Twitter: High Emotions: Security Closes the Doors as Bennett and other players rant (Post 156)

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah, Stats suck when they don't agree with you. Better to make up your own facts. :facepalm:

Dude, it's dumb because the game was just a few hours ago and you are using raw statistics like we all didn't just witness his rating got bumped up greatly in garbage time and his yards did as well.

He had a rating in the 70s before that final TD drive.

Worse yet, you weren't just using stats - you attempted to excuse both his turnovers. First off, the INT is on him. Secondly, even Romo mentioned that Dak was slightly late and hesitated right before the fumble.

fishspill

Reaction score
A winning team would have done that for the Cowboys irrespective. The Cowboys legacy wasn’t built when Jerry was here. It was already established.

so yeah, he sucks..
Yep, different realities.

CoachD

Reaction score
Show some respect ya douchebag. Thats the greatest TE Dallas has ever had in uniform and a first ballot HOFer.

Very true comment however I would really like to see a lot more Jarwin and a lot less Witten! Jarwin stretches the field and gives Dak another weapon, Witten runs six-yard routes and turns around and to be honest at his age and speed he's actually holding this offense back.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dude, it's dumb because the game was just a few hours ago and you are using raw statistics like we all didn't just witness his rating got bumped up greatly in garbage time and his yards did as well.

He had a rating in the 70s before that final TD drive.

Worse yet, you weren't just using stats - you attempted to excuse both his turnovers. First off, the INT is on him. Secondly, even Romo mentioned that Dak was slightly late and hesitated right before the fumble.

I counted the seconds on that strip sack fumble. It was around 5 to 5 1/2 seconds

Way too much time.
Ball has to be out

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The strip sack is not his fault. He got hit on the INT as well. Those are pass protection issues. You can characterize any way you want. The numbers say he was ok. 32-49 . 355 yards.....2 TDs . 1 INT......

Quarterbacks with pocked presence know when the throw the ball or run. Dak doesn't have that. He had ample time to find a receiver and if none were open, throw it away or run. He did neither.

But let's say you're right, the last chance to pull this game out was the 4th down throw to a wide open Zeke, and he missed it badly, with NO PRESSURE. Bills were backed up to prevent an end zone td throw.

This loss was at least 50% on Dak, that wasn't the only off throw, and there were several other passes that Cobb, Cooper and others had to make a huge effort to catch. Watch Brady's or Brees' or Rodgers throws, most of them are dead on target. Dak makes some great throws, but far too few compared to misses or passes that require tremendous effort to catch.

I will give Dak a bit of slack, he came to this team with a running game that was second to none in the league, he's not used to being a few years ago Brees, or a P. Manning, etc. Those guys are used to being in a high volume passing offense.

I said at the beginning of the year, I would give Dak the entire season to improve. For a while it appeared he was doing so, but lately he has regressed. He's got 5 games left, I'll revisit his performance after the season, but it ain't looking good. I'll support him until then, and would like everybody to get behind him, just because he's doing the best he can with a greenhorn OC and a doofus head coach, and if a new coach is hired after the season, I'd still like to see him stick around, if for no other reason than he deserves it based on who his coaches have been, Wade Wilson ******** his development, he's durable so good coaching may turn him around, but we won't know that until next year....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very true comment however I would really like to see a lot more Jarwin and a lot less Witten! Jarwin stretches the field and gives Dak another weapon, Witten runs six-yard routes and turns around and to be honest at his age and speed he's actually holding this offense back.

The fact is that both are below average TE's in the NFL. Witten had a good game today and doesn't need to be yelling in the locker room. He's never been that guy. He leads by example and has always lead by example.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I counted the seconds on that strip sack fumble. It was around 5 to 5 1/2 seconds

Way too much time.
Ball has to be out

I believe he was glued to Cooper rather than scanning the field. That's been Dak's problem his entire career, he's not the best at feeling pressure - sadly, you don't ever learn that, it's normally an instinct.

Jipper

Reaction score
F them for ruining many thanksgiving meals .....want to make it right fire garret

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Quarterbacks with pocked presence know when the throw the ball or run. Dak doesn't have that. He had ample time to find a receiver and if none were open, throw it away or run. He did neither.

But let's say you're right, the last chance to pull this game out was the 4th down throw to a wide open Zeke, and he missed it badly, with NO PRESSURE. Bills were backed up to prevent an end zone td throw.

This loss was at least 50% on Dak, that wasn't the only off throw, and there were several other passes that Cobb, Cooper and others had to make a huge effort to catch. Watch Brady's or Brees' or Rodgers throws, most of them are dead on target. Dak makes some great throws, but far too few compared to misses or passes that require tremendous effort to catch.

I will give Dak a bit of slack, he came to this team with a running game that was second to none in the league, he's not used to being a few years ago Brees, or a P. Manning, etc. Those guys are used to being in a high volume passing offense.

I said at the beginning of the year, I would give Dak the entire season to improve. For a while it appeared he was doing so, but lately he has regressed. He's got 5 games left, I'll revisit his performance after the season, but it ain't looking good. I'll support him until then, and would like everybody to get behind him, just because he's doing the best he can with a greenhorn OC and a doofus head coach, and if a new coach is hired after the season, I'd still like to see him stick around, if for no other reason than he deserves it based on who his coaches have been, Wade Wilson ******** his development, he's durable so good coaching may turn him around, but we won't know that until next year....

Dak is having a pro bowl year. Very few other cowboys are......you remind me of the fans who used to bash romo after every loss. Yes, lets blame the one guy doing a good job for the 6-6 season.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I want Dak to get mad and act like a leader. Being soft as butter and acting like everything is handy dandy isn’t helping anything. Michael Bennett attitudes actually help from time to time. He’d get a lot of respect if he did something amongst the lines of that.

See that’s the problem. When’s the last time you’ve ever seen Dak, Zeke, Jaylon, Sean Lee, or any of our other big players actually call people out, yell, or get emotional? I’ve never seen it. Why is this team so soft? It’s pissing me off. This team gets embarrassed, mocked, bullied, and punked every week yet does and says nothing about it. What the hell kind of team is this? They act like scared 5 year old children. For grown *** men they sure don’t act like it.