Twitter: He's having a historically great career

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I always thought Zeke came under unfair criticism for the simple fact the guy since 2016 has been one of the best in the league. Derrick Henry can't say that.....no one really can. He's had a few years now where he hasn't been the best back in the league.....probably last two years for sure....but the guy is there and a guy like Saquon Barkley gets far more credit while being injury prone. Zeke's durability probably needs to be praised as well. That or his willingness to play hurt.

I agree with everything you said in regards to Zeke on the field but I think he invited that some of that unfair criticism.

Nothing is everything but everything is something and Zeke has done himself no favors off the field.

He was in trouble in college and it carried over to the Cowboys. He was surely with fans early in his career and squandered an opportunity to be a beloved Cowboy by being aloof and disengaged. Some people are more mature and self aware than others in their early 20's (I admit I wasn't) and he just never figured it out.

Maybe the last part of his career will redeem him but when people tell you who they are - believe them. We know who he is on the field (great) and we know who he has been off the field (not so great) and I think that's why he gets the criticism.

Just my opinion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
1. I'd still take Zeke over Ramsey....personally, I wouldn't take a corner or running back that high.
2. If I drafted Zeke with the 4th overall pick then yeah I would've re-signed him. I can't waste a 4th overall pick that contributes. My salary cap is 200 million...his 15 million is a small part of it.

For you to take that stance after seeing the results is nothing short of ridiculously pathetic. I am going to have a hard time taking you seriously going forward.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If he can stay healthy and Kellen gets him the ball enough, I like his chances of a strong bounceback year.
"If Kellen can get him the ball enough"? Are you implying that Zeke doesnt get enough touches here in Dallas?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good stuff!

NFL backs careers are tied more to the number of seasons or carries, than pure age.
But I suspect if you listed the quickest starters after 5 years, he'd be right up there as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For you to take that stance after seeing the results is nothing short of ridiculously pathetic. I am going to have a hard time taking you seriously going forward.

That's fine man lol. If you aren't capable of understanding that people view things differently then you then that's your issue not mine. You have this very elitist attitude about you that comes across as childish. IF you can't value the opinion of someone that disagrees with you then that's a problem you have to deal with.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said in regards to Zeke on the field but I think he invited that some of that unfair criticism.

Nothing is everything but everything is something and Zeke has done himself no favors off the field.

He was in trouble in college and it carried over to the Cowboys. He was surely with fans early in his career and squandered an opportunity to be a beloved Cowboy by being aloof and disengaged. Some people are more mature and self aware than others in their early 20's (I admit I wasn't) and he just never figured it out.

Maybe the last part of his career will redeem him but when people tell you who they are - believe them. We know who he is on the field (great) and we know who he has been off the field (not so great) and I think that's why he gets the criticism.

Just my opinion.

Derek Henry was used sparingly his first 2 or 3 years in the NFL by the old coaching staff. No idea why. Opportunity is the #1 factor for a RB which Zeke has gotten plenty of. Had Henry had that same opportunity he would no doubt be high up on that list.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's fine man lol. If you aren't capable of understanding that people view things differently then you then that's your issue not mine. You have this very elitist attitude about you that comes across as childish. IF you can't value the opinion of someone that disagrees with you then that's a problem you have to deal with.

Some opinions are just laughable. Like the one you just had. Some horrible opinions can be pawned off with homerism, but I dont think that is the case here.

Just look at your one comment about the CB position not being worthy of a high pick. CB is one of the premium positions in football and you dont even understand that.

You even admitted that you wouldnt take a RB that high, then you go onto say that you would take Zeke again. Maybe it is homerism but either way your reasoning doesnt add up.

Im confident in my opinions because they pan out. I dont think any of this takes any kind of genius intelligence to figure out. Most of it is basic football 101. The key is to be unbiased. I am always shocked at how fans on here get things so mixed up in what seems completely obvious.

There is definitely a level of fans on here that get it. They understand football and get most of this stuff exactly right.

