Hi my names Ryan, and I’m here for my crow

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dumb was the wrong word. I should have used the word egotistical. I'm just frustrated like everyone else here.
Copy!,,,and,,,ya,I know, Bro!
I'm frustrated as just about anybody of D.C. fandom, I was of full expectation going into the 2017 season that anything less than us making it to the conference championship would've been a failure,,, and I got more of the same ,as usual :(

* that Commanders loss this season seemed more painful to me, than I normally recall feeling ,ya know?)

kskboys

Reaction score
So you think he hires a staff that he doesn't think will win?

That's LOL ridiculous.
I think you're approaching this from the wrong angle.

Jerry hires a staff that he considers "his" staff. He's gambling. He mistakenly believes that if we win w/ "his" staff that he will then gain respect and acceptance in the NFL football world.

Sure, Jerry is optimistic that we will win. However, this misplaced optimism hurts us rather than helps us.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
The 09 draft is when he lost me. I've never seen such a horrible clusterfudge of a draft before.

He started to lose me when he wanted more say in player personnel decisions over Jimmy Johnson because Jimmy was getting all the credit. Which Jimmy deserved.

He want's to be in the spotlight and take all of the credit.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think you're approaching this from the wrong angle.

Jerry hires a staff that he considers "his" staff. He's gambling. He mistakenly believes that if we win w/ "his" staff that he will then gain respect and acceptance in the NFL football world.

Sure, Jerry is optimistic that we will win. However, this misplaced optimism hurts us rather than helps us.
Nah.

This is also contradictory - if his goal is to gain "respect and acceptance" as a football guy, then he does care about winning. Every player and coach in the NFL has that same attitude too.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I can't agree w/ your take on this one, LA. Jerry only cares about earning credence as a football guy. He wants to win a super bowl, but only under his own personal guidance. That is not wanting to win in the worst way.

Not sure we really disagree on this, I think Jerry looks at earning credence as a football guy as the same as winning "in the worst way"...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
This is nonsense. Not winning does not correlate to not caring about winning.

And like I said, this is true for every owner in sports. So I don't know why people are so quick to railroad Jerry for it. You think the Pegulas bought the Bills and Sabres b/c they just want to win football and hockey games? lol
If he cared about winning he'd fire himself. He's aware he's a failure at GM.

Yet the owner keeps the GM. Owner truly cared to win rah-rah he'd fire the GMs arse. He doesn't care.

When you haven't won in 23 years, and you have the same GM hired during that abysmal, disgusting, fraudulent, legacy-and-franchise-staining 2 decade stretch... yeah, I'd say that speaks volumes about his truest of desires to win, or his "caring" of winning over all else. He's kept a fraud GM employed. Fraud. Forbes. Fraud. Forbes. Think he cares more about Forbes than winning.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We don't know what his role as GM is, as it relates to Will McClay and Stephen. So you're probably right, but we don't really know that.

He also won 3 Super Bowls. How many owners/GMs have done that?

Not going to get into another long discussion, but suffice to say while I'll give him credit for hiring Jimmy and for pushing to get Emmitt, there's no way a guy who spent the previous 25 years in the oil business "wins 3 SBs". While Jimmy didn't either, he had far more to do with it than Jerry did.

To say Jerry won 3 SBs just because he IS the owner and general manager by title isn't correct...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So you think he hires a staff that he doesn't think will win?

That's LOL ridiculous.
He hires his children to suck on the teat of the largest sports franchise in the world. Dolling out senior exec positions to his brood of dimwits. A philosophy for over two decades where revenue and bottom line are paramount to winning and furthering the Cowboys' illustrious history and sustaining a winning culture. Then he lets his offspring make football decisions. With all of their qualifications and football accomplishments...

"He cares about winning"

That's LOL ridiculous.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not going to get into another long discussion, but suffice to say while I'll give him credit for hiring Jimmy and for pushing to get Emmitt, there's no way a guy who spent the previous 25 years in the oil business "wins 3 SBs". While Jimmy didn't either, he had far more to do with it than Jerry did.

