Here's what you're rooting for now

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Didn’t have to turn this season around. It could have been another building brick for defense .

Lamb certainly didn’t turn the season around.
I’d rather have lamb than a bust though. Plus through the first 5 rounds they took 4 defensive players. You can’t get much more defensive heavy of a draft than that.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The remaining schedule is so weak, we could easily win our way out of the top 10. That would be bad considering how much we need playmakers on defense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
For every QB coming out in this draft to shine. Lawrence and Fields are probably givens at the top 2 picks but the more QB's like Trask, Wilson, Jones and Lance look good they entice teams to move up and take QB's off the board and move what this team needs down the board and within reach.

Six QB's are thought to be 1st rounders in this draft and where they fall is critical to the Cowboys, now in 5th but with 4 other 4-9 teams so they could actually win their way out of the top 10.

That might not affect some teams but this team needs their 1st rounder to start from day 1. And he needs to be a necessity pick, not a luxury pick like this last draft.
chances are even if 6 QBs are rated as #1, only a couple of them will work out at best....none of them are 100% once in a generation type QBs....they are all flawed, but have "potential"....we have seen QBs with high potential fail and those who were graded lower succeed.....there is a bit of luck involved as well (but doing your homework, defintley betters the odds).

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
For every QB coming out in this draft to shine. Lawrence and Fields are probably givens at the top 2 picks but the more QB's like Trask, Wilson, Jones and Lance look good they entice teams to move up and take QB's off the board and move what this team needs down the board and within reach.

Six QB's are thought to be 1st rounders in this draft and where they fall is critical to the Cowboys, now in 5th but with 4 other 4-9 teams so they could actually win their way out of the top 10.

That might not affect some teams but this team needs their 1st rounder to start from day 1. And he needs to be a necessity pick, not a luxury pick like this last draft.

Dak is going to be the starting QB of the cowboys in 2021 . The team needs O-line and D-line.

You have to block for your QB and put pressure on the other one as well as stop the run. Without that it does not matter who plays QB.

GMO415

Reaction score
raw

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@CouchCoach Yes, the Cowboys have no shot at Lawrence or Fields. Yes, the draft will then center around Trask, Jones, BYU Wilson, and NDSU Lance.

I personally would love for the Cowboys to get Trask or Jones in the second. Wilson had a cake schedule so big question mark. Lance is an even bigger question mark.

So many teams looking for QBs will drive the price up.

I would be happy with Surtain in the first and Mac Jones in the second. Assuming Dak won’t be back because he wants too much money.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas tried to improve up the middle at DT.
They signed McCoy and he got injured, Poe was a bust, but they tried, everyone seemed to like this at the time.
They drafted Gallimore, which everyone loved also. Hill was coming around even though he was still the whipping boy many fans need to have.

If McCoy was healthy, Hill did not get injured, and Gallimore looks to be a keeper still. Maybe it turns out different. I still want that DT in the draft. But I will wait and see what happens in the off season and draft before I am too critical.

Hill will be back, Gallimore has had valuable playing time. McCoy may even be back. Crawford and Woods are gone, or should be and replaced with FA's and the draft.

Lamb was a no brainer pick. You do not pass up on talent like that. He was not a luxury pick, he was a great pick. And I guarantee that if they passed on Lamb, took Chaisson, and Lamb went to the Eagles and say they are in 1st place. It would be another onslaught of the TJ Watt vs. Taco, or This player vs. that player for years on end, as it is now.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’d rather have lamb than a bust though. Plus through the first 5 rounds they took 4 defensive players. You can’t get much more defensive heavy of a draft than that.
I like Lamb, but drafting a WR assured us of yet another mediocre season. Since I didn't think we were ready to step it up, the Lamb pick was fine. However, we now must stop making such picks.

Diggs and Galley were great picks. Both keepers. RR is a STer/backup type. Which is fine for the 4th round.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
So a team with the #2 passing offense and bad D takes a WR in the 1st and that's not a luxury pick?
What makes you think that picking defense would have mattered? Jaylon 2nd round, LVE 1st round, Lewis 3rd round, Chido 2nd round, Crawford 2nd round, Gregory 2nd round, Gallimore 3rd round, Lee 2nd round. All of them should be the cornerstone of this defense, all of them are unreliable. Lamb was the most sure thing available where Dallas drafted. The draft is a crap shoot. This defense should not be this bad considering the draft capital spent on it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dallas tried to improve up the middle at DT.
They signed McCoy and he got injured, Poe was a bust, but they tried, everyone seemed to like this at the time.
They drafted Gallimore, which everyone loved also. Hill was coming around even though he was still the whipping boy many fans need to have.

