Hey Theebs: Maybe this is a clue.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;3433842 said:
I'm fully aware that you have add ridiculous qualifiers to your statement and cherry pick statistics to even come close to an indication that Barber had more snaps because he was a better pass-blocker.

As I am fully aware that you know that summary statistics do not address "trends" and that looking at how players were used in our final game is not "cherry picking"

chuffly

Reaction score
AbeBeta;3433833 said:
And I've yet to see a shred of evidence suggesting anything other than Choice plays 3rd downs because we are making a clear effort to try to limit Barber's snaps and keep him healthy.

The Minny game really says it all. A hobbled Barber keeps getting marched out to pass block. You might say "but we can't just put Choice out there in every pass blocking situation ... it would tip our hand" - Clear as day an injured and offensively ineffective Barber is on the field and doing a ton of pass blocking. You'd think if the staff had as much confidence in Choice as you suggest that this would have been the perfect time to put him in. But they didn't.

All the Minnesota game shows me is a stubborn coaching staff playing an obviously injured player and getting lousy results.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
chuffly;3434080 said:
All the Minnesota game shows me is a stubborn coaching staff playing an obviously injured player and getting lousy results.

How can they be "stubborn" if as argued they changed their approach in Minny?

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
Maybe they are not on the same page- but then again, that does not automatically make Choice wrong in that particualr situation. Romo should have seen who was covering Choice and taken advantage of it.

Maybe Choice believed that Romo and he WERE on the same page, maybe Choice just decided to do his own thing, maybe, maybe, maybe... so maybe we should not jump to conclusions.

Barber's role with the team is solidly in HIS own hands. If he does not bounce back to form, then the opportunity will pass him by- and then Jones AND Choice will see their roles upgraded. While Barber will see his position with the team put in jeapordy.

I'll take a wait and see approach. I'm just happy that we have solid depth at the position... you might say that it gives us some real Choices to make.