News: Herd: Jimmy Johnson reacts to Cowboys' Week 1 loss

khiladi

Reaction score
Jimmy said Dak was a good QB. As usual anyone who offers up any criticism here come the Homers to defend.

Like they know better than Jimmy. Give me a break.

They’ll even bash Jimmy and Troy to defend their boy. C’mon Man

Jimmy gonna say he sucks? What else does it mean that do is a one-read QB and can’t process the field? This isn’t college anymore either...

khiladi

Reaction score
Hence, the reason the Cowboys throw so many short come back routes. It's not because the coaches like the routes. Its because there is less for the QB to have to process.

Cooper has to tell Dak to throw it over the top, because the CB was sitting on the routes against the Eagles two years ago. The only thing Dak has learned after all these years is to throw the go route every once in awhile when he’s got that single man coverage...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Hey, Jimmy, how did your #1 overall picked QB Troy Aikman look after the Great Wall of Dallas fell apart once a salary cap was put in motion during the mid 90s and key Olinemen left to other teams for more money?

ANSWER: AIKMAN SUCKED!!!

Aikman needed a precise Offense as well! If you're criticizing Dak, you are pretty much criticizing Troy as well.

PS: Jimmy praises Kosar as a QB type who could improve the play of lesser talent around him. Well, what did Bernie Kosar ever win? How many Super Bowls did he reach or win? Pfft!

Wow now even Jimmy knows less about football than some forum posters on this site.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Jimmy said Dak was a good QB. As usual anyone who offers up any criticism here come the Homers to defend.

Like they know better than Jimmy. Give me a break.

They’ll even bash Jimmy and Troy to defend their boy. C’mon Man

Dak is a good quarterback and I think you can win with him. Dunno if we have the best system to suit his strengths here. Hope he won't be like Vinny was later on in his career when we caled him interceptaverde. I mean for cowboys fans :) we just cringe at that comparison although Jimmy is looking at it from another angle.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Exactly my point. Jimmy sounds like an idiot bashing Dak in this recent video since he's pretty much describing what kind of player Troy was.

Not fair to compare Troy at the end of his career to Dak in his prime. Also given that the quality of receivers Dak has compared to what Troy had at the end of his career, where at one time the only legit receiver he had was Irvin and then Irvin got injured and the cowboys never had a real number 2 after harper left.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
And why if you step back and take a deep breath , it wasn’t a bashing of Dak. Instead he was categorizing him with the comparisons.

I got that. But Cowboys fans tend to think of one thing when Vinny name is mentioned and it is his reputation for interceptions. That is why most people here probably will miss what Jimmy was saying. Well and besides they don't want to hear he rest of it either. I mean some people take dak like a religion.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Ironically his career completion percentage was lower.

How is that Ironical if Dak career completion percentage would be lower if he had played in that era of football. I mean just watch across the middle with Michael Irvin for the explanation why.

cowboyec

Reaction score
last summer before training camp...colin said Dak was russell wilson.
now he's being compared with testeverde.
i cant keep up with all these comparisons.
so i won't.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not fair to compare Troy at the end of his career to Dak in his prime. Also given that the quality of receivers Dak has compared to what Troy had at the end of his career, where at one time the only legit receiver he had was Irvin and then Irvin got injured and the cowboys never had a real number 2 after harper left.
End of Troy's career? Does that mean from 1996 - 2000??? Those 5 years sure seem like a lot of "end of his career" years. Then again, moving the goal posts and making excuses from the Dak haters is the norm around here.

cern

Reaction score
Cooper has to tell Dak to throw it over the top, because the CB was sitting on the routes against the Eagles two years ago. The only thing Dak has learned after all these years is to throw the go route every once in awhile when he’s got that single man coverage...
That's on Garrett, not dak.

Blitzen

Reaction score
He was 5th in PFF, 9th in QBR.
Again, you can blame a QB for every loss if you are brain dead.
Or you can fix the actual problems like the 3rd worst OL performance. The bottom 5 LB performance.
The TE dropping 2 balls.
The coach failing to tie the game when he could.

I'm not sure who needs to hear this but Dak was easily your highest graded Cowboy Sunday.
It is no more his fault the team lost than it is Zeke's.
The Defense allowed a zillion plays and the offense could not block at all.

It is scary because La'el is out a couple more games and they don't have a TE on the roster that can catch.
They might need to totally change the offense to just not play TE except for short yardage.
Defensively, LVE is down for the count possibly for ever and Jaylon looked basura at Will which makes sense given it is a movement/speed LB position.

This team has real problems and we are going to find out how good Mike McCartty is real quick with this early stretch.

Maybe it's best that Dak finds a different team that does not have all these problems that are holding back his true greatness? If you really love someone, set them free. Don't make him endure the other crappy teammates sullying his awesomeness.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maybe if Jimmy says it people will listen.

You get called a lot of things on this forum for pointing out what Dak is as a player and how he isn’t worth the deal he wants.

Dak is a good solid QB but paying him that kind of money will destroy our Super Bowl chances and this game is about winning the Super Bowl.

If Andy Dalton was the QB of this team you aren’t seeing a massive drop off at the position.
:clap:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Does Myhomes have "precision"? Does Ro(d)gers have it?

What team has full "precision". I am asking cause I don;t know...not because I'm trapping you.
He didn’t mention Mahomes, but he did mention Rodgers and said he can “just make plays”.

And didn’t say either had precision. He said Dak needs a precision offense(like the more gifted Testaverde) with less drop back and read and he said McCarthy will bring that.

Which is unlike Bernie And some others who could just make plays.

I don’t think he said full precision. He said Dak needs more of it to succeed.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yet he was the most accurate deep ball passer last year? Anything else?
Doesn't mean he's going through his progressions. If fact, on most deep throws QB's don't really go through their progression because they have to keep an eye on what the safety is doing.

BTW
His yardage totals have nothing to do with him going through his progressions.