Hi my names Ryan, and I’m here for my crow

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
You can go slower, but putting it in a readable sentence makes sense. I think that the notion that Jerry doesn't want to win is dumb.

You're saying he wants to win on his own terms, which, fine. I don't really care to get into all that, because it's baseless.

Now you've resorted to unreadable sentences? It's not my my fault your teachers in school couldn't teach you to comprehend.

You said in this thread that whether Jerry was a good at his job is debatable. Now you say It's baseless and don't really care to get into it? Sounds like something you would do.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Now you've resorted to unreadable sentences? It's not my my fault your teachers in school couldn't teach you to comprehend.

You said in this thread that whether Jerry was a good at his job is debatable. Now you say It's baseless and don't really care to get into it? Sounds like something you would do.
Are you seriously going tell us that Jerry doesn't have the the nuts to hire a real football GM because he might be overshadowed because of his ego.
Please tell me what that sentence is supposed to mean, because it's nonsensical. I'm sorry your teachers didn't teach you how to use subjects, clauses, or conjunctions.

No, what I said is baseless is why he cares about winning. Not whether or not he's good at his job. Good job, good effort.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Winning for Jerry takes back seat to his wealth and the continued expansion of the empire he's built. An empire off of hype and smoke and mirrors and shrewd investments and cutting edge ways of maximizing the amount of revenue he can out of the franchise. Branding, licensing, media etc.

Winning for Jerry is getting one on Goodell, making his fortune and empire larger, keeping the Cowboys relevant at all costs, less the onfield product. The brand is the product. Not football. The only part we tune in for.

He stays licking the tears of the legions of fans that want him to step down.

This!

That and I just want my Cowboys back. It used to be Super Bowl or bust. Now certain people get in a circle jerk over a win every other week...or two.

Jerry keeps the team relevant enough to keep money rolling in. In the meantime it keeps him in the spotlight.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Are you seriously going tell us that Jerry doesn't have the the nuts to hire a real football GM because he might be overshadowed because of his ego.
Please tell me what that sentence is supposed to mean, because it's nonsensical. I'm sorry your teachers didn't teach you how to use subjects, clauses, or conjunctions.

No, what I said is baseless is why he cares about winning. Not whether or not he's good at his job. Good job, good effort.

Ummm. You know. an NFL GM that knows what he's doing. A football GM. Like all of those silly little NFL teams that keep winning Super Bowls for 20+ years instead of us?

I said it earlier in this thread. Just be the owner, sign the checks and shut up. His ego is in the way and nothing will change until that happens. 8-8, stay relevant and keep the money rolling in.

Oh, and subjects, clauses and conjunctions? You sound like the dork of the tallest order with that one.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah.

This is also contradictory - if his goal is to gain "respect and acceptance" as a football guy, then he does care about winning. Every player and coach in the NFL has that same attitude too.
I think it depends on how you define "care about", and if it matters how far down on the list it is.

Jerry does not care enough about winning to take the necessary steps to win. So, how much does he actually care?

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok, then he doesn't get all of the blame now either.
Jerry gets full credit for those super bowls, and full credit since. It doesn't matter if the GM does it himself or hires guys that can do it. His job is to get it done, period.

What's ultra shocking is that Jerry doesn't understand this.

kskboys

Reaction score
The whole idea that Jerry doesn't care if the Cowboys win is one oft he more preposterous notions I've ever heard on a regular basis.

Does not mean he's not wrong in the way he goes about it.
So...yes, he should've stepped down from being GM a long time ago.
But that's just being delusional and irrational…..I think he wants to win as bad or more than anybody here.
Not even close.

I want to win so badly that I'd hire a guy who knows what he's doing to run things. Jerry refuses. And it's kept us mediocre.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
This!

That and I just want my Cowboys back. It used to be Super Bowl or bust. Now certain people get in a circle jerk over a win every other week...or two.

Jerry keeps the team relevant enough to keep money rolling in. In the meantime it keeps him in the spotlight.
It is rather unfortunate my fandom has been reduced to the "circle jerk Rah-Rah club of limited victories guidon bearer" , while maintaining the full&complete acceptance of the knowledge that JERRY is gonna JERRY ON DOWN TO THE BEAT OF HIS OWN DRUM,regardless of my expressed level of self righteous indignation concerning the distasteful & ungroovy sound of the longtime same dance tune being laid down.

I should point out the very real possibility that Having JERRY on the DRUMS could very well prove to have been the happy times for COWBOYS fandom ,due to some fairly strong indicators I'm picking up off of the junior JERRY in waiting, as the intellectual aire of footballish aristocratic acumen he's attempting to project is a bit disconcerting to me in the long run view of things( for example: if the #94 puts together a half dozen more sacks on the season? It wouldn't surprise me in the least in seeing him let the #90 drift down river based upon the fiscal bottom line,regardless of the fact it was the double teaming of the #90 in allowing the #94 to produce those numbers to begin with,,,ya! He could be that footballishly dumb,while being short sightedly fiscally brilliant:confused:)

CapnB

Reaction score
Jerry knows nothing brings more success than a winner. I dont understand why people dont get this. I see people say all Jerry cares about is his bank account. I just SMH. People can say what you want about him, but he knows how to make money, and he knows the better his team is, the more money he will make. Its not that hard to figure out. So this is pure BS that all he cares about is $$.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry knows nothing brings more success than a winner. I dont understand why people dont get this. I see people say all Jerry cares about is his bank account. I just SMH. People can say what you want about him, but he knows how to make money, and he knows the better his team is, the more money he will make. Its not that hard to figure out. So this is pure BS that all he cares about is $$.
I agree.

