News: Herd: Jimmy Johnson reacts to Cowboys' Week 1 loss

Tommy

Reaction score
Jimmy said Dak was a good QB. As usual anyone who offers up any criticism here come the Homers to defend.

Like they know better than Jimmy. Give me a break.

They’ll even bash Jimmy and Troy to defend their boy. C’mon Man
Jimmy Johnson is among the greatest football coaches of all time. He has proven he knows how to build a winning football team from the ground up in the college ranks and the NFL. Everyone holds his opinion in high esteem.

Until he says something that disagrees with Zoners opinion. Then he is just plain wrong.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jimmy was not talking about physically, he was talking about the style of offense you need. He said Dak is like Testaverde in that you need a very specific offense. In that you take a 5 step drop, this is read 1, this is read 2, then throw it here. Very structured, what you cant do is play sandlot ball with Dak in that you just put him out there and tell him to just run around, throw of your back foot, just ad lib and make plays ala Aaron Rogers.

Its a good point by Jimmy, Dak is not a sandlot QB that just draws up plays in the dirt and ad libs on the fly.
ROMO "))

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Hey, Jimmy, how did your #1 overall picked QB Troy Aikman look after the Great Wall of Dallas fell apart once a salary cap was put in motion during the mid 90s and key Olinemen left to other teams for more money?

ANSWER: AIKMAN SUCKED!!!

Aikman needed a precise Offense as well! If you're criticizing Dak, you are pretty much criticizing Troy as well.

PS: Jimmy praises Kosar as a QB type who could improve the play of lesser talent around him. Well, what did Bernie Kosar ever win? How many Super Bowls did he reach or win? Pfft!

Thats a good point, so i will make another one for you. Troy would have won a SB with the teams we had from 2016-2019 with the O-lines we had the receiving corps we had and the RB we had, how come Dak didn't?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson is among the greatest football coaches of all time. He has proven he knows how to build a winning football team from the ground up in the college ranks and the NFL. Everyone holds his opinion in high esteem.

Until he says something that disagrees with Zoners opinion. Then he is just plain wrong.
Right. Homers would bash G-d if he offered any criticism of Dak. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats a good point, so i will make another one for you. Troy would have won a SB with the teams we had from 2016-2019 with the O-lines we had the receiving corps we had and the RB we had, how come Dak didn't?
That’s all speculative.

But we do know this is probably as strong of supporting cast as a QB could hope for these last 4 years offensively. The OL is a little suspect compared to what we have had but there’s still 2 All Pro’s there.

Our defense is also suspect and has been throughout this process . Don’t forget during our SB runs we not only had the offense but the defense too.

But we saw Goff produce without all of the Elite supporting cast Dak has. So , it’s a valid point. One the Homers will lose .

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak looks nothing like Testaverde. Dak is much more mobile, he doesn't throw side arm passes like Mahomes I get that but I just don't see the comparison.

no he just hops and steps and throws off his back foot and many behind and into the ground when pressured.. ooh ohh the WR got finger or hand on it should have been caught crowd, right..

Daks very good QB, NOT GREAT, although hes played great at times but inconsistent to point hes just GOOD more then great most games....

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s all speculative.

But we do know this is probably as strong of supporting cast as a QB could hope for these last 4 years offensively. The OL is a little suspect compared to what we have had but there’s still 2 All Pro’s there.

Our defense is also suspect and has been throughout this process . Don’t forget during our SB runs we not only had the offense but the defense too.

But we saw Goff produce without all of the Elite supporting cast Dak has. So , it’s a valid point. One the Homers will lose .

Thats my point when Troy had a strong supporting cast he won SB's. As for D's well we had the 9th ranked D last year who only gave up 20.1 PPG and in 2018 we had the 7th ranked D who only gave up 20.3 PPG in 2017 we had the 8th ranked D that gave up 20.8 PPG and in 2016 we had the 14th ranked D but we only gave up 19.1 PPG,...does everything have to be perfect for Dak to win?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team.../2/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/asc

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak doesn't turn it over because he won't throw it. He just takes the sack or dumps it to the back. A lot.

Amazing because Dak was only sacked 28 times last year.

DUH.....................I didnt know that!!!! :lmao::lmao2:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Really? You truly believe that? Troy Aikman, his two left feet and his concussion-prone self? lol. You make me laugh. Troy wouldn't have lasted with the many scrambles and hits Dak has endured the last 4 years. This Oline is not anywhere as good as the one Troy had during them Super Bowl years of the 90s.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If only Immy and Erry could have gotten along.

If only Jimmy didn't get bored with a job after taking a team as far as it could go. I think Jerry could have not said what he said and Jimmy still would have left, maybe not that year but soon afterward. He was a coaching nomad.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo did not play in the same offense.
He played with Linehan for like 5 minutes and got hurt. In those 4 games he averaged 221 yards per game passing.

Romo's stats were built in 2 minute offense and his penchant for calling audibles.
Romo did everything but make the right plays late to win games(with plenty of holes around him).
Sunday night Dak threw for 266 yards and ran for 30 more.
Romo averaged 219 yards per game passing for his career with 4 yards rushing per game.
Make no mistake SNF was FAR better than an average Romo game.
296 yards offense with zero turnovers is quite solid.
50 more for the called back OPI pass and it would have been a plus night for anyone not named Mahomes.

And he drove them down the field for the game tying FG in the 4th quarter and the game winning bomb in the final drive of the game and was robbed. And all that with bad Oline play, a defense that couldnt stop the run, and bad coaching.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Really? You truly believe that? Troy Aikman, his two left feet and his concussion-prone self? lol. You make me laugh. Troy wouldn't have lasted with the many scrambles and hits Dak has endured the last 4 years. This Oline is not anywhere as good as the one Troy had during them Super Bowl years of the 90s.

Troy had a top 5 defense and a great HC when he won it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And the best Oline in the NFL, along with the best RB, best WR, one of the best TEs and other key weapons.

Aikman was the poster child for needing and having everything perfect around him. All the guy had to do was throw for 150 yards and a TD and not turn the ball over. Slant to Irvin for a FD here, curl to Novacek there, Maybe a post to Harper once in blue moon. Oh, and hand the ball off the Emmitt Smith about 30 times a game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Aikman was the poster child for needing and having everything perfect around him. All the guy had to do was throw for 150 yards and a TD and not turn the ball over. Slant to Irvin for a FD here, curl to Novacek there, Maybe a post to Harper once in blue moon. Oh, and hand the ball off the Emmitt Smith about 30 times a game.
Exactly my point. Jimmy sounds like an idiot bashing Dak in this recent video since he's pretty much describing what kind of player Troy was.