Hey ZONERS, Your Vote Can Help

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
YoMick;1669783 said:
I know a guy who knows a guy that knows another guy that ring up 2500 votes in one day... from different IP's:D

No comment... ;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Done...!

Looks like you are doing a fine job!!

;)

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
5Stars;1669979 said:
Done...!

Looks like you are doing a fine job!!

;)

Thanks!

I appreciate the feedback. If any of you have advice on how I can make these better, please tell! I'm trying to incorporate more graphics into the videos and improve on my commentary.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1670008 said:
Thanks!

I appreciate the feedback. If any of you have advice on how I can make these better, please tell! I'm trying to incorporate more graphics into the videos and improve on my commentary.

I don't know if you can do this, but one thing I like when I watch NFL films is that when a long pass is thrown, I like it when they insert a "colored line" showing where the ball left the QB's hand until the reciever catches the ball...sort of showing the "path" of the football. It adds a little extra touch to the play.

Another thing I like to see is the cheerleaders getting dressed, but that might be asking too much! ;)

I only watched a few of yours, but not all the way through, but if you have not done this, maybe a few seconds or two with the opposing coaches opinions before the game might add another little touch...

Anyway, I wish I had your talent...your vids look great to me!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
5Stars;1670023 said:
I don't know if you can do this, but one thing I like when I watch NFL films is that when a long pass is thrown, I like it when they insert a "colored line" showing where the ball left the QB's hand until the reciever catches the ball...sort of showing the "path" of the football. It adds a little extra touch to the play.

Another thing I like to see is the cheerleaders getting dressed, but that might be asking too much! ;)

I only watched a few of yours, but not all the way through, but if you have not done this, maybe a few seconds or two with the opposing coaches opinions before the game might add another little touch...

Anyway, I wish I had your talent...your vids look great to me!

I'll look into the "passing line". One thing that gets me in trouble - I like to zoom in real close for the NFL Films look. The problem with this is I get lost very quickly on play action or quick throws. Very hard to track the ball (my nighttime eyesight is not great). I need to back away (zoom out a bit), which would help.

I'm also going to experiment with more slow motion stuff. It won't look as good as the replays on broadcast, but there'll be a good effect.

I do need to get more coach interviews, but I usually arrange stadium access with the home team's Athletic Director and coach, and of the seven games I covered, the home team has won only twice (one was a scrimmage). So yeah, don't have me come to your home game! :) I don't have a reporting background, and when I see the coach and kids afterwards who lost it kills me - they're devastated. I can't go up and shove a camera in their face and start asking questions. I really need another person to hold the camera too. Unlike a lot of people doing this (both of the top vote getters, for example) I do this alone.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1670052 said:
I'll look into the "passing line". One thing that gets me in trouble - I like to zoom in real close for the NFL Films look. The problem with this is I get lost very quickly on play action or quick throws. Very hard to track the ball (my nighttime eyesight is not great). I need to back away (zoom out a bit), which would help.

I'm also going to experiment with more slow motion stuff. It won't look as good as the replays on broadcast, but there'll be a good effect.

I do need to get more coach interviews, but I usually arrange stadium access with the home team's Athletic Director and coach, and of the seven games I covered, the home team has won only twice (one was a scrimmage). So yeah, don't have me come to your home game! :) I don't have a reporting background, and when I see the coach and kids afterwards who lost it kills me - they're devastated. I can't go up and shove a camera in their face and start asking questions. I really need another person to hold the camera too. Unlike a lot of people doing this (both of the top vote getters, for example) I do this alone.

Maybe a little better camera and a better video software will allow you to stay further back from the game and still get a good picture and the software might let you do the zooming during edit...

But, I really know nothing about any of this. I wish theebs or Tek would chime in on the video editing part...

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
5Stars;1670068 said:
Maybe a little better camera and a better video software will allow you to stay further back from the game and still get a good picture and the software might let you do the zooming during edit...

But, I really know nothing about any of this. I wish theebs or Tek would chime in on the video editing part...

I could probably do this to a certain degree, but too far back and it would look really grainy when I zoomed in during editing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Done. I love MaxPreps.com for the high school football rankings, but I wish they would publish the details of their rankings formula. There is an overview, but it's not very specific. Oh well. Anyway, good luck!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
DallasEast;1670139 said:
Done. I love MaxPreps.com for the high school football rankings, but I wish they would publish the details of their rankings formula. There is an overview, but it's not very specific. Oh well. Anyway, good luck!

I sent the question on to my rep; we'll see what he says.

I understand why Southlake Carroll dropped from #1 to #4 after losing to Miami Northwestern, but I just saw that they are now #8 after winning a close one in Rockwall. Kind of harsh considering they were coming off an emotional loss after only five days rest (Saturday night to Thursday night).

And Plano East is in the top 25, now. :eek: Wow. They're really good, but if anything Allen should be in that spot.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
DallasEast;1670139 said:

Their answer suggests it's one of those mathematical formulas that takes into account a lot of complicated algorithms and such. It's also done by an outside group, and they don't ask for the formula ("sort of like asking a cook for his recipe").

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mavs Man;1670181 said:
I sent the question on to my rep; we'll see what he says.

I understand why Southlake Carroll dropped from #1 to #4 after losing to Miami Northwestern, but I just saw that they are now #8 after winning a close one in Rockwall. Kind of harsh considering they were coming off an emotional loss after only five days rest (Saturday night to Thursday night).

And Plano East is in the top 25, now. :eek: Wow. They're really good, but if anything Allen should be in that spot.

Mavs Man;1670235 said:
Their answer suggests it's one of those mathematical formulas that takes into account a lot of complicated algorithms and such. It's also done by an outside group, and they don't ask for the formula ("sort of like asking a cook for his recipe").
Thanks for the info. The rankings can be maddening sometimes. My high school alma mater started out the season ranked around #18, but now they have dropped to #44. It's crazy like a rollercoaster from week-to-week.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Great job by everyone who has voted so far today.

He's making up ground on everyone. If today's rate held true, he could catch 4th place in two more days. It'd take over a year to catch first place though so anyone who hasn't voted today, please do.

Also remember that we can vote every day.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Voted. I tried to vote twice but it told me I had already voted today, so I guess their tracker is working.