To say Jerry won 3 SBs just because he IS the owner and general manager by title isn't correct...
Ok, then he doesn't get all of the blame now either.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
To think that we have to tank and get blown out in order to get of a mediocre coach is all I have to know about JJ. Any competent owner would have fired him years ago. We are the Dallas Cowboys and there is no reason we shouldn't be competing for playoffs every year.

No reason to apologize. I often feel bad for the younger fans who don't remember when this organization was respected around the league. Such a wonderful feeingl. Sad to say I took it all for granted. They are right when they say you don't appreciate something until you lose it.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't agree w/ your take on this one, LA. Jerry only cares about earning credence as a football guy. He wants to win a super bowl, but only under his own personal guidance. That is not wanting to win in the worst way.

This!

If Jerry really cared about winning, he'd hire a football GM and step aside and just be the owner. You know...like all those other football organizations that have ***** slapped us for 20+ years.

Jerry want's it his way as GM and his way sucks. Just be the owner and sign the paychecks.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If he cared about winning he'd fire himself. He's aware he's a failure at GM.

Yet the owner keeps the GM. Owner truly cared to win rah-rah he'd fire the GMs arse. He doesn't care.

When you haven't won in 23 years, and you have the same GM hired during that abysmal, disgusting, fraudulent, legacy-and-franchise-staining 2 decade stretch... yeah, I'd say that speaks volumes about his truest of desires to win, or his "caring" of winning over all else. He's kept a fraud GM employed. Fraud. Forbes. Fraud. Forbes. Think he cares more about Forbes than winning.
:eek: OUCH!,,,:lmao:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
@Future

Are you seriously going tell us that Jerry doesn't have the the nuts to hire a real football GM because he might be overshadowed because of his ego.

If so, you're in denial on another level.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The whole idea that Jerry doesn't care if the Cowboys win is one oft he more preposterous notions I've ever heard on a regular basis.

Does not mean he's not wrong in the way he goes about it.
So...yes, he should've stepped down from being GM a long time ago.
But that's just being delusional and irrational…..I think he wants to win as bad or more than anybody here.

Last edited:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
We don't know what his role as GM is, as it relates to Will McClay and Stephen. So you're probably right, but we don't really know that.

He also won 3 Super Bowls. How many owners/GMs have done that?

We must be talking about Jimmy Johnson right now because he's the one that put that team together. After it became a dynasty, Jerry ran Jimmy out of town and wanted all the credit and power over the team. Since then It's been a total **** show.

He's not a GM. Period.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The whole idea that Jerry doesn't care if the Cowboys win is one oft he more preposterous notions I've ever heard on a regular basis.

Does not mean he's not wrong in the way he goes about it.
So...yes, he should've stepped down from being GM a long time ago.
But that's just being delusional and irrational…..I think he wants to win as bad or more than anybody here.
You can disagree with it, JC, the opinions that contrast to yours in this thread, but said opinions aren't some hot take or spin or hate-just-to-hate. Is my opinion so far from reality so as to be labelled "preposterous"? If so, I have a couple vocal posts above, please respond and point out my preposterous notions. "Preposterous" is a bit extreme, buddy. Maybe I'm being too sensitive.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Okay. I'll go slower. What do you think about JJ being the GM of the Cowboys?
You can go slower, but putting it in a readable sentence makes sense. I think that the notion that Jerry doesn't want to win is dumb.

You're saying he wants to win on his own terms, which, fine. I don't really care to get into all that, because it's baseless.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You can go slower, but putting it in a readable sentence makes sense. I think that the notion that Jerry doesn't want to win is dumb.

You're saying he wants to win on his own terms, which, fine. I don't really care to get into all that, because it's baseless.
Winning for Jerry takes back seat to his wealth and the continued expansion of the empire he's built. An empire off of hype and smoke and mirrors and shrewd investments and cutting edge ways of maximizing the amount of revenue he can out of the franchise. Branding, licensing, media etc.

Winning for Jerry is getting one on Goodell, making his fortune and empire larger, keeping the Cowboys relevant at all costs, less the onfield product. The brand is the product. Not football. The only part we tune in for.

He stays licking the tears of the legions of fans that want him to step down.