Here's who's earning praise instead of Rico

Rayman70

Reaction score
lol..dont talk about cred...that's asinine. We are fans on a message board...NOT EXPERTS. Get over that fact. Jeesh..we all got views and opinions. C'mon ole fuzzy...grab a cookie.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
See, what I see as the problem with Austin is that the Rams didn't use him properly. Do you really think that Jeff Fisher knew what he was doing with him? Jeff Fisher is basically the original Jason Garrett.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rico has shown flashes in preseason and apparently while on the practice squad. Fuzzy...what I am hoping for is he is one of those players that MAYBE doesn't practice worth a flip...but when the games start,he flips a switch. SOME players are wired that way. Lets hope he's that guy,otherwise, I'm not expecting much.

you have no idea how he practices. you are making that up too. you do a lot of that it seems.

you said he did nothing. when shown to be wrong you move the goalpost to this. its base sophistry.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He scored multiple TD on long passes in the games that he played. Big plays in limited opportunities is not nothing.
preseason...and practice squad. I would love nothing more than to see him flourish in a real game. He has a shot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
you have no idea how he practices. you are making that up too. you do a lot of that it seems.

you said he did nothing. when shown to be wrong you move the goalpost to this. its base sophistry.
Is this Rico? Or is this his agent? ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
lol..dont talk about cred...that's asinine. We are fans on a message board...NOT EXPERTS. Get over that fact. Jeesh..we all got views and opinions. C'mon ole fuzzy...grab a cookie.

Actually credibility is about the only thing we have on a message board. You base your opinions on nonsense and emotion. It is what it is.

Sure we all have opinions but when your opinions are based on emotion and nonsense then that tells me your opinions are baseless and to be discarded.

Rayman70

Reaction score

How much is Rico payin you?

RS12

Reaction score
Rico Gathers is one of the more fan over-hyped guys in recent Cowboys history
I dont think he comes close to the over hype of Randy Gregory. Gregory when he finally managed to find his way on the field has one sack in 14 games. To hear some of the talk around here you'd think the Cowboys had Ferrari in the garage when it seems to more resemble a Kia.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Is this Rico? Or is this his agent? ;)

No, I am just someone that is pointing out your nonsense. You have no idea how he practices. You made that up. I'm sure his agent would do that too but critical thinking should be a part of everyone's lexicon.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
See, what I see as the problem with Austin is that the Rams didn't use him properly. Do you really think that Jeff Fisher knew what he was doing with him? Jeff Fisher is basically the original Jason Garrett.

Actually, now that I think about it, this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of Austin, is it? Considering who's coaching him now. Anyway, I don't expect us to use him often on offense as a WR. I do think that he can be an effective returner. I just hope that he's smart enough to know that it's okay to call for a fair catch. Is it boring? Yes. But our offense has a lot of weapons, and they may not need a great return. What we need is to NOT be turning it over or starting within our own 5.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Actually credibility is about the only thing we have on a message board. You base your opinions on nonsense and emotion. It is what it is.

Sure we all have opinions but when your opinions are based on emotion and nonsense then that tells me your opinions are baseless and to be discarded.
ahh..we are FANATICS...Fans for short...its all about our fandom and emotion. That's kinda why we are on here...not to disprove others wrong,but to debate and have a little fun with it. I'm not one of those dudes that will wow anyone with stats,I will leave that for others to ponder.I listen to the chatter on various message boards...do some reading and form my opinions..right or wrong. It isn't a test of our knowledge or fandom..or loyalty to a player..its about results and winning. WE NEED RESULTS FROM RICO. TIRED OF THE TALK.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No, I am just someone that is pointing out your nonsense. You have no idea how he practices. You made that up. I'm sure his agent would do that too but critical thinking should be a part of everyone's lexicon.
LMAO...critical thinking? Lord...someone takes things a little too seriously...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
ahh..we are FANATICS...Fans for short...its all about our fandom and emotion. That's kinda why we are on here...not to disprove others wrong,but to debate and have a little fun with it. I'm not one of those dudes that will wow anyone with stats,I will leave that for others to ponder.I listen to the chatter on various message boards...do some reading and form my opinions..right or wrong. It isn't a test of our knowledge or fandom..or loyalty to a player..its about results and winning. WE NEED RESULTS FROM RICO. TIRED OF THE TALK.

I think that is a fair statement, isn't it? I suppose we're just in that lull before the season, but I do want to see how improved he really is. We'll find out before too long, won't we old boy?

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm not sure Swaim would be eligible for the practice squad, and probably wouldn't be a consideration for the team anyway since he is the only TE with any real NFL experience, limited though it may be. And I don't think the Cowboys will risk exposing either Jarwin or Schultz to waivers by trying to put them on the practice squad. So in my mind, if the team decides to only keep 3 TE's on the roster Gathers is the only one the team might try to slide to the practice squad. Or they might let him go. The obvious wild card is not knowing how Gathers has progressed, but so far there hasn't been any real buzz about him.

Yeah, IMO Gathers is gone, because he’s 4th. They’ll put him on the PS, where he’ll be poached by Philly or NE or Pitt or GB. Then, THEY will develop him, and reap the benefits.

I identify with Dallas, and let me tell you why. I’ll have a yard sale, and try to sell a couch for $50. It might be worth 3X that, but I have no interest except one person at the end of the day, a casual white collar dude who sees a final peice to his basement man cave. He offers $20, even though he’s got six times that much in coffee money on a clip in his pocket. I relent, just wanting to get SOMETHING for it, and he talks a kid into loading it into his pretentious SUV. Three and half years of use later, HE sells it in his own yard sale for $200...

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think that is a fair statement, isn't it? I suppose we're just in that lull before the season, but I do want to see how improved he really is. We'll find out before too long, won't we old boy?
Yes...its definitely a lull. I want so badly for Rico to light it up...I'm hoping he's a gamer.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We all just need to see Rico do his job.If he does this, he will have a role. If not..he will go down as ANOTHER Matt Johnson...a Unicorn if you will.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah, IMO Gathers is gone, because he’s 4th. They’ll put him on the PS, where he’ll be poached by Philly or NE or Pitt or GB. Then, THEY will develop him reap the benefits.

I identify with Dallas, and let me tell you why. I’ll have a yard sale, and try to sell a couch for $50. It might be worth 3X that, but I have no interest except one person at the end of the day, a casual white collar dude who sees a final peoce to his basement man cave. He offers $20, even though he’s got six times that much in coffee money on a clip in his pocket. I relent, just wanting to get SOMETHING for it, and he talks a kid into loading it into his pretentious SUV. Three and half years of use later, HE sells it in his own yard sale for $200...

See, here's where I think the Cowboys have it wrong. Look here, Rico's got good size and moves, right? We know what he can do in the redzone, but is that really enough to make him a full time TE? I mean, it'd stick out like a sore thumb what we've got in mind when he's on the field. For someone with his capabilities, I think he'd be better on the other side of the ball and occasionally coming in to play TE. We have a bigger need at DE/DT than we do at TE, at the moment. I reckon that Rico would be adequate there.