If McCoy was healthy, Hill did not get injured, and Gallimore looks to be a keeper still. Maybe it turns out different. I still want that DT in the draft. But I will wait and see what happens in the off season and draft before I am too critical.

Hill will be back, Gallimore has had valuable playing time. McCoy may even be back. Crawford and Woods are gone, or should be and replaced with FA's and the draft.

Lamb was a no brainer pick. You do not pass up on talent like that. He was not a luxury pick, he was a great pick. And I guarantee that if they passed on Lamb, took Chaisson, and Lamb went to the Eagles and say they are in 1st place. It would be another onslaught of the TJ Watt vs. Taco, or This player vs. that player for years on end, as it is now.
I was very glad to see us finally at least trying to build up the DL. It was a good first attempt. If we now follow it up w/ more WR's and CB's, then we know it's back to the same ol' mediocrity. We absolutely must get some middle cloggers and S's in here if we ever want to truly compete.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Lamb was a luxury pick.

3rd receiver was a need not a priority.
according to the Cowboys front office, neither was #1 WR's or Safteys, or Corner or Linebackers that can hit their gap or defensive tackles or kickers, or coaches

we draft to sell jerseys and ticket, the football does not matter

kskboys

Reaction score
What makes you think that picking defense would have mattered? Jaylon 2nd round, LVE 1st round, Lewis 3rd round, Chido 2nd round, Crawford 2nd round, Gregory 2nd round, Gallimore 3rd round, Lee 2nd round. All of them should be the cornerstone of this defense, all of them are unreliable. Lamb was the most sure thing available where Dallas drafted. The draft is a crap shoot. This defense should not be this bad considering the draft capital spent on it.
Since we haven't drafted a NT or a ballhawking type S in years, we're now up against the gun. Lamb is great, and that's fine, but at some point you have to start drafting players who improve your team. All the WR's and CB's in the world are not going to help much until we fix the DLine and S position.

conner01

Reaction score
Nobody is moving up for Trask or Jones - it's debatable whether they're even first rounders.

The real hope of a team moving up is that they think Lance is Mahomes.

Lamb wasn't a luxury pick
Wilson is the 3rd QB to me
Don’t see a team moving up to 4-5 for him but you never know
But I wouldn’t trade down too far myself
We need a day one starter

cowboyec

Reaction score
Since we haven't drafted a NT or a ballhawking type S in years, we're now up against the gun. Lamb is great, and that's fine, but at some point you have to start drafting players who improve your team. All the WR's and CB's in the world are not going to help much until we fix the DLine and S position.
i agree with you on our interior and "that poor ol' s position" as stephen said....but we are in desperate need of corners.
i'd be perfectly fine with Diggs/Surtain or Farley...then add a DT or S in the 2nd...and 3rd.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'm rooting for Micah Parsons,Penn St to be our pick personally...tho i'm fine with the pick being a CB because we need'm.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team has SO MANY NEEDS. The higher the pick is in the first also translates to higher picks throughout the draft. This is the only way to fill several needs.

The Cowboys winning out now will just be stupid and I dare anyone to challenge my fan hood!

kskboys

Reaction score
i agree with you on our interior and "that poor ol' s position" as stephen said....but we are in desperate need of corners.
i'd be perfectly fine with Diggs/Surtain or Farley...then add a DT or S in the 2nd...and 3rd.
In the 1st round, it really comes down to what position is available.

In the last draft, I at first panned the Lamb pick, but I can clearly see how it was the right pick now. However, we can't just keep taking sliding players. That's what got us Ganjory, Jayleg, Chaz Green, guys like that. Mostly, sliding players don't pan out.

cowboyec

Reaction score
In the 1st round, it really comes down to what position is available.

In the last draft, I at first panned the Lamb pick, but I can clearly see how it was the right pick now. However, we can't just keep taking sliding players. That's what got us Ganjory, Jayleg, Chaz Green, guys like that. Mostly, sliding players don't pan out.
don't disagree.

csirl

Reaction score
This is a passing league - can't win without a QB.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like Lamb, but drafting a WR assured us of yet another mediocre season. Since I didn't think we were ready to step it up, the Lamb pick was fine. However, we now must stop making such picks.

Diggs and Galley were great picks. Both keepers. RR is a STer/backup type. Which is fine for the 4th round.
It's not fine for the 4th round when the draft and dumpster diving are your only means of acquiring players.

They continue to tell themselves they draft better than they do and that justifies not signing second contract types.