However, winning is simply not his first priority. He's made that painfully obvious by refusing to take the steps needed to win.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Jerry does not care enough about winning to take the necessary steps to win. So, how much does he actually care?
This is false, and subjective to boot.

Trading a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper is a major step towards trying to win. Drafting a RB at #4 overall is trying to win...the list goes on and on and on. The results haven't been there, but it's impossible to make a connection between that and how much Jerry "cares."

DFWJC

Reaction score
You can disagree with it, JC, the opinions that contrast to yours in this thread, but said opinions aren't some hot take or spin or hate-just-to-hate. Is my opinion so far from reality so as to be labelled "preposterous"? If so, I have a couple vocal posts above, please respond and point out my preposterous notions. "Preposterous" is a bit extreme, buddy. Maybe I'm being too sensitive.
Maybe so.
I think Jerry would sell his left nut to win it all.
I just think he's not done the right things for that to happen.
Being wrong does not mean you don't care.
jmo...and that opinion is not always right either

I take back the "preposterous" part. :thumbup:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Maybe so.

No need, my bud. I was being a jerk. And when I went back to delete it, I just missed the timer :(

I can understand your take, that Jerry cares. I should use more tact and a calmer demeanor, especially when it’s JC. I’m sorry, man. :star::thumbup:

kskboys

Reaction score
This is false, and subjective to boot.

Trading a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper is a major step towards trying to win. Drafting a RB at #4 overall is trying to win...the list goes on and on and on. The results haven't been there, but it's impossible to make a connection between that and how much Jerry "cares."
It is not false.

Jerry has publicly stated that he'd have been fired as GM for any other team. Therefore, he knows he's not doing a good job. And he does not care enough to hire a competent GM, even though he knows he needs one.

The results haven't been there due to odd drafting, poor player evaluation, and an apparent lack of a blueprint.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe so.

He cares more about establishing himself as a football guy.

Being wrong about players doesn't mean you don't care. Refusing to hire competent personnal to make player decisions means winning is not anywhere near the top of your list.

Jerry knows he needs a football man in charge. So, I guess his left nut wouldn't bring enough?

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
From Wikipedia

"Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones mutually agreed to split due largely to their growing inability to work together. Johnson's relationship with Jones began to fall apart in 1993. It started with Jones wanting more say in player personnel decisions. Although Jones had the title of general manager, Johnson had the final say in football matters and was unwilling to give it up."

Yeah. Let Jimmy build you a dynasty and then pull the rug out from underneath him. Get one more SB ring with the team that Jimmy built and take all the credit. Since then, It's been 20+ years since the Cowboys have sniffed another one.

We can keep kicking each other in the crotch here all day and every day. "It's the coaching. It's the QB. It's the WR's. It's the TE's." Blah blah blah.

The problem is at the top. Jerry is a great owner but he just sucks as a GM and needs to hire a real football mind and step aside.

I have no doubt that JJ want's to win. He just doesn't know how to do it on his own but want's to prove he can. That's just ego on his part.

kskboys

Reaction score
From Wikipedia

"Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones mutually agreed to split due largely to their growing inability to work together. Johnson's relationship with Jones began to fall apart in 1993. It started with Jones wanting more say in player personnel decisions. Although Jones had the title of general manager, Johnson had the final say in football matters and was unwilling to give it up."

Yeah. Let Jimmy build you a dynasty and then pull the rug out from underneath him. Get one more SB ring with the team that Jimmy built and take all the credit. Since then, It's been 20+ years since the Cowboys have sniffed another one.

We can keep kicking each other in the crotch here all day and every day. "It's the coaching. It's the QB. It's the WR's. It's the TE's." Blah blah blah.

The problem is at the top. Jerry is a great owner but he just sucks as a GM and needs to hire a real football mind and step aside.

I have no doubt that JJ want's to win. He just doesn't know how to do it on his own but want's to prove he can. That's just ego on his part.
There's just so much out there that proves winning is not Jerry's first priority. I mean, you gotta ignore a ton of facts and data to not see it.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
There's just so much out there that proves winning is not Jerry's first priority. I mean, you gotta ignore a ton of facts and data to not see it.

True that. If he really cared about winning, he'd get out of his own way and hire some football minds to run the show.

Seriously! What would be so hard about just signing the paychecks and sitting in the owners booth during games with a better product on the field. He'd make more money that way anyhow. His ego has no boundaries.