith, Dak his rookie season, and a sane David Irving. In terms of talent on paper, this team is amongst the top third of the league no doubt. Could make an argument for a top 7 overall roster.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
...I think what you will see is Zeke getting those 100+yd games. All because of Cooper presence. The pressure will ease off Dak because of good 1st & 2nd down yardage. Cooper will have to be accounted for all the time.

Sounds fine but it may take a little time for Dak and Amari to get in sync to become highly productive. Be willing to wait a bit, ok?

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think that JJ will tell JG that Cooper needs to be targeted 10 or more times a game. He'll do this to justify trading the 1st round pick for him, they'll be no more "I just throw to the open guy" even when Amari is single covered.

Yay! We got a new Dez to endlessly force the ball to!

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I think everyone is underestimating having a true number 1 type guy that can run routes. Dez was great in his prime but he had trouble getting open cause he was never a great route runner.

Think of the best wr in football they are all guys that run great routes. It’s a skill that a receiver can still rely on once they lose their speed.

Aside from the physical ability cooper runs precise routes. Only other guy we have that does that is Beasley and dak finds him.

links18

Reaction score
you missed the point they wouldn't be using the first round pick on a quarterback in this next draft but the one after they would give Dak a year-and-a-half

I didnt miss the point. Not having a first round pick next year and suggesting they think the problem with the offense was the receivers takes immediate pressure off of Dak. He also has nobody behind him on the bench. Dak is safe for a year and a half.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I just noticed your avatar I'm jealous that is a sweet custom Glock maybe I'll put my gun as my avatar but it doesn't look like that
Ha-Ha! truth is my FRIEND ! my AVATAR is stolen from the internet,,, yessir! ,and I believe it's really a Tarsus, 'Glock' clone in .40s&w, ,,,now,while I've never been one for that striker-fire design of double action only handgun,,,it's too late,cat's outta the bag,the Norwegian / Austrian wharf rats are breeding profusely,,,& Gaston Glock craps brillianceo_O,,, with Me being a 'lefty' and john Browning's 1911 design being not all that conducive in the facilitating of the safety level for south paws,you'd think I'd be the first to have glommed right onto a Glock back in '83',,,no way BRO!
( grabbed ahold of one when they were still L.E.O. available,,,&, I hated it)
why personally,I wouldn't have one if I found it on the road( ya,,,I called the cops& made them come to my A.O. and take it away,on that one I found back up in DOVE MT.ESTATES:thumbup:) ,,,I'M just to old to compromise on certain sterling qualities I've long past become partial to & a handgun designed without a HAMMER is an aborrant unjust travesty ,loosed upon the world as a whole, in my personal orbit of thought , although, that Springfield XD model yer' sportin is a worthy piece(it was pretty tempting when that model hit& landed some GOVERNMENT procurement ,but hammerless& "plastic" never will be my "bag,BABY!")

* you've got a mighty fine handgun, my friend& anybody that Tell's you any different is full of s***:thumbup:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Zeke, the o line, amari, d law, Sean lee, and most likely Byron Jones this year. We have a pro bowler in damn near every position group. This doesn’t even count Jaylon Smith, Dak his rookie season, and a sane David Irving. In terms of talent on paper, this team is amongst the top third of the league no doubt. Could make an argument for a top 7 overall roster.
Being SQUANDERED &( I'd assume) BROWBEATEN by a LESS THAN CAPABLE COACHING ECHELON, that rules not by footballish knowledge & leadership instilling progressive capabilities into their game,,,But,,, of the pecking order in where it's rule by esteemed decree, & you suck as a player,work harder at not sucking so much,,,SHEESE (J GARRETT)

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Compare this to the 90's team, which is what they are attempting to do. When you are that stacked on every level you can be predictable. In the 90's everyone knew when Emmit was going to get the ball, couldn't stop it largely because they flat out out executed the opposition with talent. The idiot at coach thinks he has that and expects us to out physical the opposition - hence the predictable offense. Even when it isn't working they keep trying thinking it's going to be different the next time.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It should put more pressure on him. It's do or die time.

Yep. I do believe we need better offensive coaches, but I wonder how good a good QB would look in this offense. I remember when Romo had our offense putting up big numbers despite Garrett and a terrible O-line. Hopefully Dak can put it together but I have strong doubts.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This. They are setting it up now that if he fails, he’s just not very good
Yup its a test to see if they will pay him the big bucks or move on in 2020. A test that many of us think is unnecessary and costly, but I guess what is done is done now.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think everyone is underestimating having a true number 1 type guy that can run routes. Dez was great in his prime but he had trouble getting open cause he was never a great route runner.

Think of the best wr in football they are all guys that run great routes. It’s a skill that a receiver can still rely on once they lose their speed.

Aside from the physical ability cooper runs precise routes. Only other guy we have that does that is Beasley and dak finds him.

Lots of guys who can run routes aren't considered "true number one guys". Beasley, for example.

Other questions for a true number one. Does he win contested balls? Does he catch the ball consistently enough? Does he break tackles? Does he make defenders miss?

Let's assume Cooper really runs great routes. He has good speed. That really isn't enough to be a "true number 1". I'm not even talking elite.

We had another player with comparable size and speed for his time, but better route running and hands. Terry Glenn. But no one ever called him a "true number 1".

And in 2015, Hurns had numbers that were pretty comparable to Cooper's best years. Main difference was that Cooper got 130 targets, while Hurns only had 105.