Here's Jerry's chance to go all in

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're probably right but the amount he's going to lose in revenue with a disgruntled fan base would probably pay the extra money for belichick.

He could use his best PT Barnum and sell this like nothing else it could totally mask that horrible loss and give the whole fan base hope
A multibillionaire does not need the excuse of paying someone to coach for them. I am critical of Jones but do understand he does not make his decisions based on what it will cost him.

For example, $20 million a year now, out of his own pocket, is chicken feed. Jones may have been more of a tightwad for paying coaches millions when he was a multi-millionaire but he is long pass that self-limitation.

Mark

Reaction score
No salary cap on coaches Jerry can pay him as much as he wants I mean if Daks worth 50 million.
What's a guy worth that one six super bowls what's the price of that knowledge I think 35 million would get him
I'm consistently amazed at how NFL salaries (and pro sports salaries in general) have spiraled out of control, with absolutely no tie to conventional inflation.

By way of reference: Roger Staubach's peak salary with the Cowboys was $160K/yr. in 1979, which is the rough equivalent of $700K/yr. today.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Bill was a head coach for over 30 years and won 6 rings as a head coach. He's absolutely not going to demote himself to DC.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Do whatever necessary to sign Bill belichick as defensive coordinator

The opening is here the man is more than capable Jerry has the money to make anything happen it would light a fire under the fan base.

Probably go a long way to get the bad taste out of the fans mouth from the playoff loss.

Does he put his money where his mouth is and make this happen your thoughts
I would be ok with BB as our defensive coordinator.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
A multibillionaire does not need the excuse of paying someone to coach for them. I am critical of Jones but do understand he does not make his decisions based on what it will cost him.

For example, $20 million a year now, out of his own pocket, is chicken feed. Jones may have been more of a tightwad for paying coaches millions when he was a multi-millionaire but he is long pass that self-limitation.
Jerry isn't a multimillionaire. Jerry is a multi billionaire.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I would be ok with BB as our defensive coordinator.
That's what I was thinking since we lost Quinn we could do a lot worse than bringing arguably the best coach of all time that is won the most super bowls on to our coaching staff

Certainly think it would be a shot in the arm to the fan base and for some reason Quinn just doesn't get it done in playoff games and belichick has a proven track record so what do we got to lose really other than Jerry's money which doesn't bother me in the least cuz he has tons of it

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
And we wonder why people call Dallas Cowboy fans delusional. Wake up....snap-snap-we don't have the GM to jump all in. Even if he does. He'll jump in with the wrong lifeguards, and we'll all still drown......Jerry and Stephen don't know how to build a winner. 27 years should have taught us all that.

Blackrain

Reaction score
And we wonder why people call Dallas Cowboy fans delusional. Wake up....snap-snap-we don't have the GM to jump all in. Even if he does. He'll jump in with the wrong lifeguards, and we'll all still drown......Jerry and Stephen don't know how to build a winner. 27 years should have taught us all that.
That's why you need a guy like belichick on the staff because he has proven that he knows how to build a winner and not just one time by accident many times

Polkton31

Reaction score
Or, Jerry could throw a boatload of money at BB to be the HC, bring Vrabel with him to be DC, and let BB hire his own OC. Once all parties agree, fire MM.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Do whatever necessary to sign Bill belichick as defensive coordinator

The opening is here the man is more than capable Jerry has the money to make anything happen it would light a fire under the fan base.

Probably go a long way to get the bad taste out of the fans mouth from the playoff loss.

Does he put his money where his mouth is and make this happen your thoughts
:laugh: :laugh: Maybe 500 million will get the job done. Otherwise, Jerry will sell the team before Billy takes a DC job.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You guys have to let go of that idea. Belichick isn't going to take a DC role on any team. :laugh:

CWR

Reaction score
Why would he want to do that from being a head coach? I'll call make him assist head coach
He's a legendary HC. Anyone thinking he would settle for a coordinator job is kidding themselves. It's not who hires BB, it's who does he want to work for, and what GM will give him the strongest voice.