Twitter: High Emotions: Security Closes the Doors as Bennett and other players rant (Post 156)

MikeB80

Reaction score
I don't know what happened to this franchise that made this such an anomaly around here. It's like everything changed around here when the triplets retired.

When Parcells was hired discipline and what mattered was put back into perspective. We just didn't have a qb. Had Dallas landed Jake Delhomme that offseason as parcells wanted to who knows what could have happened.

I remember aikman saying during the 03 or 04 season that going to valley ranch and being around the team it was exactly like what was going on in New England and he was jealous he couldn't have played for Parcells. Darren Woodson said the exact thing, I remember him talking about how finally he had a guy around that was in charge like jimmy early in his career.

I will forever wish Dallas would have hired Parcells going into that 97 season and let him do whatever he wants. There was still enough talent here and the triplets had enough left in the tank for one more run with a guy like parcells running the show.

I feel the same way about Mike Shannahan. I wish Dallas hired him when he was available before he went to washington, would have been a perfect fit with Romo.

Zordon

Reaction score
"The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change." - M Bennett

Not as impactful as #Finish on a T-shirt, but give Bennett another year and he'll boil it down to a "#Change" Iron-on.

Seriously, the guy understands winning culture and knows this aint it

Change should start with Garrett, Maher and Marinelli tonight. THat is a wakeup call.
If Jerry was smart he would pull Bennett into his office sometime this weekend and pick his brain about what he sees wrong in the organization compared to his previous stops. I'd rather he listen to a straight shooter like Bennett then a bunch of company men like Witten and Lee. Part of the reason we've sucked throughout the last decade is because a lot of our "leaders" are also some of the biggest enablers of Garrett. There are no Haley's and Aikman's anymore to challenge the status quo around here. I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing Witten defend Garrett and say "we have to execute better" ad nauseam.

MikeB80

Reaction score

Yikes. The only coaches we have here are guys that basically were middle to bottom of the pack or knew Garrett in some capacity.

Columbo, Kitna, Moore on offense
Marinelli, Leon Lett, bloom, O Quinn..

these are all people here because of Garrett. Marinelli said a few years ago he would only continue to coach for 3 people and those were Bruce Arians, Garrett and Lovie Smith.

So if these guys are out on him what does that say? Not sure many of them will be in demand in the NFL as coaches.

Also, I wonder how high on the list Lovie Smith will be. He is a master of this same defense and usually got better results with it. Maybe he is a sleeper candidate.

Staubacher

Reaction score
If Jerry was smart he would pull Bennett into his office sometime this weekend and pick his brain about what he sees wrong in the organization compared to his previous stops. I'd rather he listen to a straight shooter like Bennett then a bunch of company men like Witten and Lee. Part of the reason we've sucked throughout the last decade is because a lot of our "leaders" are also some of the biggest enablers of Garrett. There are no Haley's and Aikman's anymore to challenge the status quo around here. I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing Witten defend Garrett and say "we have to execute better" ad nauseam.
Lee has been a warrior out there on defense, one of the few making plays. He has declined due to injury and age but I'll take 11 Sean Lee's over most of the bums we have out there

Zordon

Reaction score
When Parcells was hired discipline and what mattered was put back into perspective. We just didn't have a qb. Had Dallas landed Jake Delhomme that offseason as parcells wanted to who knows what could have happened.

I remember aikman saying during the 03 or 04 season that going to valley ranch and being around the team it was exactly like what was going on in New England and he was jealous he couldn't have played for Parcells. Darren Woodson said the exact thing, I remember him talking about how finally he had a guy around that was in charge like jimmy early in his career.

I will forever wish Dallas would have hired Parcells going into that 97 season and let him do whatever he wants. There was still enough talent here and the triplets had enough left in the tank for one more run with a guy like parcells running the show.

I feel the same way about Mike Shannahan. I wish Dallas hired him when he was available before he went to washington, would have been a perfect fit with Romo.
The Shanahan one hurts the most because he actually has a great personal relationship with Jerry.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Team has clearly quit on this horrid coaching staff
This says the opposite. But coaching doesn't matter because the real coach is still Jerry Jones. The other coaches are irrelevant. Till this changes nothing else will change. Head coach is the most meaningless position the Cowboys organization. And won't factor in anything till the top changes.

MikeB80

Reaction score
watching the local channel five news and Randall Cobb said bennett's message was well received in the locker room.

Whatever that means.

DoomsdayD22

Reaction score
Makes sense.

Bennett is outspoken.

He's also been in winning locker rooms and he probably can't believe the everything-is-fine and we'll-get-em-next time culture and mentality of this team.

The so-called leaders of this team should be embarrassed.

Regarding Jerry saying a coaching change does not help improve our chances of winning this year, does he also realize that doing nothing does not improve our chances as well?

I have a feeling that Stephen (and others) have started to work behind the scenes to find the next head coach, and if they aren't, they absolutely should be. I get that they like Garrett and are rooting for him, plus they so desperately want to be right about him, but you have to have a plan.

I think you nailed it and is what I believe. This is the same predictable team we've had since Garret arrived, I remember Ray Lewis bragging after a game years ago that their D knew just about every play Dallas ran before they ran it. Amari Cooper said shortly after he arrived last year the DB's know what routes he's running. I've seen flashes of change shortly after new coach arrivals but then I think JG reins them in....he's a terrible game day coach, no adjustments, terrible of challenge plays and going for an FG or TD late in the game. He has to go, the quicker the better. I think you would see the team respond positively with his firing.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The season just needs to end, if what Newy Scruggs is reporting is true. It won't get any better in 2019.

Grevus

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson said it early in the day. He demanded excellence. He didn't care if the players hated him. I've read where Jimmy would blowup over the minor details all the time. This is exactly what this team needs. Enough of this "We need to learn from this and do better" junk. Heads need to roll. Every team that plays the Cowboys give 100% effort. Teams love beating the this team with all the drama, stars and hype we have. This team acts like were NE without any of the rings. One more thing, enough of players more concerned with swapping jerseys at the end of the game. You just got embarrased on Thanksgiving as a 6.5 point favor and after the game, you want to swap jerseys?

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I wish I could give this post a hundred likes.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yikes. The only coaches we have here are guys that basically were middle to bottom of the pack or knew Garrett in some capacity.

Columbo, Kitna, Moore on offense
Marinelli, Leon Lett, bloom, O Quinn..

these are all people here because of Garrett. Marinelli said a few years ago he would only continue to coach for 3 people and those were Bruce Arians, Garrett and Lovie Smith.

So if these guys are out on him what does that say? Not sure many of them will be in demand in the NFL as coaches.

Also, I wonder how high on the list Lovie Smith will be. He is a master of this same defense and usually got better results with it. Maybe he is a sleeper candidate.
Here is a question. Who from Garretts coaching tree has gone on to have success after leaving Dallas. I think that says alot about a coach