Then you have some fans that think Dak is losing us games throwing for 500 yards and 4 TD's.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Some opinions are just laughable. Like the one you just had. Some horrible opinions can be pawned off with homerism, but I dont think that is the case here.

Just look at your one comment about the CB position not being worthy of a high pick. CB is one of the premium positions in football and you dont even understand that.

You even admitted that you wouldnt take a RB that high, then you go onto say that you would take Zeke again. Maybe it is homerism but either way your reasoning doesnt add up.

Im confident in my opinions because they pan out. I dont think any of this takes any kind of genius intelligence to figure out. Most of it is basic football 101. The key is to be unbiased. I am always shocked at how fans on here get things so mixed up in what seems completely obvious.

There is definitely a level of fans on here that get it. They understand football and get most of this stuff exactly right.

Then you have some fans that think Dak is losing us games throwing for 500 yards and 4 TD's.
Like I said earlier man, you just come across as an elitist. A opinion isn't "laughable" because it disagrees with you. I don't know if you're a child or a adult but I'd hope if you are a child that you will outgrow this mindset at some point.

A prime example......you never ONCE asked me why I had the opinion I had. You ASKED me would I take Zeke over Ramsey....I said yes but I wouldn't have taken either that high. For one, I don't like taking corners that high. For two, I don't like Ramsey. He talks too much and when he can't get his way he'll ask for a trade.

You say CB is a premium position in football and I "don't even understand that". No, its not that I don't understand it its that I understand that you can find good cornerbacks in this league all throughout the draft. The Cowboys got the best cornerback in the draft last draft and that was despite 4 or 5 guys going ahead of him.

Would you rather have Jeff Okudah right now or Trevon Diggs? But see this is what I'm referencing....I Could easily write your opinion off as a troll attempt like I do a few others on this site.....but that's childish. And maybe that's your schtick on this site.....everyone wants to be seen and get their likes up so maybe that's your way of doing it.

And you can be confident in your opinions all you want....it doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than the next person's.....

I know this will fall on deaf ears though. You're going to continue how you've been. It is what it is.

cowboyec

Reaction score
impressive.
i get on him for not keeping his balance and stuff like that...but you can't question his talent.
thats a helluva list to be apart of.
good on Zeke.
rumble young man.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
His salary is the big problem. Rushing titles are great, but TD's are what really matter.

He is a RB that is NOT living up to expectations and getting old fast. You dont pay RB's 15million when you can use a couple pollards and get the same or better results and more diverse skills. Guys like that can be found on the 2nd day plenty good enough.

You're entitled to your opinion I just happen to disagree. Yes great players can be found at most any point in the draft including undrafted. However if you get a great player you keep him. The salary is only a problem to people who don't like him. Since the Joneses don't have a problem with it I can only assume they must like him. Zeke had a down year.. He's not the first player to have a down year and won't be the last. And if he regains his all pro form he will be continue to help this team win games. And his skillset is about as diverse as it gets for a running back. Yes the way Moore calls plays it suits Pollard and his ilk better.. However just because Moore is an idiot doesn't make it right. I like Zeke on my team. I get that some people don't. I can't do anything to help those people. I enjoy watching him and I think be brings a lot to the table that can help a team win if properly used.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I've been hard on Zeke, and rightfully so. I was a big fan of his coming out of college and wanted the Cowboys to pick him.
Having said thus, I think his problem is a lack of focus. He NEVER used to fumble and held the ball like you're supposed to to avoid fumbles.
But I think he got absorbed into the "Cowboys culture" which is spotlight and belly rubs. And once he got that contract, he got soft.
I think he bounces back, but what concerns me is his position and whether a running back EVER comes back once he gets a few years on him.
I hope I'm wrong, but a lot of players have a lot to prove this year, including Zeke.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
That's pretty good company to be in right there. It will be interesting to see how he performs this year after his off-season dedication to getting really fit.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I've been hard on Zeke, and rightfully so. I was a big fan of his coming out of college and wanted the Cowboys to pick him.
Having said thus, I think his problem is a lack of focus. He NEVER used to fumble and held the ball like you're supposed to to avoid fumbles.
But I think he got absorbed into the "Cowboys culture" which is spotlight and belly rubs. And once he got that contract, he got soft.
I think he bounces back, but what concerns me is his position and whether a running back EVER comes back once he gets a few years on him.
I hope I'm wrong, but a lot of players have a lot to prove this year, including Zeke.

