Video: Herd: Does Amari Cooper trade take pressure off Dak Prescott?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yep. I do believe we need better offensive coaches, but I wonder how good a good QB would look in this offense. I remember when Romo had our offense putting up big numbers despite Garrett and a terrible O-line. Hopefully Dak can put it together but I have strong doubts.

A pure pocket passer works better for our team, *with the current coaches*. Better be able to scramble in the pocket like Romodini, though, as we don't do quick hitting routes.

Dak is a running QB, while the coaches keep trying to stuff him into the mold of a pocket passer. He looks like a pretty good QB when we let him run.

Romo is a bad example. Romo wasn't just a pocket passer, he was the OC on the field, and increasingly off the field. Kill kill kill. Per Butler, Romo was installing the weekly offensive game plan. "The coaches don't coach."

Romo made our poor coaches work because he was doing much of the coaching himself. QBs who can play OC don't grow on trees.

817Gill

Reaction score
Compare this to the 90's team, which is what they are attempting to do. When you are that stacked on every level you can be predictable. In the 90's everyone knew when Emmit was going to get the ball, couldn't stop it largely because they flat out out executed the opposition with talent. The idiot at coach thinks he has that and expects us to out physical the opposition - hence the predictable offense. Even when it isn't working they keep trying thinking it's going to be different the next time.
Yeah schemes are stuck in then 90’s but building talent hasn’t been the issue in the last 4-5 years.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Lol at y'all who think Cooper is some feared #1 WR that will change our offense. OBJ is much, much better and look how lousy the Giants are.

Defenses aren't soiling themselves now that we have Cooper.

I see the same delusion here I saw preseason. I guess it's fan hope and optimism but this trade was idiotic.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Dak here to stay for many many years to come no matter what
The delusional GM we have believes he has his franchise quarterback already.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
actually there is more pressure on Dak. He has no excuses now.

Just sad that we had to waste a #1 pick on another guy our QB won't be able to consistently use.

That was the absolute WORST place to spend our resources with Dak Prescott as our QB.

Dak is a WR killer unless you're a slot guy or a TE.

X & Z's have no chance for success with Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just sad that we had to waste a #1 pick on another guy our QB won't be able to consistently use.

That was the absolute WORST place to spend our resources with Dak Prescott as our QB.

Dak is a WR killer unless you're a slot guy or a TE.

X & Z's have no chance for success with Dak.
well, I am always a positive guy, so perhaps, now we see his short comings and go after a QB that can help the team and we have our WR group that will be good....cooper, gallup,, Austin, beasley

Reactions: CWR

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
well, I am always a positive guy, so perhaps, now we see his short comings and go after a QB that can help the team and we have our WR group that will be good....cooper, gallup,, Austin, beasley

We're stuck with Dak for next season.

They cemented that decision when the first round pick went out the window.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A pure pocket passer works better for our team, *with the current coaches*. Better be able to scramble in the pocket like Romodini, though, as we don't do quick hitting routes.

Dak is a running QB, while the coaches keep trying to stuff him into the mold of a pocket passer. He looks like a pretty good QB when we let him run.

Romo is a bad example. Romo wasn't just a pocket passer, he was the OC on the field, and increasingly off the field. Kill kill kill. Per Butler, Romo was installing the weekly offensive game plan. "The coaches don't coach."

Romo made our poor coaches work because he was doing much of the coaching himself. QBs who can play OC don't grow on trees.
I disagree.....its not about a pure pocket passer. All NFL QBs should be able to throw from the pocket, effectively and accurately. the scrambling, running, etc. are all additional skills and abilities that makes them more dangerous. If they can't pass from the pocket they will not be a good NFL QB. Dak can scramble, throw on the run a little and run a little. he can't effectively pass accurately and effectively from the pocket and thus he will always be limited and a gadget QB. outside of transitioning to a full college option scheme he will be a below average NFL QB and with him, its about his footwork mostly...he has some of the worst footwork I have seen for a 3rd year player....just down right awful

CCBoy

Reaction score
Lol at y'all who think Cooper is some feared #1 WR that will change our offense. OBJ is much, much better and look how lousy the Giants are.

I see the same delusion here I saw preseason. I guess it's fan hope and optimism but this trade was idiotic.

Not me...send Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup as a quick break zone and force defenses to bend in that direction.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Ok. We haven't had any consistent scoring threats on this offense at wr or te since we cut Dez. I think Amari will open up more plays for all of the other guys except our tes. They got a lot of snaps and targets and 1 td. Plus they make us look subpar on offense. We need more Rotation and substitution since they always get shut down at the game changing level

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Give us an avg passing oline and no scoring threats on offense and Dak has had to run for us to win.

He's programmed to run and not to throw picks so he's gonna hold the ball too long sometimes. I'm still not for sure which other te or wr or rb is gonna step up but there's no competition at te or rb like the training camp hooplah...so We need someone who can come in and catch some screens and block besides our tes.

Dak need a #2 receiver, a te, or another rb to pick up the scoring or get cut in case we wind up having to call Dez just to win the division. There's some real talent at offense and sts this year that our O can't match points. Get someone who can score and cut all that bogus 1 te te solves all our problems because he's ranked like 40th in talent. And we're not winning when he's playing

Another 5 years w a scrub te who can't score I guess

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
We have a decent wr core but mainly at slot wr. But you'll never see tavon and Beasely in the slot together or Rico an Beasely or any of the good combinations that don't involve our 1 TD a year everydown te superhero

Anybody been playing fantasy w our tes? Boy that's a bust going on 6 years

Words like serviceable are being replaced with losing now that black and white stats tell the story.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Let's just throw whomever out there every snap and use the same best 6 skilled players on offense and the best 11 on defense. This coaching staff is gone after this year and this is embarrassing to watch. I don't think we're capable of having a top offense with a te that is ranked at the bottom of scoring. But throw Amari out there and if he doesn't get decent stats and scoring it's time to Rotate

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score

Just curious... is this coming from your study of tape or from a quick glance at a stat book?

CCBoy

Reaction score
That forces Dak to consider 3 options...beyond his scope
Hardly, he knows by the defense, exactly who is his primary and then secondary read...only one should now be open. Either that or he audibles to a running play or rolls out himself...