Here is a current image of Prescott’s ankle

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Though his ankle may still be swollen as his recovery continues the only conclusion we can make from this photo is he's winning off the field with Natalie.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I broke my ankle playing basketball when I was in HS. It wasn’t as bad as Dak’s injury. The scar tissue to this day makes the ball of my ankle look bigger- even swollen. But I was fine in about 6 mos. The tissue and ligaments around the ankle tend to look different after an injury like that. Not a big deal IMO.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
They both are. Water is good when you aren’t as far in your rehab. And can’t put as much weight on it.

sands good because it’s not a flat surface so it moves with the contours if your feet.

If you think about it. Our feet and ankles aren’t designed to be walking around on perfectly flat surfaces all day. But we do.

My understanding is that because sand doesn’t provide a solid/flat platform but a rather soft/pliable one that it’s actually better for strengthening the small muscles in your foot and ankle because it causes your body to constantly do small adjustments to maintain balance.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
How do we know it isn't an old photo from before the injury???

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I broke my ankle playing basketball when I was in HS. It wasn’t as bad as Dak’s injury. The scar tissue to this day makes the ball of my ankle look bigger- even swollen. But I was fine in about 6 mos. The tissue and ligaments around the ankle tend to look different after an injury like that. Not a big deal IMO.
Broke mine playing soccer as a kid.
I recovered far faster than I did from a severe ankle sprain in basketball.
3 months I was playing soccer(I played goalie the first half the season) and baseball again.
But that severe ankle sprain took me out, lol. It lasted like 5 months before I felt normal(quick, explosive) again.

Played football games same week with a broken finger and also a broken jaw.

But once I tore my achilles and that was a full year of sitting at a window nearly crying... the worst.

blueblood70

Reaction score

NO BOOT FOR A PICTURE..

right,

that marketing its in response to all the posts about his cleanup..dude needs that soft cast boot on at all times when upright..sorry this was just for the picture to make an attempt to squash rumors..doesnt mean thing

when i saw post subject thought we wer egoig to see a CT and MRI image LOL

this is nothng.

Aven8

Reaction score
Temperature in DFW is 3 right now and he’s on the beach..........smh......

sunalsorises

Reaction score
If he is on Zeke's beach training program as it appears then he'll be ready to play by week one no problem.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's pretty swollen, but that's to be expected! I broke my ankle 10 years ago and now that one is bigger than the other, but there's no negative effect.

I wish him a speedy recovering and hope it stands up to the intense training he'll need to do.

Same here. Even just from a bunch of bad sprains from hoops, its bigger than the other.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak got engaged and Dak Hater’s are focused on ankle

Dak Haters have a weird fetish....Ankle

phildadon86

Reaction score
My understanding is that because sand doesn’t provide a solid/flat platform but a rather soft/pliable one that it’s actually better for strengthening the small muscles in your foot and ankle because it causes your body to constantly do small adjustments to maintain balance.
You are correct. Running in sand is a much better workout than jogging on pavement. When I used to train for soccer, playing on the beach was always better.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The overanalyzing of Dak is out of hand. He ain't that good for all of this, and I'm not hating one bit.