I have posted multiple times a list of running backs who had their best seasons (or close to it) after the age of 25. For truly great running backs it really isn't that uncommon.

As for the fumbles.. I just think that was an 7-8 game anomaly owing to a number of factors.
1) The line play. The line stunk most of the year which led to Zeke having to work through a lot more traffic than he had been used to.. More traffic = more hits = more chances to fumble
2) The deficits. It's a natural instinct of a player to try to do more when his team is behind. I think Zeke (and Dak) got caught up in trying to do too much when things fell apart.
3) Covid.. I think it cost him some of his strength early in the season and it was just easier to dislodge the ball from him as he regained his full strength in recovering from it.
4) Natural aging.. I think he underwent some natural slowing down and that also contributed to his taking more hits from behind. The good news is that a lighter, more fit version of him should go back to leaving the guys he has run past in the rear view mirror as opposed to them chasing him down and punching at the ball.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not since Kellen took over as OC.

I would argue that Zeke is getting the ball too much. When you average 2.7 YPC in the first quarter you dont deserve more carries. When you fumble the football you dont deserve more carries. When the #2 RB is outperforming you he deserves more carries. When you are playing catchup most of the time because your defense sucks and your RB fumbles the ball you dont get as many carries as you should because you have to pass the ball to catch up.

Simple concepts about situational football. When Zeke starts doing his job better I am sure he will get more carries.

But lets just put your claim to a test shall we?

-2019 Zeke had 301 carries which was #2 in the NFL Henry had 303 (Your claim doenst hold up)
-2020 Zeke had 244 carries which was #5 in the NFL (Your claim doesnt hold up)

Under Moore Zeke is consistently getting top 5 carries in the NFL. He gets as many opportunities as just about anybody. To say Zeke doesnt get enough carries under Moore is laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Like I said earlier man, you just come across as an elitist. A opinion isn't "laughable" because it disagrees with you. I don't know if you're a child or a adult but I'd hope if you are a child that you will outgrow this mindset at some point.

A prime example......you never ONCE asked me why I had the opinion I had. You ASKED me would I take Zeke over Ramsey....I said yes but I wouldn't have taken either that high. For one, I don't like taking corners that high. For two, I don't like Ramsey. He talks too much and when he can't get his way he'll ask for a trade.

You say CB is a premium position in football and I "don't even understand that". No, its not that I don't understand it its that I understand that you can find good cornerbacks in this league all throughout the draft. The Cowboys got the best cornerback in the draft last draft and that was despite 4 or 5 guys going ahead of him.

Would you rather have Jeff Okudah right now or Trevon Diggs? But see this is what I'm referencing....I Could easily write your opinion off as a troll attempt like I do a few others on this site.....but that's childish. And maybe that's your schtick on this site.....everyone wants to be seen and get their likes up so maybe that's your way of doing it.

And you can be confident in your opinions all you want....it doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than the next person's.....

I know this will fall on deaf ears though. You're going to continue how you've been. It is what it is.

I am an elitist, no argument there. :thumbup:

My record in accuracy backs that up. Quite frankly, I get really tired of listening to all the football and QB challenged ninnies on here getting it all wrong. Football isnt rocket science. I guess it is for some.

I will not argue about whether CB is a premium position. Its beneath me quite frankly. You can do your own homework. You can even google "most important positions in football" and you can find the answer. Hell just take a look at two corners going in the top 10 this year right in front of the Cowboys.

As far as likes, you make me laugh. I dont care about likes. Why would you EVER think a jerk like me would care about likes? :huh:

See what I mean, your theories dont match up with logic. If I wanted likes, all I would have to do is say homer stuff more like what you do and I would get all the likes I wanted.